PDA

View Full Version : Happy new ryder

CentralCoastCA
08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Just picked up my 2008 Spyder this week and now own my very first bike. Took my first back seat ride with hubby and absolutely loved it. We will take a few more rides together so I can get accustomed to the Spyder and then I'll move to the front seat. With the physical impairments that I have, this bike is a dream come true for us!

Yazz
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
:welcome: Congrats on the Spyder. When you move to the front seat, the real fun begins! :yes:

Derk
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
congrats on your spyder. This is my first bike also, and I've loved every 38,000 miles of it. Enjoy and ride safe.

ThreeFeet
08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
:congrats::welcome: Your gona have lotsa FUN!!! And for any questions THIS is THE site to get answers. You'll also get a lot of laughs. Enjoy your ryde!!!:clap::2thumbs:

Daisyjoe
08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Being a rider on a Spyder is really kind of neat :yes:

Being the driver of a Spyder can't be beat:bowdown: Congratulations!!

Rar
08-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Another first time biker here too. Can't wait to here of your first riding experiences

:welcome::congrats: :yes:

grumpybob
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
:welcome: Congrats and ryde on.

btcherm
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Congrats on the Spyder:yes:you'll have so much fun,:ohyea:and welcome to the family:bowdown::yes:

ARtraveler
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

Netminder
08-31-2012, 03:08 PM
:congrats:On the :spyder2:! Enjoy the ride!

GloryRyders
09-01-2012, 05:57 AM
:congrats: and :welcome: to the "web".

Ivorspyder
09-01-2012, 06:42 AM
:congrats:On your new Ryde.Wishing you lots of enjoyment with it.
Ivor:spyder:

fjcady
09-01-2012, 07:52 AM
My wife and I also 2 months ago got a 2008 gs and we ride everyweekend, she wouldnt ride with me on a motorcycle so we bought a spyder and love it, hope some day well see you riding:yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::f_spider::congr ats:

CentralCoastCA
09-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Went for our second ride last night that was 120 miles and it was a perfect California coastal early evening weather (except for the wind coming home at night). Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and I look forward to learning a lot about my Spyder here. :)

Barbara

harrypottar
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
:congrats::welcome:

harry

AbNormy
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
:thumbup: Congrats and welcome to the club!

Blue Star
09-01-2012, 08:03 PM
:welcome: and enjoy the ride, and be safe.

CyncySpyder
09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

:yes:The Spyder is Teddy's first byke as well & we're now on his 2nd RT-S:yes:

:clap::yes:And we really are enjoy'n the ryde:yes::clap:

:cheers:Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy 'his':rolleyes:;):cheers:

:thumbup:When you get time, make sure to post a pic for all of us:thumbup:

Also, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to some really useful information for any and all
NEW Spyder Owners:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

FaranH
09-01-2012, 09:56 PM
So glad you're here!:welcome:

You'll have a great time learning to ride. Enjoy!:D

Tl440
09-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the community. You have the right machine to ride in an outstanding part of the country.

Jharpo
09-02-2012, 01:47 PM
If you don't get hubby out of the drivers seat soon, you will never get to drive the bike. Just have hubby take you to an empty parking lot and practice going around in a oval. Read the forum thread that Cincy sent you. It's other best I've ever seen and follow the exercises in the manual.
you'll be amazed how quickly you'll feel confidant. Go at your own pace, but riding on the back teaches you very little. Actually it's scarier back there than in the saddle. Trust me. Been there, done that.

bruisersbaby
09-02-2012, 08:24 PM
If you don't get hubby out of the drivers seat soon, you will never get to drive the bike. Just have hubby take you to an empty parking lot and practice going around in a oval. Read the forum thread that Cincy sent you. It's other best I've ever seen and follow the exercises in the manual.
you'll be amazed how quickly you'll feel confidant. Go at your own pace, but riding on the back teaches you very little. Actually it's scarier back there than in the saddle. Trust me. Been there, done that.

Welcome and enjoy every mile! This is how I started, sitting back seat. I did enjoy it, and then Bruiser asked me if I wanted to learn how to ride. This is what we did, and as I've never ridden anything before, I am absolutely loving it. Our 2010 RT-S is now mine, and he traded in his Vulcan for a 2012. Life is good!

d.o.spyder-rts
09-03-2012, 01:16 AM
:congrats: on your spyder purchase and :welcome:to the family. Dale

CentralCoastCA
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks to everyone, especially Cyncy, for the new Ryder tips. I've been reading and passing along the info to hubby, who is a long time 2 wheel rider and the family mechanic. Watching the RPM's and foot placement to avoid brake issues have been really helpful advice.

TheSarge
09-03-2012, 11:53 PM
:clap:Congrats, however the sooner you get on the driver seat the better. I just got my spyder in June and started riding around the neighborhood, then back roads and moved on to the interstate. I traded in my 2 wheel for the sypder due to I injuries incurred in the Army, and do not regret it at all; I have put in 3300 miles already. I feel very confident riding around. So try at your own pace, in a parking lot early morning, then around the hood, and so on. Have fun.

Just picked up my 2008 Spyder this week and now own my very first bike. Took my first back seat ride with hubby and absolutely loved it. We will take a few more rides together so I can get accustomed to the Spyder and then I'll move to the front seat. With the physical impairments that I have, this bike is a dream come true for us!

RydeOn3Wyfe
09-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks to everyone, especially Cyncy, for the new Ryder tips. I've been reading and passing along the info to hubby, who is a long time 2 wheel rider and the family mechanic. Watching the RPM's and foot placement to avoid brake issues have been really helpful advice.

MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF ALSO FIRST TIME RYDERS:ani29:. OUR AGREEMENT IS WHO EVER DRIVE'S TO SOME PLACE THE OTHER ONE DRIVES HOME:yes:. IT HAS KEPT BOTH OF US ;)HAPPY (ESPECIALLY ME)
LOVE RYDING MORE THAN I THOUGHT.
WELCOME TO THE BEST INFORMATIONAL SITE

Rar
09-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I agree with those who suggest getting into the driver's seat as soon as possible. The parking lot exercises are excellent. I think you will feel better and safer as a driver rather than a passenger. I know I do.

Keep us posted. :spyder2:

dick574
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
:congrats: welcome, welcome. Ride safe.

SpyderSue
09-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the fun! :yes:

If you are on Facebook, join us girls on the "girls on spyders page". Wonderful women on the site, and we can talk freely about 'girly stuff'!

Spydee8
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
:welcome: Congrats on your new ryde!!

Dee

shannonnichols
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I purchased my 2008 SM5 GS spyder a few weeks ago. This is my first bike. I now have my permit and will be getting fully licensed very soon. I am so excited to be able to go whenever I want and not have to wait for my husband (I love riding with him but he works shift work so is hard to get the same days off). I haven’t made it to the open road yet but soon. I’m getting very used to riding in town but time to get out and really ride. Im looking forward to finding women in the area that have Spyders or any kind of bike to ride with. I love the Spyder and it was the perfect choice for me!:yes:

CentralCoastCA
09-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I purchased my 2008 SM5 GS spyder a few weeks ago. This is my first bike. I now have my permit and will be getting fully licensed very soon. I am so excited to be able to go whenever I want and not have to wait for my husband (I love riding with him but he works shift work so is hard to get the same days off). I haven’t made it to the open road yet but soon. I’m getting very used to riding in town but time to get out and really ride. Im looking forward to finding women in the area that have Spyders or any kind of bike to ride with. I love the Spyder and it was the perfect choice for me!:yes:

Congrats! Be sure to join the Facebook page, "Girls on Spyders" and you may find other Ryder's in your area. :D:welcome:

trafick
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Enjoy the rYde!!

Paula(Butch2025)
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
:welcome: Hope you continue to enjoy your Spyder and move up to the front seat and start running it yourself - if it feels great on the back just wait til you are in control - it's wonderful!
--Paula