PDA

View Full Version : Daytona to maggie valley

Antnee2611
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone, I looking to ride from Daytona to Maggie Valley in middle of Oct. I am looking for any advice on routes,lodging any info that you an give me. This is my 1st long distance ride. Thanks for all the help.

Ga Blue Knight
08-26-2012, 05:09 AM
I live in Augusta Georgia and my Club and I do a yearly ride to Maggie Valley. One of the prettiest and great Motorcyle roads from here to the Valley is state Rd 28 from Augusta. It is curvy, fairly quiet with lots of small towns for gas and food. You will even ride under a Waterfall! On your way. It's a little hard to get to it from 95 since there are no direct highways to Augusta. You have to sort of go cross country. 95 to Ga Rt 25 to Augusta Rt 520 etc. PM me if your interested and I can give you more information.

captblack
08-26-2012, 05:55 AM
I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on the interstate. I live just north of Jacksonville and my preferred way is to go up through Brunswick, then take US 341 to McRae. You then take US 441 around Athens, up through Franklin North Carolina to Cherokee. From Cherokee, take US 19 in Maggie Valley.

If you're in a hurry and want to stay on the interstate, take I-95 to I 26 in South Carolina, take I 26 to Asheville, and then a little west of Asheville on I 40 you can get to US 19 and follow it to Maggie Valley.

I prefer the less traveled roads although they are very good roads all the way up. Best time to travel is during the week although you will see more truck traffic especially on US 341. Depending on how long you want to stay in the seat there a number of options for lodging - I usually stay in Milledgeville just to break the trip up. This route also has plenty of places to stop and stretch your legs, have a bite to eat, etc.

If you're looking to explore other areas as well as get to Maggie Valley, you might look at Robbinsville as part of the trip. I am looking forward to my next trip as soon as it cools off a little and I know you will have a good time. Let me know if you need any other details.

Ivorspyder
08-26-2012, 06:57 AM
I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on the interstate. I live just north of Jacksonville and my preferred way is to go up through Brunswick, then take US 341 to McRae. You then take US 441 around Athens, up through Franklin North Carolina to Cherokee. From Cherokee, take US 19 in Maggie Valley.

If you're in a hurry and want to stay on the interstate, take I-95 to I 26 in South Carolina, take I 26 to Asheville, and then a little west of Asheville on I 40 you can get to US 19 and follow it to Maggie Valley.

I prefer the less traveled roads although they are very good roads all the way up. Best time to travel is during the week although you will see more truck traffic especially on US 341. Depending on how long you want to stay in the seat there a number of options for lodging - I usually stay in Milledgeville just to break the trip up. This route also has plenty of places to stop and stretch your legs, have a bite to eat, etc.

If you're looking to explore other areas as well as get to Maggie Valley, you might look at Robbinsville as part of the trip. I am looking forward to my next trip as soon as it cools off a little and I know you will have a good time. Let me know if you need any other details.
:agree:These are the routes I use from Florida.

Antnee2611
08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I live in Augusta Georgia and my Club and I do a yearly ride to Maggie Valley. One of the prettiest and great Motorcyle roads from here to the Valley is state Rd 28 from Augusta. It is curvy, fairly quiet with lots of small towns for gas and food. You will even ride under a Waterfall! On your way. It's a little hard to get to it from 95 since there are no direct highways to Augusta. You have to sort of go cross country. 95 to Ga Rt 25 to Augusta Rt 520 etc. PM me if your interested and I can give you more information.
Yes thanks for the info. I will take any advice that you have

Antnee2611
08-26-2012, 09:04 PM
:agree:These are the routines I use from Florida.
Thanks for the info. Any advice will be appreciated.

sinkhole
08-27-2012, 01:22 PM
When you get there, just be sure to have breakfast at Joey's Pancake House. :2thumbs: