PDA

View Full Version : Just got the call I've been waiting for.

Lamonster
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
My dealer got 4 yellow Spyders in. :doorag: I bad news is my buddy ordered a silver one and didn't want to pay the extra for a yellow one. ::) So now he's calling them to see what he can work out. I may be driving down there and just bringing one home. It would sure be nice to pick them both up in one trip.

GaSpyderRider
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Lamont
I will take his yellow one if he wants me to.
Billy

TJ_Spyder
12-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Lamont,
I talked to Frank right after you did. Looks like I'm 2 or 3 down the list from today's delivery. Should be next delivery if all goes right...I ordered a silver also.

Lamonster
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Lamont,
I talked to Frank right after you did. Looks like I'm 2 or 3 down the list from today's delivery. Should be next delivery if all goes right...I ordered a silver also.

well he told Ron that he won't be getting any more till March. :( Hope he's wrong.

Lamonster
12-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Looks like I'm going to fly down to Tampa next Thursday and ride the Spyder back. It will be a 700+ mile trip. :doorag: Hope it's not too cold. ::)

barb36jack31
12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm about 150 miles north of Tampa and it is wall to wall sunshine and high 70's for temp. Have a safe trip!

draboo
12-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Good news. Hope you can pick em both up. :congrats:

I m still here in the Seattle area. My Spyder is sitting in the garage in Michigan awaiting my return next week for its maiden(in the snow) voyage. ;D

TJ_Spyder
12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
well he told Ron that he won't be getting any more till March. :( Hope he's wrong.

Wow...He didn't tell me that. Bummer. I hope he's wrong too.
:edit:

Lamonster
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Left that part out did he? ;D

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
... bad news is my buddy ordered a silver one and didn't want to pay the extra for a yellow one.

Could be that it wasn't so much the money as it was the idea of paying more for a color he didn't want. ;D

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 05:19 PM

It appears that a lot of us are hoping the dealers are wrong. I don't think it's too much to expect, they've been wrong about deliveries so far. Now that they're telling me nothing more until March I'm hoping they'll be wrong again.

Plus, I figure why deliver these to Canada, Michigan, etc., You can't ride them till at least March anyway. Why not send them to Florida where they can do some good? I'm sure Can-Am has much smarter people working for them than me so I'll bet they can figure this out too.

Just my perspective but I think it's a good one...but then I would, wouldn't I... ;D

bjt
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Plus, I figure why deliver these to Canada, Michigan, etc., You can't ride them till at least March anyway. Why not send them to Florida where they can do some good? I'm sure Can-Am has much smarter people working for them than me so I'll bet they can figure this out too.

Just my perspective but I think it's a good one...but then I would, wouldn't I... ;D

Maybe you missed out on the early November posts when people in Canada, New York, Michigan, etc. were complaining that BRP was shipping all the way to Florida and California where they can ride year round and waiting until late November and December to ship to the northern areas. Seems like they got that part of their plan backwords. Coulda delivered to the north first and let those folks get about a month of ride time before the snow and then been shipping pretty steady to the south now when the northerners don't care.

Lamonster
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
:hot: :2excited: :nojoke:

araneae
12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
:congrats:

Enjoy the ride home.

smokster
12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Maybe you missed out on the early November posts when people in Canada, New York, Michigan, etc. were complaining that BRP was shipping all the way to Florida and California where they can ride year round and waiting until late November and December to ship to the northern areas. Seems like they got that part of their plan backwords. Coulda delivered to the north first and let those folks get about a month of ride time before the snow and then been shipping pretty steady to the south now when the northerners don't care.

Less warranty issues for anyone in the north, cant breakdown if it sits idle...just a thought