PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Polack
11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Having put money down 2/15/07 I'm #1 at my dealer in Minnesota but still without wheels. I put money down when it was snowing & it looks like it'll be snowing when I get it. Anyone else going to venture out with their Spyder in the Midwest winter weather? I think Texas is calling me!

smokster
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
DON'T ANSWER

Polack
11-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Believe me, Texas beats Wisconsin by a long shot in the winter for riding. Hopefully I'll have it for a trip to South Padre Island by spring break.

Spyd3r
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey that's ME. 02/15/07 #1 Yellow are Minnesota dealer and still waiting. If it is dry, I am going to take off work and get the damn thing broke in. I hope. I have snowmobile gear if need be. I don't think the BRP jacket will cut it anymore. People keep asking me, "did you get it yet?" I keep saying when it is sleeting and snowing out, then you will know I finally got it. ;D

Spyderman
11-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll have you know it was 55 this morning in Florida when I rode mine to work!

Polack
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
;D
Well it happened, my Spyder finally came in yesterday! It was 28 degrees when I rode it in to work today. It was cold but it was great. I knew it would get attention but I had no idea it would be this much. People honk, wave and give me a thumbs up and smile. I think I'll stop by the John Dear dealer and see if I can outfit it with a plow?
:bigthumbsup:

Spyd3r
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Don't forget to take extra time getting gas. They will not leave you alone. What number and color are you? You are only the 3rd Spyder owner i am aware of in as many states. One went to Maryland that i know of from Anoka, the other one at my dealer went to Fairmont

Polack
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm #593, Gray unit. Got it at Tousley in White Bear, MN. I was #1 on their list and they got 4 units last week. I live in Western Wisconsin but do a lot of work in Minnesota. I hope the dealer here in Wisconsin will service my Spyder.

draboo
11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Polack,I purchased mine from Antigo Yamaha,Antigo WI. A nicer dealer you will not find anywhere. Not sure how far away you are from them. Ask for Joe.

bjeffrey
11-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I would drive mine all winter (as long as the roads are clear) if it would come in but I don't think it will happen before spring.
I'm #7 on the list at the local dealer, I call once a week, hoping if I bug them enough they'll move me up on the list just to get rid of me ;D.

More listed on Ebay but I can't get myself to pay scalpers.

Polack
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Wish you were here! It's been 80+ here the last week. Beats Wisconsin by a long shot. Midwest folks ... come on down to South Padre Island, Texas! Riding the Spyder everyday. (Sorry, don't know how to post a picture)

jebkaylor
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
My daughters have a lot on South Padre Island.My wife inherited it and we gave it to our girls, someday i may have to takespyder #70 to see it.We have never seen the lot but local realtors always send offers. Is it a nice vacation spot?