PDA

View Full Version : Chewing the Fat (Ex-winger and Olddog)

OldDog
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
My thanks to John (Ex winger) for letting me ride his RT-S. As we were getting better acquainted we swapped biker stories and began to talk about our common interest in Spyderlovers. He was preparing to take his machine in to have his radio replaced. It was draining the battery. As a matter of fact he had to put it on the battery tender before I could ride it. He told me he had to go round and around with the dealer to get the issue resolved.

I thoroughly enjoyed riding the RT-S. I have been a Spyder lover for a couple of years now, but still don't have one for reasons not all concerning cost. We both agreed that the prevailing issue to this day is the difference between the good dealers who set the bar for service after the sale, proper setup standards, and the deal breaker, bad customer service. The story of BR1 in Texas is sad. Having been on here for a couple of years, I've read examples of exemplary service and non existent service. Granted, I don't have the personal experience that owners have, but I have read way too many stories of waiting all riding season for something to get fixed. This thread should not be construed as a rant but rather as an honest observation. The question is, how does BRP improve on such things as Dealer setup standards, warranty resolution issues, and timely parts turn around.

This machine is remarkable, and a lot of fun. To be the absolute best of the best, BRP must raise its quality standards. I know BRP reads this forum. Many good suggestions and ideas for improvement have come from Spyderlovers. BRP are you listening?