PDA

View Full Version : Seal Floorboard Problems

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 11:07 AM
These can be great boards but read the install instructions carefully. I have a 2012 Limited and they do not fit that great. If you need to raise the passengers footrests then you will have to make your own support to hold the rear bracket solid. These rear brackets are made to have the passenger footrests down all the way to make the rear bracket solid. Also just discovered that I will have to put risers underneath the front supports to keep them off the wings under the front part of the floorboards. Any pressure at all on the the top front of the boards hits the wings. It has turned a 30-45 minute job into 8 hours.

staysafeonline
09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
These can be great boards but read the install instructions carefully. I have a 2012 Limited and they do not fit that great. If you need to raise the passengers footrests then you will have to make your own support to hold the rear bracket solid. These rear brackets are made to have the passenger footrests down all the way to make the rear bracket solid. Also just discovered that I will have to put risers underneath the front supports to keep them off the wings under the front part of the floorboards. Any pressure at all on the the top front of the boards hits the wings. It has turned a 30-45 minute job into 8 hours.

Call John @ Seal I am sure he will work with you to resolve any issues you are having! I don't have his stuff, but I have had lunch with him and he is a great guy!

harrypottar
09-01-2012, 11:39 AM
John has some update rear mounts for this issue. They are square in nature so the don't twist.

The front of my seals don't touch the front wings? maybe with the new rear brackets this will sort list self out.

Contact john he wil get the new brackets out to you.

Here is the thread on the new brackets. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41502-New-Seal-Floorboard-rear-support-brackets-review)

harry

Ivorspyder
09-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I installed Seal Floorboards 4 weeks ago.I have a 2012 RT.I am not handy at all but I followed the instructions and had the job done in 45 minutes.It was no problem and have done a 1000 miles with them .They are terrific.
I simply cannot imagine it would take anyone 8 hours to install.
Ivor:spyder:

leenanj
09-01-2012, 11:43 AM

I installed mine a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing with rear foot rest,
I saw on his web site about the new rear pegs for the rear but did not get them
when i ordered mine.

My problem however is the rubber mat keeps sliding around in hot weather, I removed them, cleaned the surface good and re silicone them
but they are moving again so might have to find a better glue.

Overall I love the floorboards and would buy them again. :thumbup:

Ivorspyder
09-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I installed mine a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing with rear foot rest,
when i ordered mine.

My problem however is the rubber mat keeps sliding around in hot weather, I removed them, cleaned the surface good and re silicone them

I had the same problem went to Napa bought the 3 m spray glue.Cleaned them up ,sprayed the 3 m now they don't move at all.
Ivor:spyder:

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 12:20 PM
John's a guy who stands behind his product 100 percent... Call him and he'll do whatever needs to be done to make sure that all is as it should be for you...

schnauzermom
09-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Love the floorboards, great product!! Since we're on the subject, my husband was thinking of removing the rubber mat and taking them to Rhino Liner and have them sprayed with the liner instead.....anyone ever done that, see any potential problems with doing that:chat:????

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 01:19 PM
I do have the square rear mounts and they slip out of the rear unless you have the passenger footrests all the way down. I need them all the way up!
It doesn't take 8 hours to install UNLESS you have to MAKE your own supports to hold the rear mount in and down!
I was also including the time it is going to take me to remove the front supports and put risers underneath to keep the front of the boards off of the wings.
I have installed MANY after market upgrades to many different motorcycles and never have had this many problems in the past!
I am not sure if this may only apply to the 2012 Limited RT SE5 version.

harrypottar
09-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I have a 2012 RT Limited.

If the front of the sealboard is screwed to the front peg, how can the rear pull out? the angle needed can not made.

Can you take some pictures or small video showing the issue be nice to help you if we can.

harry

CyncySpyder
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I realize this is a great forum to find information and also to vent for those of us that feel no one is listening to our problems:chill: but I find it difficult to understand why someone would post negative comments about a product or service before giving the manufacturer a fair chance to correct any issue or problem:lecturef_smilie: Just my 2¢ :rolleyes:

leenanj
09-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I have a 2012 RT Limited.

If the front of the sealboard is screwed to the front peg, how can the rear pull out? the angle needed can not made.

Can you take some pictures or small video showing the issue be nice to help you if we can.

harry

It cannot fall out but it can move or flex up and down when stepped on.

It also vibrates somewhat because it is not attached firmly.

I was thinking of drilling the rear bracket out and putting a bolt through it, problem solved.

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 02:47 PM
How do you know I haven't contacted him? I Have! I was told the rear passenger footrests must be placed down on the rear supports!
Then the rear brackets are solid. I NEED THEM ALL THE WAY UP!
Maybe some people don't know what they are talking about!!!

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
To fix I used a bolt with washers, locknuts and made metal supports 1 1/2 in. wide by 2 in. long that fit on top of the rear bracket.

CyncySpyder
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM

]How do you know I haven't contacted him[/U]? I Have! I was told the rear passenger footrests must be placed down on the rear supports!Then the rear brackets are solid. I NEED THEM ALL THE WAY UP!Maybe some people don't know what they are talking about!!!

[/QUOTE]http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.png Interesting. .............. Have you contacted John?[/QUOTE]

I don't, thats why I asked if you had:lecturef_smilie: You didn't say that you had contacted him, You also didn't ask any questions, just made statements of negative comments.

arntufun
09-01-2012, 03:12 PM
How do you know I haven't contacted him? I Have! I was told the rear passenger footrests must be placed down on the rear supports!
Then the rear brackets are solid. I NEED THEM ALL THE WAY UP!
Maybe some people don't know what they are talking about!!!

Is it written on the directions that the rear passenger footrests must be placed down on the rear supports ????? If not, you have a valid complaint and John should note that on the install directions so you and others will know.

I know your frustrated, but it's not a good way to start off on this site by saying people don't know what they are talking about. Be careful of the toes you step on today, because they might be connected to the azz your kissing tomorrow when you need help with your Spyder. :chill:

BTW, :welcome: and hope you have good luck making the bracket or returning the boards for a refund. :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I have had several conversations with this gentleman. I have asked what I can do to help and am more than willing to take them back and give a refund. I have not heard back since then until now. I am always willing to work with those who have a problem or take them back. This is the first negative posting with almost 500 sets sold.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

bruiser
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I have had several conversations with this gentleman. I have asked what I can do to help and am more than willing to take them back and give a refund. I have not heard back since then until now. I am always willing to work with those who have a problem or take them back. This is the first negative posting with almost 500 sets sold.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

You just can't please some people.

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Maybe he'll think about it a bit and decide to come to his senses... I hope! :dontknow:
John's a class-act... :thumbup:

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Just in case anyone cares, John, you did not offer me a refund or respond to my complaint!!!! If you say you did then YOU know what you are!
If anyone wants to know how to stop the problem of the floorboards hitting the wings underneath, read on.
I put 1/2 in. shims under the boards on the front supports, 3/8 may work better. You can't raise to high or you will need another shim under the brake pedal.
Now with the supports on the back they are rock solid and also LEVEL.

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Why don't you just take it up with him in private... or do you always do your laundry out in public?

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Also would be nice if the manufacturer would fix the problems that he knows he has with these boards!!!!

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 05:20 PM
MAYBE YOU LIKE INFERIOR PRODUCTS! I DON'T!

ARtraveler
09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I can't add much here.

I have dealt with John and he has come through on both sets of floorboards that I have on my RT's.

Cincy is right on also! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

leenanj
09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
To fix I used a bolt with washers, locknuts and made metal supports 1 1/2 in. wide by 2 in. long that fit on top of the rear bracket.

Now that's a good idea, I may go that route rather than trying to drill the original bracket.

My wife is on the short side so the footrests have to be almost all the way up.

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I've got no dog in this fight... I don't own a set of Seals. :shocked:
But I do know when somebody is getting a little bit beyond where "Polite and Friendly" stops, and "Argumentative and Nasty" starts...
His products aren't inferior and probably don't have any major design flaws; they may just not be right for your application.
Take it up with John; I'll bet that he'll find a way to work it out with you in a manner that doesn't have to have you sounding like this in an oen forum...
Good Luck and please let us know how this all works out for you. :thumbup:

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
And I am tired of people who have no idea what they are talking about! If you had read my first post, then you would know I said they can be great boards but have to have modifications for the install! How or why would you even respond when you don't even have a set of these boards? You really have no idea what you are talking about!
I thought this was supposed to be a forum for help with products and how to install them. I GUESS NOT!!!
When you have to manufacture your own parts to install an expensive after market product then why would that not be considered inferior????????????????

spyder3
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Take a deep breath folks....everybody is always jumping to conclusions. Of course the OP is going to get defensive when people not involved have to throw in there 2 cents worth and right away take a position against the guy. Vendors aren't always perfect either. :lecturef_smilie:

:popcorn:

ARtraveler
09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
In your eight posts you have managed to disrespect some of the best and knowledgeble people who are on the forum. I do not think you are getting off to a very good start.

rrfreng
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

spyder3
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
RR, maybe you would like to delete this thread and start anew....this is a great place with many great people and perhaps starting over would be a good idea? :dontknow:

arntufun
09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
You just don't get it do you ???????? Nobody will want to help you with the way you speak to others. Posters were trying to help you and find out more about the issue and you instantly turned your anger for the floorboard to other posters and you still continue to do so.

At this point I could care less if you had a valid complaint or not. When you have an issue or a question about your Spyder in the future, I for one will never respond to you and I'm certain others won't either. You're on your own.

samewok
09-01-2012, 08:54 PM
He needs to read instuctions on line before he buys a product.

oldbaldguy
09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I can only say that my seal floorboards are one of the best mods I have. Sorry you aren't happy with yours. Lots of satisfied customers around here, though

Bumblebee67
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I can only say that my seal floorboards are one of the best mods I have. Sorry you aren't happy with yours. Lots of satisfied customers around here, though

:agree::thumbup::agree:

Arr MiHardies
09-01-2012, 11:56 PM
You just don't get it do you ???????? Nobody will want to help you with the way you speak to others. Posters were trying to help you and find out more about the issue and you instantly turned your anger for the floorboard to other posters and you still continue to do so.

At this point I could care less if you had a valid complaint or not. When you have an issue or a question about your Spyder in the future, I for one will never respond to you and I'm certain others won't either. You're on your own.

Amen.

This guy has already earned a spot on my ignore list. I know John only by reputation. A reputation he's earned like many other of our site vendors. Are vendors always perfect? No. But "the customer is always right" bit is :cus:. It is possible to post a complaint or concern in a civil fashion. This guy must have learned from his parents that if he throws a temper tantrum in Toys R Us he gets what he wants so he'll shut up and I have no patience for people like that. I hope he enjoys talking to a wall, cause I doubt many here will help him anymore.

spacetrucker
09-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Really rrf you need to call John at his shop it will get fix right.. Call him...........

spacetrucker
09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I see RRf is new, need to learn more before,yell at all of us. Please call John 24-7 can really help you on this...

rrfreng
09-02-2012, 12:11 AM
spyder3-There probably are many great people on this site but why should I start a new thread when they really need to know about about some of these products and if they should spend
$700 on something that may not work for them. I can afford much more than this but get upset when I am told by your "senior" members I have upset or disrespected(dissed?) them!
arntufun-YOU don't get it!!!!! I don't need your help!!! YOU are not listening!!! I was trying to inform others on how to make their purchase of an expensive item actually work on their bike! I guess YOU don't care about that!!!!
The posters were not trying to help because they and YOU were not reading what I SAID!!! You were just trying to discredit me because I was new and YOU know it all!!! GO BACK AND READ MY FIRST POST!
The next thing, YOU don't care about valid complaints????????? I hope everyone that is reading this will understand that you should not be trusted and never believe anything you say! I hope everyone goes back
up and reads your comments.
You said you will never respond to me, can I take you at your word? I VERY MUCH DOUBT THAT!!!!! I think everyone knows hows much your word is worth!!!! Why would anyone trust your response?????
samewok- You are another person that obviously did not read all of my posts! You are right, I did not understand those instructions! On my first post THAT is what I said!!! Read the installation instructions!!!!
IF YOU NEED THE PASSENGER FOOTRESTS ALL THE WAY UP, YOU NEED TO MODIFY THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oldbaldguy I am happy I bought these, just upset with the mods I had to do and those that think they have all the answers and can't take any constructive criticism.

I am sure there are many that see my point but you probably should not make your feelings known on this site because you will not be respected for it!!!

If the moderator does not like the way I have responded or have offered advise, then please take me off. Then everyone will know how much this site values FREE SPEECH.

rrfreng
09-02-2012, 12:37 AM
TO: arr mihardies (what is that?) You want to talk about my parents? I don't suppose you had any, so I do feel sorry for you. Since I will be talking to a wall it probably won't matter but as I said I DON'T WANT OR NEED HELP!!!!
If I needed help, it sure would not be from you. You do however need a lot or help, aren't there any psychiatrist's in Nevada? Since you said you will be ignoring me I hope someone else who
is your friend will get you the help you really need.(or do you have any friends?) Please do remember I am on your ignore list. I will not forget!!!

rrfreng
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I am really not yelling at everyone, just trying to get MY point across to those that will NOT LISTEN.

Netminder
09-02-2012, 12:45 AM
:bdh:

ARtraveler
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I have to admit--you have sure made the evening interesting with all your comments. I still say you have taken the wrong tack by attacking one person after another that has not agreed with you. I guess I will be next.

Arr MiHardies
09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
You know, out of fairness, I went through and read the whole thread again (choosing to view the ignored posts) because something just wasn't sitting right. After doing so, I think everyone owes everyone an apology. I see in the OP that RRF wasn't asking for help. He was making a comment on something he was going to have to do to make the boards work for him using since his needs differed from that specified in the instructions. The first several posts were folks trying (though perhaps unnecessarily) to be helpful. RRFs first couple posts definitely come across as being irritated, but not as negative as it appeared the first time I read them. The first time I read it, it did appear as though rrf were seeking help. Then everything just snowballed after this and the **** just hit the fan:

I have asked what I can do to help and am more than willing to take them back and give a refund.

Just in case anyone cares, John, you did not offer me a refund or respond to my complaint!!!! If you say you did then YOU know what you are!

From what I read in John's post, it did not say he previously offered one (though he may or may not have), but it did say he is willing to give a refund. It seems the OP needs to heed his own advice and read the other posts as carefully as he is demanding others read his.

Like I said, after that the negativity from all sides just compounded after that, so let me be the first to apologize for my part.

RRF, You did say in your OP that they can be great floorboards.

These can be great boards

then go on to say

Also would be nice if the manufacturer would fix the problems that he knows he has with these boards!!!!
and

MAYBE YOU LIKE INFERIOR PRODUCTS! I DON'T!

Your opinion flip flopped completely over the course of 6 hours. If you feel the boards are so inferior, then I suggest you take up the offer of a refund. Installation in a manner inconsistent with the instructions is hardly a manufacturer defect, and in doing so, one should expect some extra, perhaps custom work to be needed.

I do hope you get this all worked out, and again, my apologies for my part.

rrfreng
09-02-2012, 01:23 AM
akspyderman-And you don't think I have been attacked either? You mentioned that I have disrespected some of the best and knowledgeable people on this forum and not getting off to a good start.
Have you read some of this crap? Do you really think some of these people know anything? You mentioned your help on your RT's, were you sent a fix for the rear support that rattles,
flexes and moves when it should not? Were you supplied shims to lift the front support so they did not hit the wings? Also to make the boards level? At least I told people how to fix these things.
I signed up on this forum to learn something and maybe offer advise to others on some products, I guess that was a BIG mistake. Have a good evening.

rrfreng
09-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Arr MiHardies-My opinion has never flip flopped, I said they can be great boards on my first post, but there are many people who cannot make their own parts to install these products. What are these people to do?
They may not be able to hire someone to modify the installation no matter how good the product is. If they cannot install it themselves, don't you think they deserve to know that?
If you purchase something that cannot be installed or used as advertised and must be altered to work, do you not consider this to be inferior??
I was never offered a refund and after 8+ hours of modifications, I will not be returning the Seal Floorboards. Have a good evening.

Arr MiHardies
09-02-2012, 03:10 AM
A few small points then I'm going to bed.

If they cannot install it themselves, don't you think they deserve to know that?
This is why installation instructions are available from the manufacturers website. If a customer doesn't research what is needed for an installation prior to purchase, the fault is their own.

If you purchase something that cannot be installed or used as advertised and must be altered to work, do you not consider this to be inferior??

Only if they do not perform as advertised when installed using the manufacturers documented procedures, in which case, I would consider seeking a refund depending on the severity of the shortcoming and whether I could work around it or have a way to make it work, like you did in your case. It would seem though that most are happy with their seal floorboards as is.

I was never offered a refund and after 8+ hours of modifications, I will not be returning the Seal Floorboards. Have a good evening.

Maybe not in your correspondence with John, but his offer of a refund is right here in this very thread; but since you state you will not be seeking one, the point is moot.

I hope the floorboards work out for you. Goodnight.

Bob Denman
09-02-2012, 06:53 AM
I wasn't commenting about John"s boards at all... I was only referring to a basic lack of common courtesy that I was seeing...

spyder3
09-02-2012, 08:37 AM
spyder3-There probably are many great people on this site but why should I start a new thread when they really need to know about about some of these products and if they should spend
$700 on something that may not work for them. I can afford much more than this but get upset when I am told by your "senior" members I have upset or disrespected(dissed?) them!
arntufun-YOU don't get it!!!!! I don't need your help!!! YOU are not listening!!! I was trying to inform others on how to make their purchase of an expensive item actually work on their bike! I guess YOU don't care about that!!!!
The posters were not trying to help because they and YOU were not reading what I SAID!!! You were just trying to discredit me because I was new and YOU know it all!!! GO BACK AND READ MY FIRST POST!
The next thing, YOU don't care about valid complaints????????? I hope everyone that is reading this will understand that you should not be trusted and never believe anything you say! I hope everyone goes back
You said you will never respond to me, can I take you at your word? I VERY MUCH DOUBT THAT!!!!! I think everyone knows hows much your word is worth!!!! Why would anyone trust your response?????
samewok- You are another person that obviously did not read all of my posts! You are right, I did not understand those instructions! On my first post THAT is what I said!!! Read the installation instructions!!!!
IF YOU NEED THE PASSENGER FOOTRESTS ALL THE WAY UP, YOU NEED TO MODIFY THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oldbaldguy I am happy I bought these, just upset with the mods I had to do and those that think they have all the answers and can't take any constructive criticism.

I am sure there are many that see my point but you probably should not make your feelings known on this site because you will not be respected for it!!!

If the moderator does not like the way I have responded or have offered advise, then please take me off. Then everyone will know how much this site values FREE SPEECH.

RR, I was by no means telling you to start a new thread to dodge the issue you are having. Not everyone here loves every mod that every vendor puts out here. Sharing your experience is a good thing whether its good or bad for all of us including the vendor. I would just say that the approach that EVERYONE took could have been better and it just snowballed into a big pile of :cus:.

Buttsy
09-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Hey folks..........I will always frequent this site as it is a great resource from many knowlegable folks about the Spyder and the trials and tribulations of ownership.

But........the one thing consistently that occurs that I just don't get is the need to attack someone who articulates a struggle with "one of the supporting vendors". The actual supporting vendors are able to defend and assist the poster's with little difficulty, yet many feel they have to attack to show support to the "vendors". So.............why do folks find it neccessary to attack for them? Just back off and let them take care of their own problems they for the most part didn't get to be where they are without knowing how to deal with several types of customers, both positive and negative.

Same goes for the poster who posts negative experiences or negative thoughts when it comes to Spyder ownership. Sorry but we all know these things are not perfect and BRP has a lot of work to do with quality and dealer issues. But inevitably the poster gets attacked when they state something that has been discussed many, many times? These posters are not telling you that you are an idiot for having bought a Spyder but again several folks on here treat it as a personal attack?

IMHO read the original post from this new member..............should it really have gotten to where it went? But when someone gets attacked sometimes they fight back and then the original intent of the post is totally lost?

I don't know just seems to put a "dark cloud" consistently over an incredible site?:dontknow:

brodyson
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Lamont must be cringing at this thread. There is definately enough blame to go around. People need to reign in their emotions and think about some of words being written. I didn't see a need for an attack on the op. Some opinions on installation or advice on the matter would have been appropriate.
And the op could have been a little more diplomatic on his responses!

Netminder
09-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Lamont must be cringing at this thread. There is definately enough blame to go around. People need to reign in their emotions and think about some of words being written. I didn't see a need for an attack on the op. Some opinions on installation or advice on the matter would have been appropriate.
And the op could have been a little more diplomatic on his responses!
:agree:

samewok
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM

If the moderator does not like the way I have responded or have offered advise, then please take me off. Then everyone will know how much this site values FREE SPEECH.I did read all of your post. I asked did you read the instuctions on line before you bought the product?

donec
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
These can be great boards but read the install instructions carefully. I have a 2012 Limited and they do not fit that great. If you need to raise the passengers footrests then you will have to make your own support to hold the rear bracket solid. These rear brackets are made to have the passenger footrests down all the way to make the rear bracket solid. Also just discovered that I will have to put risers underneath the front supports to keep them off the wings under the front part of the floorboards. Any pressure at all on the the top front of the boards hits the wings. It has turned a 30-45 minute job into 8 hours.There is nothing IMO wrong or improper about the OP's post as I have quoted it. In my openion that post is polite informative and possibly helpful to someone. The only thing that could have possibly been done differently is Rrfreng could have added that the post was his opinion which should have not been necessary since it is obvious. IMO.

ARtraveler
09-02-2012, 02:52 PM
My experience with Seal. First set ordered for my 2010. These were the deluxe version. I am not mechanically inclined so followed directions per John. I did move the passenger foot pad down to the bottom and they work fine for me there. The fit was perfect and there was no problem with rattleing or moving around once the screws were tightened down. I did have some concern about the brake pedal bottoming out. John has made two fixes on these. First there were nuts to go under the brake pedal then a new shim to raise the pedal and alleviate the problem. John sent me the nuts free of charge. When the brake pedal shim fix was available, I bought two sets--one for each RT. My install time on the first set was about 30 minutes.

My second experience was when I bought Seal Pups for the new 2011. Once again, I moved the passenger footrests down per directions. Fit was again perfect for the :ani29:. These came with the brake pedal nut shims--but I later ordered the aluminum shims when they came out. My install time on the second set was about 15 minutes. I now have ten thousand miles on the first set and four thousand miles on the second set. I have no complaints about either set.

I think that it is a good product and they have allowed me to continue to ride with my bum legs and hips--giving me room to move them around as needed for comfort.

John mentioned he has sold over 500 sets without any major problems. I do believe he will work with you so that you are satisfied and if not--it now seems that the offer has been made to allow you to return the product. Either way, you should be able to come up with a resolution to the problem.

Arthur---Mexico
09-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Don't sweat it. Clean the contact surfaces well and use Crazy Glue or a little of that Gorilla stuff to secure them. No more sliding.

when i ordered mine.

spacetrucker
09-03-2012, 12:02 AM
10-4 call John and all will fixed. Really thing will work out just call and talk to him. Ride safe and be well all on the road........

tnhoover
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I used a bolt with 3 small washers and one large washer on the outside along with a small washer, lock washer and nut on the inside. Hardest part was cutting the side of the large outside washer flat. Don't have a grinder so had to use a hacksaw. Did the right side with the tupperware off only because I had it off for something else. Did the left with the tupperware on with no problem. Little bit of a pain to get my fingers up in past the muffler on the right to put on the washers and start the nut but doable. Left side was real easy. Whole thing to less that 30 minutes. Works for me because the wife is short so I have the passenger floor pegs up high. May not work as well if you need them lower.

spydaman60
09-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

john, i guess that means you're shooting about 99.25% and that's not too shabby! i'd take that for a satisfied customer average!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Arr MiHardies
09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I rather doubt rr is coming back, and honestly I can't blame him.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

arntufun
09-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I rather doubt rr is coming back, and honestly I can't blame him.

You were kind of hard on him Arr !!!!!!! :coffee:

Arr MiHardies
09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
You were kind of hard on him Arr !!!!!!! :coffee:

I wasn't the only one.
Though I do think I am still the only one to apologize and at least tried to take a more neutral stance.

Cruzr Joe
09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Was that a wide stance? (sorry that just slipped out)

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

boborgera
09-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Just an observation;:dontknow:

I've noticed in the last 6 mounts or so, If Someone posts a complaint or a perceived complaint, It would help if that someone posts a few jokes or other posts similar to Face Book nonsense to build up their post count so as not to be criticize for being a complainer with a low post count, I mean we all know lately the higher the count the more of an expert you become. [no new rope]

Bob Denman
09-03-2012, 05:21 PM
;)
I only objected to a basic lack of manners... This is a pretty darn friendly and upbeat place. If somebody has a gripe; (and I've had mine), they should feel free to bring them up.
"Tact " is the art of telling somebody to go to Hell, and having them look forward to the trip...
Tact can go a long way is making a discussion productive.

Blue Star
09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I did not post anything because I knew I could not help the OP. I do have one complaint about the Seal floorboard, but it is not John's fault that I can not afford a set :D

Maybe someday :pray:

jScotD
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
they look nice wish i had seen these before I bought the others.... same price there abouts

mayorray
09-07-2012, 05:03 PM
I just installed my Seal FloorBoards and it was a piece of cake. Instructions were easy to follow and they look great. I'm a big boy and they feel solid underfoot. Looking forward to my next road trip. John Anderson told me not to worry when I ordered them, that they would be here in plenty of time and they were. Love it when online shopping works the way it should! Thanks John!

MAYORRAY:yes: