PDA

View Full Version : U GUYS that have installed the Stebel Horn

sidetrack
08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Some have stated that they had installed their horn in the same place as the factory horn. Did you have fog lights? What am I missing? I can't get 25# of S#*T in a 5#bag!!! How is the water proofing on this thing? I am thinking of installing it inside of the left hand air intake, would that work? HELP!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

wilfredopr
08-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Some have stated that they had installed their horn in the same place as the factory horn. Did you have fog lights? What am I missing? I can't get 25# of S#*T in a 5#bag!!! How is the water proofing on this thing? I am thinking of installing it inside of the left hand air intake, would that work? HELP!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes, I install it where the factory horn was, and I do have the fog lights. You have to trim and cut some of the plastic that surround the factory horn, tweak a litlle , but is possible . I was temted for a minute to cut a piece of the horn but it wasn't necessary.

coz
08-27-2012, 07:47 PM
mr o, i put mine in the exact same place. less space in the r t ? don't know.:dontknow::roflblack:

MMcc
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM
RT with fog lights. New horn would not fit there without trimming plastic for me so I located it higher up under the tupperware behind the fog lights. I would attach a photo but way too much work to remove the plastic, sorry.

acinpcola
08-27-2012, 10:33 PM
This is where mine is mounted on my RT

AC:spyder2:

sidetrack
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I now have a horn that sounds like a horn.

kevorama
08-28-2012, 09:27 AM
The guys at Cowtown were able to install SpyderLady's without removing the frunk (no fog lights on hers). There are clips that hold the fog lights in. He said that removing those should give me enough room to install on my RT. My Stebel is en route as I speak. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I'll take pics and post my successes and or failures, as usual.

GeoffCee
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
If you have an RT you will find a full explanation originally posted by me on where and how to install a Stebel Nautilus Air Horn on the DIY Step-by-Step Board, Page 2. Look out for "Mounting a Stebel Nautilus Air Horn on the RT".

The manufacturer of the Stebel would like you to mount it vertically both fore-and-aft and left-to-right, which you cannot do by utilising the space occupied by the stock BRP Horn. This is important as the Stebel's air pressure is generated by a piston moving rapidly back and forth inside a tube and if the horn is fitted lying on its side the piston will rub on the tube's inner wall, resulting in wear and shortened product life expectancy.

The location I came up with allows the Stebel to be mounted precisely in accordance with the manufacturer's wishes so it should have a long life. In my view manufacturers are the best people to listen to --- more than anyone, they should know. :thumbup:

eddieshep999
08-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Hope you didn't mind Geoff but Iv'e posted the link to your original thead - This should help others

This is the link ref How GeoffCee fitted his Stebel Horn to his RT

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32217-Mounting-a-Stebel-Nautilus-Air-Horn-on-the-RT&highlight=Mounting+Stebel+Nautilus+Horn+RT.

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

kevorama
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks Geoff & Eddie, I'll look that over before my install.