PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Yellow Spyder and Now Selling in Northern CA?

MetroAsian
12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I am looking for a gentleman in the Northern CA area who bought a yellow spyder but now is looking to sell it because he hurt his back and found the spyder to be uncomfortable to ride on. The dealer I went to said you were more comfortable riding on a Harley.

The reason I am looking for you is because the dealer wants to be the middleman and try to sell your Spyder to me and most likely keeping your $4,000 "delivery fee" and profiting off it before the store processes your paperwork to the DMV so he can make me buy yours and charge me a $4,000 delivery fee and make money off me as well. I'm pretty sure this tactic is also illegal but I'm not suprised by it.

If you are that individual out there please contact me!!! Perhaps I can buy it off of you directly

LittleJohn
12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I am looking for a gentleman in the Northern CA area who bought a yellow spyder but now is looking to sell it because he hurt his back and found the spyder to be uncomfortable to ride on. The dealer I went to said you were more comfortable riding on a Harley.

The reason I am looking for you is because the dealer wants to be the middleman and try to sell your Spyder to me and most likely keeping your $4,000 "delivery fee" and profiting off it before the store processes your paperwork to the DMV so he can make me buy yours and charge me a $4,000 delivery fee and make money off me as well. I'm pretty sure this tactic is also illegal but I'm not suprised by it.

If you are that individual out there please contact me!!! Perhaps I can buy it off of you directly

I would tell the dealership you would be happy to not report them to the BBB and / or the police for (and use these words) deceptive trade practices. In return, you could offer a modest finders fee of a couple hundred if they would hook you up with him. Either way you do it, if you buy from him the dealer will need to file that paperwork so that it can be registered and sold legally. Otherwise, they are not only keeping his downpayment, but his state taxes as well.
Sad

MetroAsian
12-14-2007, 01:28 AM
So I'm back....

This time I am a Spyder Owner as of today. :bigthumbsup: I think I set the record of being the youngest at 25? Any other young rider out there?

I went back to the same dealer only because they dropped the price to $17,300 Out the Door from their original 22,000 offer. I think they knew what they were doing was wrong. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area so tax is 8.25% out here. I think I got a pretty darn good deal. I also only waited three weeks to get this thing and didn't even put a non-refundable deposit down. I also own #135, one of the earlier ones rolled out and got my free jacket to go along with it.

Additionally, I bought all of the following for an extra 3,500:
-2 Year pre-paid Maintainance contract for my service through the dealership. No cost to me for tune ups, oil changes, etc
-Low Jack Installed
-Extended 4 year warranty to supplement the 2 year warranty from the factory.
-Custom marine speakers installed for an iPod hook-up.
-10% off the newly released Scorpion EXO1000 Helmet
-10% off Joe Rocket Alter Ego Textile Bike Pants

Total Price of my purchase:
$20,921

What do you guys think?

Way2Fast
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Your dealer is definitely operating deeply in the "black" zone !

Congradulations on your new Spyder....it's only money !

Spyderman
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
When I was that age, I spent that kinda money on strippers. Lots of luck with your new ride.

joet
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
So I'm back....

This time I am a Spyder Owner as of today. :bigthumbsup: I think I set the record of being the youngest at 25? Any other young rider out there?

I went back to the same dealer only because they dropped the price to $17,300 Out the Door from their original 22,000 offer. I think they knew what they were doing was wrong. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area so tax is 8.25% out here. I think I got a pretty darn good deal. I also only waited three weeks to get this thing and didn't even put a non-refundable deposit down. I also own #135, one of the earlier ones rolled out and got my free jacket to go along with it.

Additionally, I bought all of the following for an extra 3,500:
nice going! you are covered for a while, enjoy the ride!
-2 Year pre-paid Maintainance contract for my service through the dealership. No cost to me for tune ups, oil changes, etc
-Low Jack Installed
-Extended 4 year warranty to supplement the 2 year warranty from the factory.
-Custom marine speakers installed for an iPod hook-up.
-10% off the newly released Scorpion EXO1000 Helmet
-10% off Joe Rocket Alter Ego Textile Bike Pants

Total Price of my purchase:
$20,921

What do you guys think?

Director
12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Congratulations! :congrats: Sounds to me like a good deal all-in-all. As far as the age thing goes, you are the same age as my oldest son, so I don't think I qualify as a young rider anymore. :(
Enjoy that yellow Spyder. When I order one, that will be my choice as well. :bigthumbsup:

MetroAsian
12-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Haha! Thanks for all the love here on the forum. I can't wait to pick this thing up once the lojack and my speakers are installed.

Hey Spyderman, you don't need to spend 20G's on strippers...just come out to California and ride down Santana Row in San Jose in your Spyder and pick up all the free-loving ladies you want to ride along back! :2excited:

Helevitia
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey MetroAsian,

Congrats on your new Spyder :) I too live in the Bay Area. I work off of Tasman in San Jose. What dealership did you deal with? I've been talking with EastBay Motorsports. Be sure and post pictures of your new ride, especially the speakers and ipod dock. Thanks!

MetroAsian
12-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi Helevitica. Are you an owner of a spyder yet? Thanks for the :congrats:

I also PM'ed you. It's about East Bay Motorsports. Don't want to air dirty laundry but anyone else is welcome to ask.

Helevitia
12-17-2007, 10:27 PM
got your PM :bigthumbsup: Thanks for getting back with me.