PDA

View Full Version : Emissions can

Cruzr Joe
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a limited knowledge of the emissions can, i know that excess gas will flow into it. That is the extent of my knowledge on this subject but am curious as to how do you know if there is gas in it and what can or should you do about it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

NancysToy
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I have a limited knowledge of the emissions can, i know that excess gas will flow into it. That is the extent of my knowledge on this subject but am curious as to how do you know if there is gas in it and what can or should you do about it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
The most common symptom is a strong gas smell when parked in a small garage. Eventually the gas will evaporate through the atmospheric vent or through the intake, but the emissions canister will no longer be functional for reducing air emissions. The only cure is to replace the canister. Unfortunately, Spyders just don't take well to overfilling the fuel. The gas tank vent does not loop high enough, and the tip-over valve does not act as an overfill valve well. The best cure is to avoid overfilling and fast filling. Fill slowly, and quit as soon as gas starts to spit back through the "no-lead" baffle slots.