PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Victory?

Dragonrider
08-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Thinking about going back to two. I saw a Victory Cross Tour in white that really rang my bell. Got any Victory experiences to share?? Good or bad.

Thanx

Ga Blue Knight
08-30-2012, 09:34 PM
The president of my Motorcycle Club has one. Has had some electrical issues and now his gas gauge died and it has to go to the shop Friday. Parts are a little hard to get and take a while to come in.

budsspuds
08-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Had two a 2002 TCD and a 2003 CC

put 45000 miles on the TCD a few issues when new , electric in nature , fixed and ran trouble free for 10 years.

I have nothing but good things to say . I put lots of extras in and on it . We enjoyed them both and only traded them because we wanted 3 wheels and quiet exhaust pipes .

The maint on them is simple change the oil , change tires as needed and that is pretty much it .
And changing the oil is easy .
I do miss the Vic's and their V twin motors , if I ever go back to two wheels it will be a Vic

They are running rebates and stuff for the Vic's now is a good time to buy .

joe schmoe
08-31-2012, 06:12 AM
I have a 2009 Victory Vision. I have got over 44,000 miles of nothing but pure fun. One of my friends has a 2011 CCT and he has over 12,000 miles. They are sweet rides. If you want to add power you can put a set of cams, a fueler and a high flow air filter and see about a 27 or 28 % increase in power...

No problems to speak of, other than dealer induced stupidity. But Victory issues would be NONE!! Basic maintenance is a piece of cake, oil change takes 30 minutes and that includes clean up and being ready to ride again...It is so easy! :yes:

Has been the best ride I have ever owned!!!! If you want more info shoot me a PM.

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 07:02 AM
No... But I did stay at a Holiday Inn once! :roflblack:
(Sorry! :opps:)

harrypottar
08-31-2012, 08:37 AM
A very long time ago, I once won an argument with my wife (maybe she let me win), I class that as a major Victory.

I took a vision for a test ride when I was looking to trade my Goldwing and didn't like it. The eight ball looks like a nice local small two wheeler to run around on.

harry

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
I once won an arugment with my Missus...
In a dream that I had! :shocked:

btcherm
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
ever wonder why victory stop making there 3 wheel ?:ani29::ani29: that why

boborgera
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
ever wonder why victory stop making there 3 wheel ?:ani29::ani29: that why

Nope, They were made by Leaman as were the Tri Glide. There were a lot of problems subcontracting them out..
The Tri is now made in the Harley plant in York PA,
And Victory is going to start making them at their plant soon, I just hope for them they dump the Jetsons look.

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
And Lehmann is, I believe, out of business... :shocked:

btcherm
08-31-2012, 09:35 AM
and now we know the hole story:2thumbs:

boborgera
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM

Yes and no The owner and founder pasted a while ago, Then they went Chapter 11?,
The-are out of bankruptcy now :dontknow: But with out Victory and Harley who knows if they can hang in.??

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 11:01 AM
As much as I hate to say it... you might as well stick a fork in them; they're done! :shocked:
That's a real shame too! They came out with some pretty nice stuff.

boborgera
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
As much as I hate to say it... you might as well stick a fork in them; they're done! :shocked:
That's a real shame too! They came out with some pretty nice stuff.

You never know, They did a big business in conversions, Mainly Gold wings.
Besides who wouldn't want to say when someone asks where was that made,
It was made in; Spearfish Montana.:yes:

dliszews
08-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Test rode and almost bought a Vegas 8-Ball(still might). Really liked the ride,
but the look of the v-twin just did not sit right. Would suggest stalking their
forum.

ARtraveler
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I came real close to buying a Victory--Cross County?--the one with saddlebags less the space cadet travel trunk. Seat height was pretty good for me at 26", but I could not heft the bike from kickstand to upright without hurting my back and hips. The trade in (Vulcan 900 LT) was parked outside the dealers door and I was ready to pull the trigger. Since that did not work well for me, I ended up buying the second :spyder2:. New, 2011 RT A & C. The trade in of the Vulcan marked the end of my two wheeling days. PS. This was a Honda, Victory, Ducati dealer and I sat on quite a few bikes before making my final decision. I could have had the GW loaded for the same price as I ended up paying for the new :spyder2:. No buyers remorse here--but yes, I was looking at other flavors.

bruiser
08-31-2012, 05:20 PM
I would have a Victory in a split second if I were a rich man. It would be a Cross Roads. Don't like the looks of the Vision either. One of my riding buds has a 2012 Cross Roads Tour. Great bike. Traded his 2010 Harley on it. We were at the dealer yesterday getting Bruisesbaby's RT after tire change. They had just unboxed a 2013 Cross Roads in anti freeze green, with dark green flames, new 2013 color. They told me I had to move so they could clean the drool off the bike. :chill:. Went back today to get some oil and it was gone :yikes: :opps:. Good thing though or I'd be under the dog house. :helpsmilie:

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
It's just like peanuts; awful tough to stop, once you get going! :roflblack:

Alberts46
08-31-2012, 07:29 PM
I have had two Victory Visions, still have a 10th Anniversary Edition, no problems with either one. I think it is the best handling bagger ever made. I also have a Victory Jackpot, also no problems. I would probably never go back to HD after riding my Victory's. I also love my Can Am, something really different.

Ga Blue Knight
08-31-2012, 08:01 PM

Actually, they are back with limited production for 2012 and hope to be back in strength for 2014. Stay tuned.

Dragonrider
09-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes, Lehman is back, with an interesting Victory conversion (albeit $34K)...

Did a test ride on a CCT and Vision yesterday. The CCT is the CC with the top case - which can be removed in less than 60 seconds. The Vision is $1K cheaper, has more farkles, and is probably the best balanced bike I have ever seen. That said, the CCT is still calling me. We'll see what the future brings.

TicketBait
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
My brother picked up a Victory Hammer 8 ball just before I went out to Spyderfest this year. He loves it so much he has decided to get their Cross Country Tourer (the old fashioned looking one) hopefully by the time I come out to Texas again next year. We went riding together and had a blast.
Good choice Dragonrider:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Actually, they are back with limited production for 2012 and hope to be back in strength for 2014. Stay tuned.
We here's to hoping that they come back stronger than ever! :cheers:
:thumbup:

arntufun
09-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I had a Victory once. Holly said a tomato was a vegetable, I said it was a fruit !!!!!!!!! Or did I ?????? :shocked:

Bob Denman
09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
That would have been in a dream that you once had... :shocked:
The only victories that us guys ever get in a marriage, is that we get to die first usually; peace at last! :shocked: