PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Ryders with CMA

CMA Cowboy
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Had someone ask if the CMA in front of Cowboy stood for Christian Motorcyclists Association. I said yes and that made me curious how many spyder ryders are also with CMA. How are the chapter members accepting the new fangled think called spyder? I have met with some resistance and some acceptance and quite a few fence sitters since I and my wife moved to the RTs.

Mo Lee
08-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I hear you and Pinkyjo have been good Spyder ambassadors, a co-worker of mine seems pretty excited about a possible red one in their future.

ARtraveler
08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
There is a CMA group here but I have never ridden with them. Based on what they stand for--it would seem surprising if they did not accept any and all riders and what they ride would not be an issue.

I am an associate member (need a GW to be a full member) of the GWWRA and they welcomed us and our Spyders with open arms.

Leta
08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I've been a CMA member for 4-5 years and really enjoy our Chapter. Everyone kids me about my Spyder. If they didn't tease me for that, it would be something else. I do a little teasing of my own!! :yikes: Everyone is good hearted and we really have a good time.

Daisyjoe
08-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I have recently joined a local CMA group. Great people and their reason for being can only be commended. Thanks for the PM Cowboy!

DocRags
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
We ride with quite a few CMA guys when we do Patriot Guard missions, and we've had absolutely no problem with either group when we're on our :spyder2:. When we rode on a CMA ride a few months back, we were asked if our :spyder2: had been blessed before. When I replied that the monks in Quebec blessed our :spyder2: when we were at Spyderfest Magog 2011, they told us the blessing didn't cross international lines and the :spyder2: would need to be blessed again. Of course, they did confess to having a hard time calling our :spyder2: a "bike" so they went with "machine" during the blessing! :roflblack::roflblack:

Tigger
08-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I am a member of CMA and my wife rides the Spyder at the events. Because of the attraction of the Spyder we are able to "Witness" to many that may have not approached without it.

The only issue we get is that the hardcore CMA trike riders are not buying into the quality and functionality of the Spyders. Its hard to talk to them about "new fangle" computer controls that they don't or wont take the time to understand. I just speak my peace and move on to the most important thing...Reaching others for Christ.