PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Ownership of a Spyder in Northern CA?

MetroAsian
11-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Anyone interested in sharing ownership of a Spyder in Northern CA? I'm only here two weeks out of the month and figured it would be reasonable to share the cost with someone who's local. I'm in San Mateo, CA. Thoughts on the idea?

DLPeace
11-20-2007, 01:18 AM
What's the payments like a month?

MetroAsian
11-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I dunno...i was going to buy it outright in cash. I am up for having someone make payments on their end upon approval of the person's credit and clean driving record. Each person would be responsible for $8500 on their end pretty much. Just can't justify 15K on it! I can buy 3 used GSXR's for that price!

joet
11-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I dunno...i was going to buy it outright in cash. I am up for having someone make payments on their end upon approval of the person's credit and clean driving record. Each person would be responsible for $8500 on their end pretty much. Just can't justify 15K on it! I can buy 3 used GSXR's for that price!

that just what you get for 15k 3 used motorcycles that you can only ride 1 at a time, that every other person on the road has one. 3 used gxsr's do not = 1 spyder

MetroAsian
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
yes...the "wow" factor is definitely there which is one of the reasons why I am considering getting one. But...I think I would miss lane splitting and being able to get into the city quickly from where I live. Gas mileage is also better on a bike.