PDA

View Full Version : OOPPSS moment

smurfette
08-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Just thought I'd share a giggle for the day. I was waiting in a bit of traffic on my way to work yesterday, and the way a car pulled up beside me, I knew they wanted to ask some questions about my ryde. He asked how I liked the :spyder2:, and of course, I was only too happy to answer his questions. Ahhh the rock star treatment! Anyway, he asked how it handled on the highway, and just as I started to reply, She LOVES to cruise at about 75mph, I realized that he was a state police officer!!!!:opps: Just in the nick of time, I caught myself, and was able to say " She loves cruising at highway speeds" instead! :roflblack: When I got to work a few minutes later, I realized that the song playing on the radio was " I shot the sherriff" Anyone else have a "giggle" of the day?

Bob Denman
08-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the chuckle! :roflblack:
Would that have been considered "rolling criminal intent" in your State? :shocked:

btcherm
08-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the chuckle! :yes:

Cruzr Joe
08-30-2012, 08:48 AM
That was funny, that Cop now has your # and will be watching for you when you are doing your " Highway Speeds" :lecturef_smilie:

Joe

Tomite
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
:roflblack: Oh how funny.

Bob Denman
08-30-2012, 10:52 AM
The inadvertent background music just completes the entire story! :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qLYy6hiFQ

boborgera
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I think i posted this once before, A few years ago i was stopped for speeding, When the officer came up to me i started to argue with him, I kept on saying why are you stopping me I'm only going 50mph [5 over], After he listened to me he said, The speed limit it 35mph. OUCH, I though it was 45mph, Never got the ticket.
Sometimes stupidity with a little bit of honesty Thrown in helps.

ARtraveler
08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
That was a funny incident. Thank you for sharing. :yes::yes:

bruiser
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
:shocked: :roflblack:

btcherm
08-31-2012, 04:35 AM
:2thumbs::yes::yes::yes::popcorn:

Grandpa Spyder
08-31-2012, 05:29 AM
The Red Knights and I were on a ride when we stopped at a MC accident to assist. So we all pulled are bikes over along side the road out of traffic. Well several NC state police showed up and one was a Sargent. The Sargent came up and said who is operating that front bike. Well the front bike was me and I was ryding my Spyder. So I said that would be me. So he said come with me. When we got up to my Spyder and he wanted to know all about it. He loved it.

dannymax
08-31-2012, 06:08 AM
Just thought I'd share a giggle for the day. I was waiting in a bit of traffic on my way to work yesterday, and the way a car pulled up beside me, I knew they wanted to ask some questions about my ryde. He asked how I liked the :spyder2:, and of course, I was only too happy to answer his questions. Ahhh the rock star treatment! Anyway, he asked how it handled on the highway, and just as I started to reply, She LOVES to cruise at about 75mph, I realized that he was a state police officer!!!!:opps: Just in the nick of time, I caught myself, and was able to say " She loves cruising at highway speeds" instead! :roflblack: When I got to work a few minutes later, I realized that the song playing on the radio was " I shot the sherriff" Anyone else have a "giggle" of the day?

That's a good one!! :roflblack: Bet it made his day too. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
March 18, 1985 3 A.M. in the morning going through a little town in Arkansas, straight road with a small road crossing it, 4 way stop sign, no traffic, I slow down at the stop sign and continue on, BLUE LIGHTS pull me over, conversation goes something like this

Me: Why are you pulling me over officer
Officer: You failed to stop at the stop sign
Me: there was no other traffic around can you show me the difference between stopping and slowing down?

(new conversation as officer is hitting me over the head with nightstick)

Officer: Do you want me to stop or just slow down.

I now know the difference :banghead:

dannymax
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Many years ago I was working nights at a small machine shop in Newark Del., in order to get back where I lived in New Castle I had to go thru an unmaned $.25 toll. I went around that cloverleaf night after night, pitch black dark, not a soul around nor a light of any sort except on the toll basket, throwing a quarter in thinking....'this is a complete waste of 25 cents if I even saw one!

So one very dark, foggy night I decided to drive thru the damn thing....which I did! Not 25 feet from the toll station all kinds of flashing lights, bright headlights and a yelp....yelp from the siren start happening about 4 feet off my rear bumper! What the hell.....:yikes: Where did he come from? So I stopped and rolled down the window....out of the fog this face..under a hat..slides up to the window, he stares at me for a few seconds, wags his finger...:lecturef_smilie: and says in a real deep voice..."you didn't put a quarter in the basket.....ALWAYS put a quarter in the basket!" Then he sort of slides back into the fog, the lights went out and it was pitch black again. :shocked:

I was totally spooked....did that even happen? I think so. Did I ever not pay the quarter again?....No way! I sure wasn't gonna chance running into THAT dude again!!

Bob Denman
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
March 18, 1985 3 A.M. in the morning going through a little town in Arkansas, straight road with a small road crossing it, 4 way stop sign, no traffic, I slow down at the stop sign and continue on, BLUE LIGHTS pull me over, conversation goes something like this

Me: Why are you pulling me over officer
Officer: You failed to stop at the stop sign
Me: there was no other traffic around can you show me the difference between stopping and slowing down?

(new conversation as officer is hitting me over the head with nightstick)

Officer: Do you want me to stop or just slow down.

I now know the difference :banghead:

That's a pretty good way of explaining things; you even remember the date of this lesson to this day! :shocked: :thumbup: