PDA

View Full Version : Help with rear Brake Pads

Starrider
08-27-2012, 04:15 PM
In the process of changing rear brake pads on Queen "B"s Spyder. Can't seem to get the piston on the caliper to compress enough to get the new pads over the disc. Would welcome any hints or suggestions of what I might be doing wrong. BTW have tryied compressing the piston using a C-clamp.

arntufun
08-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Is the brake fluid caps off while you are compressing the piston ???? Did it move at all with the C-clamp ????

arntufun
08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnKVCGc4cLw&feature=player_embedded

Starrider
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Is the brake fluid caps off while you are compressing the piston ???? Did it move at all with the C-clamp ????

Thanks for your answer and video. :) In answer to your questions yes and yes. Still lack a bit from fitting over the rotor. Ended up putting her back together with the old pads for now. New to get new pins to go with the new pads anyway. Will take another try at the new pads when I get them. Queen "B" will just have to put up with the squeal till then :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help

Lamonster
08-27-2012, 06:28 PM
On the RT and newer Spyders you need to turn the shaft on the parking brake.

Starrider
08-28-2012, 11:50 AM
On the RT and newer Spyders you need to turn the shaft on the parking brake.

Lamonter,
Thanks for jogging this old guy's memory. Rmembered I did, in fact, turn down the adjustment on the parking brake. After dinner, a beer and a good nights sleep I tackled the new pads again after loosening the parking brake shaft. Slipped them on with no problem.;);) Got them on put "Rideon in the new tire and took her out for a test drive.

Thanks again