PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes and spyders

muonwhiz
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Those of you who live in areas frequented by hurricanes, what do you do for your spyders? Just moved from AZ (where there is virtually no rain ever) to an area that can get those big storms. If I had to evacuate I would have to take the SUV with the dogs- not sure where would be a good place to store the spyder. What say you all with experience in these matters?

dliszews
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
May be time to invest in a trailer to haul it.

Ivorspyder
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I live in South Florida.The Spyder&Jeep simply stay in the Garage.:yikes:

SpyderSue
08-27-2012, 02:43 PM
52295:roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif
I'd figure out a way to chain it down, and then say a good prayer for when returning becomes possible... :shocked:

Jharpo
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I live in Tampa Bay and the best place in a hurricane is the highest elevation you can find and surrounded by concrete bloc construction. If you are on the water, go inland. Those high tides can be murder. Pulling a trailer in high winds can be extremely dangerous. So if you tow the Spyder to higher ground, do it early. Most of our bridges close when the wind reaches 40 mph. Just remember the rising water can be more destructive than the high winds. Why do I continue to live in Florida when we have all of these storms, because I love it here. Some places have tornados, some have earthquakes, some have mud slides or forest fires. We have hurricanes. It just a fact and we learn to live with it.

NancysToy
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I might also suggest having good insurance, and making sure the insurance covers damage or replacement in those situations. If it doesn't, buy a trailer and evacuate early.

Bob Denman
08-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Having a trailer would also allow for more stuff to go inland with you as well... :thumbup:

Captain Fin
08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Those of you who live in areas frequented by hurricanes, what do you do for your spyders? Just moved from AZ (where there is virtually no rain ever) to an area that can get those big storms. If I had to evacuate I would have to take the SUV with the dogs- not sure where would be a good place to store the spyder. What say you all with experience in these matters?
Let the big windsurf blow. Im writing this aboard my sailing vessel here in Key Largo as Isacc is screaming past me. Move the spyder to high ground to where it can not get flooded and in a location where it is not likely to get hit by wind bourn debris and place its cover over it. I parked mine under the Key Largo bridge at an elevation 10 feet above sea level and parked my car on the windward side of the spyder to protect it. My tiki garage is only two feet above sea level so I had to move it up.

Farmboy
08-28-2012, 05:05 AM
One or the spyders cousins is the sea-doo. Hope mine floats;). Weather man says we going to get a lot of rain off that storm here in Arkansas.

Grandpa Spyder
08-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Well I live a block off the water but my house sets up pretty good. But If I was really concerned I would put it in a parking garage a few miles away. At least level 4.

Bob Denman
08-28-2012, 06:44 AM
One or the spyders cousins is the sea-doo. Hope mine floats;). .

Does the name, "Titanic" ring any bells?? :shocked: