PDA

View Full Version : TicLed Foam Grips vs. Original Grip Buddies

Y Rider
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Just wondering if the TricLed slip-on foam grips were the same as Grip Puppies. I had a set of Grip Puppies on my RT Limited last year. They were okay except in the rain. It was like holding on to two wet sponges while riding. This year I put on a set of Original Grip Buddies. I really love the feel of these grips but I hate the seam. No matter how I have these rotated I can't find a position where the seam doesn't bother me. :banghead: If these were designed similar to the Grip Puppies where they would slip on without a seam they would be perfect. :firstplace: Now I see that TicLed is selling foam grips listed under "New Items". Are they different from Grip Puppies? If they are different I may give them a try unless OGB comes out with a seamless version. Are you listening OGB? Is it possible to make a seamless version with the material you use?

Y Rider
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Sorry. Got confused when I entered the thread title. Just wanting to know if the TricLed grips are the same as Grip Puppies.

reggystan
08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Our foam hand grips is an EVA foam type of material, it is very dense, durable and pretty comfortable it also has UV inhibitors to help protect it from the outside elements. They are specifically cut to length and diameter for all current and existing RS and RT OEM grips. Easy slip on with no tools needed. As with all foam grips it will retain some water when completely soaked but a simple squeeze usually will easily disperse any water or liquids from them. Because they are dense they will not foam up or expand like a regular foam sponge. Hope this helps answer your question from our side. Thank you. RT

Spy+
08-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I have the Tricled grips in my RS, and they are fantastic..plus, given the price, it is not going to break the bank to try them..Rgds

JJW SpyderRider
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Just wondering if the TricLed slip-on foam grips were the same as Grip Puppies. I had a set of Grip Puppies on my RT Limited last year. They were okay except in the rain. It was like holding on to two wet sponges while riding. This year I put on a set of Original Grip Buddies. I really love the feel of these grips but I hate the seam. No matter how I have these rotated I can't find a position where the seam doesn't bother me. :banghead: If these were designed similar to the Grip Puppies where they would slip on without a seam they would be perfect. :firstplace: Now I see that TicLed is selling foam grips listed under "New Items". Are they different from Grip Puppies? If they are different I may give them a try unless OGB comes out with a seamless version. Are you listening OGB? Is it possible to make a seamless version with the material you use?

I bought a set of Slip-On (like Grip puppies) off amazon and they ripped easily when I went to put them on. I then found that Triled had them and bought a pair. Much better and a little bigger dia which I liked. The Tricled fit better and did not have to be cut :yes:. I have rode in the rain twice and did not even notice if they held water. I too did not like the seam on the grip buddies. My hands wrap all the way around the grip and the seam had no where to hide.