PDA

View Full Version : Pre-charge pressure for Remote Suspension System

TexGEOas
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
The manual shows pre-charge pressures, based on rider/passenger weights) for the rear suspension for non-automatic suspension system (manual) but it does not show what the pre-charge (starting) pressure should be for automatic (remote) systems. I checked my pressure at the schrader valve under the seat and it shows 32lbs. That seems very low to me.

If I set the pre-charge at what the manual tables say... I may end up over-pressurizing on the road if I use the button up to a Hard setting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

NancysToy
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM
The manual is unclear, but the ACS system does not need to be precharged. It will maintain your ride-height setting automatically as long as it is running and in gear.

TexGEOas
08-27-2012, 07:10 PM
The manual is unclear, but the ACS system does not need to be precharged. It will maintain your ride-height setting automatically as long as it is running and in gear.

Thanks for the replies... but... what's the function of the pressure (mine is currently 32 lbs) that's in the schrader valve if it's not needed for pre-charge on an ACS system?

bruiser
08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I think what you're seeing is the pressure in the bag itself. I happened to be checking the shock on Bruisersbaby's RTS this afternoon and noted a zero reading. However, after starting the bike and letting the system charge it showed 43.5 psi. at the top end of the setting. Like Scotty said, it has to be on and in gear for the ride height system to work. BBs air pump is making a lot of noise so it's off to the dealer tomorrow for a new pump and check the "bag". And a new rear tire. Her's is a 2010 which has had issues with the air pumps.