PDA

View Full Version : WHAT SHOULD MY DEALER KNOW?

DLPeace
11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Can anyone tell me what should my dealer know about the Spyders?Like how many he's getting,or what number
am i on the list.All i get from them is "they don't know". I would like to go back there and tell them that they should
know this or that,something anything. Thanks

smokster
11-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Join the crowd

spyder#1
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
The dealer should have a list of what place you put your deposit . The dealer should tell you if you were 1st 2nd 3rd and so on.

Spyderman
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
What was scary is when I brought it in for the first service and the service writer didn't know how to start it. :dontknow:

bjt
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I think all dealers get three initially. They are supposed to keep one as a demo / showroom model. If you are one of the first two of your dealers orders and if your color preference matches what he has, you should be getting one soon. The dealer should at least know that much. Other things I have read about like specific shipping dates for certain states, second allotments of Spyders in Nov. / Dec., etc. are still up in the air as far as I am concerned. (I'll believe it when I see it)

Sounds like your dealer is similar to one of the two dealers that are handling Spyders in my area. The first dealership acted like we were putting them out by showing up for a test ride. They did not have anyone there who could answer any questions that we had. They knew less than my wife and I who did just a little research online before going to check them out. The only time any one of the guys perked up was after the ride when he asked if I was ready to put my $1000 down. (yeah, right)

The second dealership was much more excited about the Spyder. Their service manager had gone to a Spyder school and he talked my ear off for over an hour about what they could do, how they were designed, how well the traction control & ABS worked, etc. The owner had more info about when we could be expect a Spyder if we ordered at that time (September), the first owners group, riding events and accessories. Needless to say, they are the ones who got the deposit for my Spyder. When my wife finally decided that she wanted one instead of a Bergman scooter, we went right back there with another $1000. Now we both are waiting for late March when our Spyders should be in.

Spyd3r
11-16-2007, 12:44 PM
What was scary is when I brought it in for the first service and the service writer didn't know how to start it. :dontknow:

That is why after this first service I am doing my own oil changes.

barb36jack31
11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Yesterday my dealer showed me an e-mail from BRP that said they would get 10 Spyders by the end of December. 5 Yellow and Silver. Unfortunately I am #7 on the silver list, so I probably won't get mine until March, 2008. Apparently, dealers are getting info re future deliveries.

Jack H.