PDA

View Full Version : ACS not working!?

MidLifeCrisis
08-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Not too long ago, the dealer replaced the air pump and everything seemed fine. I could hear the suspension adjust and the ride was tight. Today, thingd seemed soft, so I checked the shock and it had only 5psi in it. When I push the button on the console the scale shows increasing and decreaing ride stiffness, but I don't hear anything. When the pump went out before, I would get the orange manual mode display, so I'm guessing this isn't the same issue. Maybe I'm missing something. Any idea what to check?

Thanks... :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mrfats
08-26-2012, 09:22 PM
My dealer told me that mine wasn't working because I had the parking brake set...:lecturef_smilie:

NancysToy
08-26-2012, 09:36 PM
You do have to have the Spyder running and in gear...not sure about the parking brake, but I wouldn't be surprised. Forget the pressure reading. The best way is to start it and put it in gear, then have someone measure from the ground to the rear fender at different settings. There should be several inches of difference. They can also see the Spyder rise and fall when looking from the side. I would also look under the left side, and see if the ACS link is still intact and attached. If the bolt comes out or the link breaks, the height won't adjust. Beyond that, I'm afraid it's back to the dealer.

MidLifeCrisis
08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
You do have to have the Spyder running and in gear...not sure about the parking brake, but I wouldn't be surprised. Forget the pressure reading. The best way is to start it and put it in gear, then have someone measure from the ground to the rear fender at different settings. There should be several inches of difference. They can also see the Spyder rise and fall when looking from the side. I would also look under the left side, and see if the ACS link is still intact and attached. If the bolt comes out or the link breaks, the height won't adjust. Beyond that, I'm afraid it's back to the dealer.

It was running and I backed it up and went forward again. I didn't measure anything, or check the link. I'll do that next. Would I not see an error or code, if the pump or sensor went bad?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

NancysToy
08-27-2012, 07:36 AM
It was running and I backed it up and went forward again. I didn't measure anything, or check the link. I'll do that next. Would I not see an error or code, if the pump or sensor went bad?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

There is a pump control failure code, but I don't know what circumstances trigger it. Very little of this system is monitored, as far as I can see.

MidLifeCrisis
09-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I couldn't quite tell if ACS was working or not, but finally had my proof. The Spyder sat for a week while we were on vacation and I noticed the rear shock was totally flat. I took it out around my neighborhood and sure enough, it registered 25psi when I got home. What I can't figure out is why I never hear a pump running or hissing sounds as it's adjusting. This is no complaint. I'm glad it's working, but it does seem strange there's no more noise. Perhaps I need a hearing test instead! :dontknow: Anyone else notice the rear suspension working with no sound? Maybe the new pump and recalibration changed things, but even the dealer told me there should be sound...

Bob Denman
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Mine also seems to leak down... :shocked: But it also seems to get itself pumped up and in the game pretty darn quick! :thumbup:
It's going to have to be a discussion with the dealer...

GeoffCee
09-05-2012, 05:42 PM
What I've noticed is that when my wife gets off the Spyder and I run it round the back of the house into the garage the air suspension makes intermittent hissing sounds, (about one hiss every couple of seconds), as it loses pressure, adjusting itself for the reduced weight of a solo rider. However, I hear no distinctive sound in the opposite case as the air suspension pumps itself up, adjusting from solo rider to 2-up.

The air suspension bag works to keep the ride height constant. I had a problem with the ACS which caused it to lose air from the bag. I experienced a sinking feeling as the back end of the Spyder sank lower and lower, to the point where I could no longer see over the screen! :sour: :roflblack:

Pandy
09-06-2012, 04:48 AM
When my ACS failed, the pressure would change (indicated) but no difference in suspension. Never saw a code, and didn't hear the suspension spit as usual. Turned out to be a failure of the compressor and looked like the airshock as well. Dealer replaced pump and air cylinder of the shock and have had no reouble since. Now about 15K miles ago. So, FWIW, could be a similar happenstance.

Patrick

TuckMiddle
09-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Not too long ago, the dealer replaced the air pump and everything seemed fine. I could hear the suspension adjust and the ride was tight. Today, thingd seemed soft, so I checked the shock and it had only 5psi in it. When I push the button on the console the scale shows increasing and decreaing ride stiffness, but I don't hear anything. When the pump went out before, I would get the orange manual mode display, so I'm guessing this isn't the same issue. Maybe I'm missing something. Any idea what to check?

Thanks... :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Just in case it still acts up, don't forget that the system is in BUDS and to reprogram it is a dealer functiion. I think mine was the first one they did, but it took 3 hours or so. Front end shock adjusted to 6", back jacked up and a 6 inch long piece of 4x4 put u8nder the rear chassis stringer, all kin of stuff. The it didn't work after all that. They called the tech rep and all he said was, take the key out and away from the Spyder for 20 or 30 minutes. Started it up and air bag filled and has been fine for the past 7 months or so. Over engineered in my eyes, but what do I know??:banghead:

Tuck