PDA

View Full Version : Heat problem with 2012 Can-am Spyder RT Ltd

AZCowboy
08-27-2012, 05:24 PM
My wife now has a nice scar from the heat on the Can-am Spyder RT LTD. I have put on heat sheilds and that has helped with the heat coming up from below but still have a heat problem from the fan. I took off the splash sheild on the bottom right but still a lot of heat. I made a heat sheild that blocked 3/4 of the upper opening but then got a lot of heat from under the bike. It is just a bad design by Can-am. When it burnt my wifes leg she was wearing heavy motorcycle boots and jeans. The heat came right up the jeans on both legs but burnt the right leg bad. She also got heat stroke from it. Sent letters to Can-am Spyder twice but no answer as of yet which shows me that they really don't care about there customers and found out that this has been going on long before I got my 2012 Can-am Spyder RT LTD. I get a check engine light when it is over 110 on there gage which is very annoying but they still haven't put a up grade out in there software as of yet either. Other then that I enjoy the bike and am having a lot of fun with it. Even my Harley buddies like it. Not all Harley riders will wave back but they all turn there heads towards my bike lol.

Jeriatric
08-27-2012, 07:11 PM
My wife now has a nice scar from the heat on the Can-am Spyder RT LTD. I have put on heat sheilds and that has helped with the heat coming up from below but still have a heat problem from the fan. I took off the splash sheild on the bottom right but still a lot of heat. I made a heat sheild that blocked 3/4 of the upper opening but then got a lot of heat from under the bike. It is just a bad design by Can-am. When it burnt my wifes leg she was wearing heavy motorcycle boots and jeans. The heat came right up the jeans on both legs but burnt the right leg bad. She also got heat stroke from it. Sent letters to Can-am Spyder twice but no answer as of yet which shows me that they really don't care about there customers and found out that this has been going on long before I got my 2012 Can-am Spyder RT LTD. I get a check engine light when it is over 110 on there gage which is very annoying but they still haven't put a up grade out in there software as of yet either. Other then that I enjoy the bike and am having a lot of fun with it. Even my Harley buddies like it. Not all Harley riders will wave back but they all turn there heads towards my bike lol.

:dontknow:

Must not have gotten the memo: Ride only in the cool of the morning or evening.

Arr MiHardies
08-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd be really curious to see what is different from these hot spyders and mine. There is some heat, but of the burn and scar variety? No.

Jeriatric
08-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I'd be really curious to see what is different from these hot spyders and mine. There is some heat, but of the burn and scar variety? No.

Can't say I have a side heat or saddle heat problem, but that doesn't mean he does not. Here's one for you. Why do people in Canada add the FanCan or block off plates with the temps they ride in?

Schnauzer
08-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Check the lower panel and make sure it is tucked in the clips. I had mine apart and didn't install correctly, got a lot of heat but no burns. The Dealer may have installed them incorrectly. Watch driving with the Engine light on due to heat from the pavement. I did and my fuel mileage went downhill. I'm thinking maybe a bottle of butane in the frunk to cool off the sensor will help keep nanny happy.. Mine gets around 123* when it happens. Gotta love asphalt in the summer.