PDA

View Full Version : OYSTER RUN 2012!!!

wukka
08-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Since we are a little more than 1 month away, it is time to start planning for the biggest Spyder Ryde EVER for the 2012 OYSTER RUN on Sunday, September 23rd.

I'm laying down the gauntlet right now...If we can't get AT LEAST 20 Spyders for this group ryde, I'm not going back there ever again. :yikes:

:chat: So the pressure's on to make this the biggest, best Spyder event yet for Washington State. :2thumbs:

We will take the exact same route as last year, working our way FIRST to La Connor to the Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe for GIANT CINNAMON ROLLS.

Then we'll ride as a large group to Anacortes so that we can all park together (hopefully) on the street.

HERE WE GO!!! ROUTE TO OYSTER RUN!!!

Please note that the times listed here ARE DEPARTURE TIMES, so be sure to be at your closest locale BEFORE that time.
Yes, all times are AM on Sunday, September 23rd.

05:30 - Depart from Starbucks - 13038 Interurban Avenue, Tukwila, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/7p52v

06:00 - Depart from Northgate Mall (in Front of Nordstrom's) - 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/hzhx9

06:45 - Depart from Smokey Point Rest Stop - Just North of Exit 206 (Shows up as "FREE COFFEE" on the map)
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/qrjgd

07:30 - Arrive at Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe - 720 1st Street, La Conner, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/whsf8

08:45-ish - Depart for Oyster Run, Anacortes, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/my2f3

We will take the most direct route to get to Anacortes A.S.A.P. Perhaps we can take the leisurely way home going south...And as always, let me know if you have any questions...

Please add your post to this thread if you plan on joining in...

Joe
(Wukka)

spyderdan
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
John, last year there were two of us that came up from the Portland/Vancouver area. We'll be back with many more this year. Looking forward to it. We already have our reservations for Saturday night in La Conner. See you there!

n7wol
08-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I looking at going for the first time Will leave The Starbucks @ Sunset Center (ie Sunset-I-5 ) at 6:30 to meet in Laconner at 7:30

wukka
08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
John, last year there were two of us that came up from the Portland/Vancouver area. We'll be back with many more this year. Looking forward to it. We already have or reservations for Saturday night in La Conner. See you there!

Excellent! This should be a great ride for everyone...

Oneeyed
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
I will be there

bmwlarry
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
John, my wife and myself will be joining you this year and already have reservations in LaConner and we will be coming up with spyderdan
larry

wukka
08-21-2012, 12:15 AM
John, my wife and myself will be joining you this year and already have reservations in LaConner and we will be coming up with spyderdan
larry

SAH-WEEEEEET! Already at 5 and it's only been a few days.
:yes:This :yes: is :yes: how :yes: I :yes: am :yes: feeling! :yes:

Neez
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Yup, I get a hankerin' for cinnamon rolls and oysters every year about this time. See you and the gang at La Conner, Joe.

wukka
08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Yup, I get a hankerin' for cinnamon rolls and oysters every year about this time. See you and the gang at La Conner, Joe.

Thankfully, they are not served together! :barf:

Tru-Blue
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Got the final word last night and my wife has the time off so we are going to make our 1st Oyster Run. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Now time to figure out how far to travel on Saturday and where to stay?

Patrick

wukka
08-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Got the final word last night and my wife has the time off so we are going to make our 1st Oyster Run. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Now time to figure out how far to travel on Saturday and where to stay?

Patrick

You may do better, but 14 miles away from La Conner is

Days Inn Mt Vernon 2009 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Double-Occupancy rooms for $68 a night. I imagine they will fill up as we get closer to September...

Joe

wukka
08-22-2012, 11:23 PM
SAH-WEEEEEET! Already at 5 and it's only been a few days.
:yes:This :yes: is :yes: how :yes: I :yes: am :yes: feeling! :yes:

So has anyone else noticed how Will Ferrell is banging that COWBELL in perfect unison to the dancing peppers? :p

Riot
08-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Sweet, you know ill be there. I just rolled in today from doin the Testy Festy in Montana, then poped over to Sturgis for afew, then got to use the Spyder as taxi service for a wedding over in Colville. My bike has gotten a workout in the last month..it used to be silver, now its pretty much dirt / dust colored with a decent splattered bug texter thrown in:).
Cya there, Troy

Tru-Blue
08-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweet, you know ill be there. I just rolled in today from doin the Testy Festy in Montana, then poped over to Sturgis for afew, then got to use the Spyder as taxi service for a wedding over in Colville. My bike has gotten a workout in the last month..it used to be silver, now its pretty much dirt / dust colored with a decent splattered bug texter thrown in:).
Cya there, Troy

TESTY FESTY... BEEN THERE A TIME OR 3! :D I DO NOT KNOW WHY MY PHONE WILL ONLY WRITE IN CAPS! SO FRUSTRATING! :banghead:

spyderdan
08-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Hey Joe, I think you should make your quota of 20 Spyders this year! You might even set your sights highter than 20! We had 22 Spyders at our first annual Spyder Ryder of America-Columbia River Chapter BBQ yesterday in Portland, Oregon, with another 10 or so that couldn't make it or drove their cars. We'll see you there! Check out our pictures!
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

lil rabbit
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey Joe,

You can count me in.

Lil Rabbit

jackgsd
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
New Rs-S rider this year. I would love to join. I am in Kitsap County so was trying to find others over here that were interested in going to Port Townsand then taking ferry over to Whidbey Island and up. If nobody wants to join me then I will trek over to Tuckwilla and ride with everyone else. This is my first ride of any kind :)

Questions
08-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Hello to all spider riders. my wife has an 09 spider roadster and i just picked up a 2012 spyder rts and we live on whidbey island so we are planning to get up to the oyster run this year ourselves. for us it's not that far to ride but we hope to see you all there. i know someone said they may be coming over from port townsand so maybe if they post what time they are coming over we could meet up with them at the ferry terminal. :spyder2:

lil rabbit
08-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Jackgsd and SpyderJoe,

First of all welcome:congrats:, to the Spyder family. I normally ride up to La Conner to meet up with the other Spyder riders at the cafe there. Where we have breakfast or just coffee and meet and greet. So if you want Jack we can meet up at the Ferry in Kingston that morning and ride up to La Conner. Ok hope to hear from you soon and once again welcome to the Spyder Family........:yes::clap:

Lil Rabbit

jackgsd
08-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Jackgsd and SpyderJoe,

First of all welcome:congrats:, to the Spyder family. I normally ride up to La Conner to meet up with the other Spyder riders at the cafe there. Where we have breakfast or just coffee and meet and greet. So if you want Jack we can meet up at the Ferry in Kingston that morning and ride up to La Conner. Ok hope to hear from you soon and once again welcome to the Spyder Family........:yes::clap:

Lil Rabbit

Yes that sounds good. Let me know what ferry you will be catching and I will meet you there and we can ride up together to meet the others.

spyderman051
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I 'll be meeting up with you Joe in tukwila from the Algona/Pacific area see you then this should be really fun :doorag:

SequiMike
08-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Hello to all spider riders. my wife has an 09 spider roadster and i just picked up a 2012 spyder rts and we live on whidbey island so we are planning to get up to the oyster run this year ourselves. for us it's not that far to ride but we hope to see you all there. i know someone said they may be coming over from port townsand so maybe if they post what time they are coming over we could meet up with them at the ferry terminal. :spyder2:
Hey Joe,
I'll be coming across on the PT ferry and will try to remember to let you know what ferry I'm taking. Have you found anyone else coming that way?

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike at the road test the other day. Are you going to be hawking your "new and improved" brake pedal at the Oyster Run? Sure looked nice.

wukka
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
WOW!!!

Thanks to everyone for your responses...Looks like we should EASILY make 20 Spyders for the ryde to the Oyster Run!

But let's not stop...keep spreading the word! As I always say - 'The more, the BETTER!'

jackgsd
08-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Hey Joe,
I'll be coming across on the PT ferry and will try to remember to let you know what ferry I'm taking. Have you found anyone else coming that way?

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike at the road test the other day. Are you going to be hawking your "new and improved" brake pedal at the Oyster Run? Sure looked nice.

Mike, I was on the green spyder at the test the other day in silverday. what time you think you will take the ferry? You going to try and meet up with the others in the restaurant? I would like to ride up with someone and join them.

SequiMike
08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Mike, I was on the green spyder at the test the other day in silverday. what time you think you will take the ferry? You going to try and meet up with the others in the restaurant? I would like to ride up with someone and join them.
I think people are talking about different ferries. I'll be catching the ferry in Port Townsend and getting off in Coupeville. From there I'll be going up Whidbey Island all the way to Anacortes. The rest of the gang is riding up the other side of Skagit Bay to La Conner, and then up to Anacortes. I won't be joining them until Anacortes. It would be nice to join them for breakfast, but I'll pass on that in favor of the pleasant ride up Whidbey Island.

From Silverdale you have several choices. You could catch either the Bainbridge or Kingston ferry, and then join up with the gang on the east side of Puget Sound. Or, you could cross over the Hood Canal bridge and shoot up to Port Townsend and join up with me (and possibly SpyderJoe when we get off the ferry), and ride up Whidbey Island. Looking at the fall sailing schedule, I think I'll try to make the 8:00am ferry.

Questions
08-31-2012, 11:52 PM
I think people are talking about different ferries. I'll be catching the ferry in Port Townsend and getting off in Coupeville. From there I'll be going up Whidbey Island all the way to Anacortes. The rest of the gang is riding up the other side of Skagit Bay to La Conner, and then up to Anacortes. I won't be joining them until Anacortes. It would be nice to join them for breakfast, but I'll pass on that in favor of the pleasant ride up Whidbey Island.

From Silverdale you have several choices. You could catch either the Bainbridge or Kingston ferry, and then join up with the gang on the east side of Puget Sound. Or, you could cross over the Hood Canal bridge and shoot up to Port Townsend and join up with me (and possibly SpyderJoe when we get off the ferry), and ride up Whidbey Island. Looking at the fall sailing schedule, I think I'll try to make the 8:00am ferry.

Hello SequiMike I have been checking in on here to try and figure out first of all how to use this forum stuff and second to try and follow what's going on. anyway I was confused myself on what ferries there all talking about but it sounds like you will be the one on the port townsand run over to coupville. so i will keep an eye on your post here to see if your schedule stays the same for the 08:00 ferry i think that puts you over here on whidbey about 08:30 I think let me know if i'm wrong i don't know the travel times from there. I hope some other riders join you on that side and ride over with you. hope to meet you for the ride.
SpyderJoe:ani29:

SequiMike
09-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello SequiMike I have been checking in on here to try and figure out first of all how to use this forum stuff and second to try and follow what's going on. anyway I was confused myself on what ferries there all talking about but it sounds like you will be the one on the port townsand run over to coupville. so i will keep an eye on your post here to see if your schedule stays the same for the 08:00 ferry i think that puts you over here on whidbey about 08:30 I think let me know if i'm wrong i don't know the travel times from there. I hope some other riders join you on that side and ride over with you. hope to meet you for the ride.
SpyderJoe:ani29:
Sounds good, Joe. My friend, Alan, may join us on his Goldwing, and I met another fellow here in Sequim who has an RT and is talking about making the trip too, although I'm not sure he will be taking the early ferry. Jack (the fellow with the green CanAm) talked about maybe coming up to Port Townsend too, but my guess is he'll take the Kingston ferry and meet up with the gang for breakfast.

PT ferry takes 35 minutes so, barring really bad weather, sickness, etc., I should be disembarking around 8:35. If anything comes up that I can't make it, I'll PM you a quick note.

Questions
09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Sounds good, Joe. My friend, Alan, may join us on his Goldwing, and I met another fellow here in Sequim who has an RT and is talking about making the trip too, although I'm not sure he will be taking the early ferry. Jack (the fellow with the green CanAm) talked about maybe coming up to Port Townsend too, but my guess is he'll take the Kingston ferry and meet up with the gang for breakfast.

PT ferry takes 35 minutes so, barring really bad weather, sickness, etc., I should be disembarking around 8:35. If anything comes up that I can't make it, I'll PM you a quick note.

Ok! Mike I will Keep Checking here for updates, and I will do the same if something comes up on our end also.:ani29:

truck 85
09-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Meet you at the Alger tavern about 6:45?

Neez
09-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Meet you at the Alger tavern about 6:45?
Sounds like a plan, Rick. See you there.

wukka
09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
By my latest and totally non-scientific methods, we are looking at 18 (possibly 19), putting us right on the brink of making the goal.

Thanks to everyone for responding and joining in on this great ryde. We are less than 3 weeks away!

Joe

jerpinoy
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey Joe,

My wife and I will be joining from Oak Harbor and I'll show everyone my new brake pedal. Jerry

jerpinoy
09-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Patrick

Oak Harbor, Wa. is only 20 min. away and few nice place to stay. See if you can make reservation before they're gone.:yes:

jerpinoy
09-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Mike, I will be nice to ride with you to La conner from Whidbey and be with others at 730 am and ride with the rest at 845 am according to Joe's schedule.:yes:

jerpinoy
09-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Mike, I mean It will be nice to ride with you.

SequiMike
09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Mike, I will be nice to ride with you to La conner from Whidbey and be with others at 730 am and ride with the rest at 845 am according to Joe's schedule.:yes:
I'd love to have another CanAm riding with me but it sounds like you'll be going in the other direction. This is the route I plan to take -
http://goo.gl/maps/LnNJn

truck 85
09-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Anyone eles coming from north of burlington that wants to meet me and Neez at the Alger Tarven?

calamaricat
09-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I LOVE MY SPYDER!! I am asked all the time about my spyder.:ani29: Got it at Lifestyles Honda of Mount Vernon! Awesome people.I will be attending the Oyster Run 2012 in Anacortes staying at a camp ground in Deception Pass State Park! Since I work on a time line in my day job, I perfer to get up and go without regard to a schedule. However, it may be possible to catch up with other Spyer Ryders along the way. I would so love to compare notes with other Spyder Ryders too. And... I do enjoy a cinnamon roll and coffee too.

truck 85
09-07-2012, 06:25 PM
The guys Life Styles (Juston and Mark rock) are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SequiMike
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I LOVE MY SPYDER!! I am asked all the time about my spyder.:ani29: Got it at Lifestyles Honda of Mount Vernon! Awesome people.I will be attending the Oyster Run 2012 in Anacortes staying at a camp ground in Deception Pass State Park! Since I work on a time line in my day job, I perfer to get up and go without regard to a schedule. However, it may be possible to catch up with other Spyer Ryders along the way. I would so love to compare notes with other Spyder Ryders too. And... I do enjoy a cinnamon roll and coffee too.
I should be crossing the Deception Pass Bridge around 9:15 that morning - feel free to join up if you see me go by.

wally69
09-12-2012, 10:05 PM
See you at Smokey Point.

bluestratos
09-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I should be able to catch up with you at the Calico Cupboard Inn before you leave for Anacortes. I have a friend that may also be joining us with his new RT as well, we will be riding in from the north.

n7wol
09-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone eles coming from north of burlington that wants to meet me and Neez at the Alger Tarven?

I am coming from Bellingham and will wait till 6:30 at the starbucks on Sunset by I-5 before heading down so if any others join me there we can swing into Alger on the way South

spyderdan
09-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey Joe, as promised, we will have atleast 8 Spyders and 12 members of the Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter joining you Sunday. This includes our furthest member to the north of us, Spyderman051 (Steve) from Pacific, WA. So, what is the count you now have joining you? Our plan is to come up Saturday and stay in La Conner that night and meet everyone Sunday morning for the Oyster Run.

wukka
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=spyderdan;514611]Hey Joe, as promised, we will have atleast 8 Spyders and 12 members of the Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter joining you Sunday. This includes our furthest member to the north of us, Spyderman051 (Steve) from Pacific, WA. So, what is the count you now have joining you? Our plan is to come up Saturday and stay in La Conner that night and meet everyone Sunday morning for the Oyster Run.[/QUOTE

Dan

With your 8 we will be close to 30 Spyders!

NNNNNNGGGGGGEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

(That is me being stoked)

truck 85
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=n7wol;514342]I am coming from Bellingham and will wait till 6:30 at the starbucks on Sunset by I-5 before heading down so if any others join me there we can swing into Alger on the way South[/QUOTE

We will be there cant waite to meet.

wukka
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
I called the Calico Cupboard in La Conner today to give them a heads up on the 30+ Spyder Owners that will be arriving Sunday morning around 7:30 AM. They are expecting us, as they know about the Oyster Run all too well.

All I can say is, we have come a long way since the 6 of us surrounded one table way back when...

jackgsd
09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I'd love to have another CanAm riding with me but it sounds like you'll be going in the other direction. This is the route I plan to take -
http://goo.gl/maps/LnNJn

Mike I think I will join you. I have never been on Whidbey Island. I have the green can-am. You catching a 8am ferry from Port Townsend? I will meet you at the ferry terminal and catch the ferry over with you. Sound good?

Jack

SequiMike
09-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Mike I think I will join you. I have never been on Whidbey Island. I have the green can-am. You catching a 8am ferry from Port Townsend? I will meet you at the ferry terminal and catch the ferry over with you. Sound good?

Jack
Sounds good, Jack. Whidbey Island is a very pleasant ride, and we might pick up Joe, and perhaps another, on the other side. I made an on-line reservation for my bike (for the 8am sailing). You might consider that, although bikes "almost always" get on.

ricardoorozco
09-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Looking forward to see you guys there, we will see you in Smokey point at 6:45am

spyderdan
09-20-2012, 09:10 AM
The weather is suppose to be good. Members of the SRA-Columbia River Chapter will meet at Tully’sCoffee at 710 NE 5th Ave in Vancouver, WA (west side of I-5 and 78thStreet, just past LA Fitness at 8:00AM, depart at 8::30AM, Saturday, September22nd. We’ll take I-5 north and veer off onto Hwy 101 to Port Townsend,WA, where we will board the ferry to Coupeville. The cost is under $10for single rider, rider and passenger, and Spyder, for seniors and non-seniorriders. We hope to arrive in time to catch the 11:45AM or 12:30departures, depending on travel time and availability. I believe everyonefrom our group have plans to stay in La Conner, within blocks of each other Saturday evening, and meeting the Spyder group Sunday morning at Calico Cupboard.

ChasingWind
09-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Hopefully run into the bunch of all you spyder riders up at anacortes - post where you you will hanging out -- I can't head out till 8 ish so be playing catch up leaving from federal way area-- Allen

truck 85
09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
what a great showing of spyders took up a block(almost) cant waite to see seattle's pic. was glad to see friends both old and new.:clap::yes:

wukka
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Truck85's absolutely right...We OWNED that block! :)

A simply PHENOMENAL showing...THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BEING A PART OF THIS GREAT NORTHWEST EVENT!:clap:

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n391/jomion/2012/09_Oyster_Run/oyster_run_small_zpsec538e60.jpg

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n391/jomion/2012/09_Oyster_Run/IMGP9292_zps7bb1db9a.jpg

what a great showing of spyders took up a block(almost) cant waite to see seattle's pic. was glad to see friends both old and new.:clap::yes:

SequiMike
09-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Had a great time in Anacortes today - so nice to see so many CanAm's!! Here's a goofy video I made by walking around with my helmet on. Not very professional, but maybe it will give a little bit of the feel of the Oyster Run experience.

http://youtu.be/M5--vuexXn0

SequiMike
09-23-2012, 10:44 PM
And finally, a few random snapshots from my phone -

http://youtu.be/IrOfT51LmyQ

Seattle
09-24-2012, 06:46 PM
What an incredible turnout of Spyder owners! Thanks to everyone for making this annual venue just a little more special, especially to those of you who drove such a great distance to attend.

Here are my photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/weeklywhiskers/sets/72157631616166281/show/). I regret I didn't capture a group photo of us to include in this photo album for this year, but there's always next year. The video edit of our ride from Calico Cupboard to the rally will take awhile to complete as I have a lot of catching up to do from 13 days from having so much playtime away from home along the California and Oregon coasts. ;)

lil rabbit
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Great pictures........ I enjoyed seeing old and meeting new friends this year..... Had a great time and hope to make some rides before Oldman Winter comes around.....

Tru-Blue
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
What an incredible turnout of Spyder owners! Thanks to everyone for making this annual venue just a little more special, especially to those of you who drove such a great distance to attend.

Here are my photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/weeklywhiskers/sets/72157631616166281/show/). I regret I didn't capture a group photo of us to include in this photo album for this year, but there's always next year. The video edit of our ride from Calico Cupboard to the rally will take awhile to complete as I have a lot of catching up to do from 13 days from having so much playtime away from home along the California and Oregon coasts. ;)

Great pictures! I enjoyed meeting new spyder riders and chatting with others that I met in Eureka last month. The trun out was great and all seemed to have a wonderful time including my wife and myself. This was her first event or ride that was of any distance. We logged about 750mi over 3 days. I think she has the Spyder bug now! :yes::yes:

Patrick

wukka
09-28-2012, 02:02 AM
My bud George graciously agreed to put the Contour camera on his Spyder as we rode from La Conner to Anacortes, and this is the result. A find bit of photography, I might add...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGUu2O6jAsk

bluestratos
09-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Has anyone heard what the actual count was for all bikes at the event? I heard as much as 45,000 unofficially.

Thanks

Randy

lil rabbit
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
That is a great video it captured all of the Spyders!!!! Great job :thumbup: :clap:

SPYDER Mike
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Good Job Nice Video, Hope to make it next year.