PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Motorcycle Show

2faston3
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Hello All:

Visited the Toronto Motorcycle Show on Friday. Visited the BRP booth which held, a lot of accessories, (not for sale) two spyders (yellow and silver) many dealers and 1 rep from BRP.

Oh I forgot to say that the Yellow one was the first one off the line with the SE5 auto shifter. Sorry no pics. :edit:

Can you say look ma no levers. :'(

Needless to say the shifter has only one button, you use your left thumb for up shifting and although I didn't try it I assume the index finger to down shift. The rep told me that if you pull up to a stop and forget to downshift it will automatically do that for you. :bigthumbsup:

Another new feature that wasn't on the demos was a sensor under the passenger seat that senses a co-rider and adjusts the mapping of the engine, the traction control, and the ABS system.

Needless to say I passed a lot of info off the boards to the rep and suggested they start logging on and read what the customers have to say...

Also I passed on the Insurance complaint from oui Canadians about the treatment we are getting for the Insurance industry as a whole.

Of course they said that they have an official Insurance company, I replied that I recieved a quote from them and it wasn't far off the quote I recieved from my own insuance company who quoted me from their pool insurance.

Just sayin!

2faston3 ;D

Lamonster
12-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Another new feature that wasn't on the demos was a sensor under the passenger seat that senses a co-rider and adjusts the mapping of the engine, the traction control, and the ABS system.

I like that. Might need that for my trailer. :doorag:

LittleJohn
12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
I like that. Might need that for my trailer. :doorag:

Big guys like me might just want to wire that switch closed.....LOL

2faston3
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Hello:

Hmmm, according to the manual, trailering is a No/No... :bigthumbsup:

Naughty boys, anybody heard of a hitch for it yet? ;D

I will be next on the list for one.... :agree:

2faston3

Lamonster
12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
I wonder if anyone is going to make a "bike" kit for it. ;)

LittleJohn
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
I wonder if anyone is going to make a "bike" kit for it. ;)

:hot: Its called an Aprilia.....LMAO!!!!

Lamonster
12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
;D :bigthumbsup: