PDA

View Full Version : Anyone linked Scala Rider G9 to non traditional 2 way Blue Tooth?

DR Buck
08-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Is anyone using the new G9 Scala Rider from Cardo with other 2-way blue tooth devices? I just finished installing a Yaesu ham radio with blue tooth on my 2012 :spyder2: Limited. I have not yet had time to fool with it to figure out a way to make the blue tooth work. My hope is to be able to connect the ham radio via the "Rider B" intercom. However, my suspicion is that I wll have to connect via my cell phone similar to the way you need to do the GPS.

I hope to get some time this weekend to try it out but if anyone else has already been down this road I'm open to suggestions.

Spyder Monkey
08-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Is anyone using the new G9 Scala Rider from Cardo with other 2-way blue tooth devices? I just finished installing a Yaesu ham radio with blue tooth on my 2012 :spyder2: Limited. I have not yet had time to fool with it to figure out a way to make the blue tooth work. My hope is to be able to connect the ham radio via the "Rider B" intercom. However, my suspicion is that I wll have to connect via my cell phone similar to the way you need to do the GPS.

I hope to get some time this weekend to try it out but if anyone else has already been down this road I'm open to suggestions.
It really depends on how the Yaesu is set up... When you say bluetooth enabled, does that mean you can use a bluetooth headset to talk via the radio? Or does it mean you can hook up a bluetooth phone to your radio and answer and make calls on your phone with your radio mic and speakers? If the former, you can probably make it work and use the Cardo as another headset. If the latter, probably not.

David

DR Buck
08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
It really depends on how the Yaesu is set up... When you say bluetooth enabled, does that mean you can use a bluetooth headset to talk via the radio? Or does it mean you can hook up a bluetooth phone to your radio and answer and make calls on your phone with your radio mic and speakers? If the former, you can probably make it work and use the Cardo as another headset. If the latter, probably not.

David

".... mean you can use a bluetooth headset to talk via the radio" Yes.

Yaesu sells a separate headset/mic unit to use with the radio. I did not buy that as I can't wear it under a helmet.