PDA

View Full Version : Back Off Brake Light

Cavman
08-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm researching the Back Off brake light unit. Can the $40 unit work on the RT or should I opt for the $80 something unit? The more expensive one comes pre-wired for the RT.

I tried to do a search on here and came up nothing? Thanks for any input.

Bob Denman
08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I know about as much about them as a Hog would about the Sabbath... :opps:
But my best guess would be to pop for the higher priced one from the start! This ain't a loaf of bread that you're buying; it's got to be right on, or else! :shocked:

(All of this advice from a guy who ain't reaching into his own pocket... :gaah:)

Cavman
08-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Stand a little closer and tell me which pocket the money is in. :roflblack:

gazunni
08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm researching the Back Off brake light unit. Can the $40 unit work on the RT or should I opt for the $80 something unit? The more expensive one comes pre-wired for the RT.

I tried to do a search on here and came up nothing? Thanks for any input.

I installed unit from Custom Dynamics (http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_brake_light_flasher.htm)

I always opt for electrical accessories with the OEM hook up, so much easier. I installed the unit inside of my back trunk by drilling a very small hole and attaching with velcro.

Bob Denman
08-23-2012, 07:21 AM
:opps: It's in the Missus' pocketbook! :roflblack:

Johnny-B
08-23-2012, 08:09 AM
I got the cheaper one also, wife keeps my wallet, I hooked up pretty sure the pink wire at brake pedal, plenty of room down there to tie it off.

dick574
08-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I installed the Can Am Spyder RT GEN2 Magic Brake Light Flasher from Custom Dynamics, MAGIC-STROBES-RT $79.95. It flashed both the LMT & the tail lights. With a little work, I velcro'd the control unit in the trunk so I can change the flash sequence if I want.