PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Spyder Roadster Shipment and Delivery

Lamonster
11-04-2007, 09:40 AM
This might give us some idea when we will get ours.
http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/TrySpyder/News.Details.html?ArticleID=e2a2b9f9-536d-4363-87c5-d269626ac7af

Tour News

Understanding Spyder Roadster Shipment and Delivery
Dear Spyder roadster customer:

Every buyer wants to take delivery of his or her new Can-Am™ Spyder™ roadster as soon as possible. BRP and your dealer share this goal. We are working hard to complete the fall roadster shipment by the end of November, which includes a limited number of the Spyder roadsters sold prior to September 18, 2007.

For those who are included in this fall allocation shipment (see below)…yes, we are running a little behind our original internal estimated shipping dates for the fall and apologize for that delay. As you can appreciate, with any brand new product coming through its first production run and shipping process, some aspects relating to the Spyder commercialization took indeed longer to accomplish than our original best estimates, which is not unusual for new products coming through a first production run and shipping process. BRP believes that taking the extra time to get everything exactly right is very important to your satisfaction with Spyder and as such, we wanted to make sure that the units to be shipped would meet all of our quality standards. We know that you will appreciate our attention to details right from the start. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Our commitment is to always keep you informed with the latest news and updates, so please read on for important information regarding the shipment of Spyder roadsters…

Background

BRP began selling its roadster last spring through authorized BRP Can-Am Spyder dealers in 11 states and 4 provinces. Each of our “Phase 1” Spyder dealers received an initial limited allocation as their share of our first two production runs (fall 2007 and winter 2008). This limited allocation was divided between the fall 2007, winter 2008 and spring 2008 shipment schedule. Prior to October 31st, we shipped a small portion of the limited fall allocation. This caused a flurry of speculation about who was receiving what and when.

The shipping process for the remaining fall allocation was initiated on October 31st with the target of completing such shipping and these roadsters are being delivered to dealers on or before the end of November. BRP's shipment philosophy has not changed: the first Spyder roadsters are distributed so that every Phase 1 dealer receives a limited number of units.

The balance of each dealer’s original allocation will arrive through either the winter shipment (arriving on or before the end of March 2008) or the spring shipment (arriving on or before the end of May 2008). We are pleased to report that, prior to July 15, 2007, many dealers sold more units than their original minimum allocation and as a result, their original winter and spring 2008 allocations were increased to include these additional units. According to his/her allocation, sales and deposit placement date with BRP, each dealer determines which orders are included in the fall 2007, winter 2008 or spring 2008 shipments. The dealer also chooses who gets the units as they are delivered.

Three important Facts about the BRP Shipping Process

During manufacturing, BRP cannot tell customers when their individual units are coming off the line, because no unit is assigned to anyone during production. Assignment of units to customers only occurs after delivery, when the dealer designates a specific VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) number to each specific buyer.
No one can provide advance notice to you of the exact date within each of our fall-winter-spring shipping periods that your order for a Spyder roadster will be filled, because our just-in-time production process means that dealers are notified of actual shipments on the way only a few days prior to actual delivery.
Units are shipped to dealers according to their allocation using the most effective distribution/logistics methods available to us. For example, we often combine loads of Spyder roadsters with other BRP products to optimize our shipping process to dealers.

So WHEN WILL YOUR SPYDER ROADSTER ARRIVE?

If you put down a deposit down on a Spyder prior to July 15, 2007 (and if your dealer provided BRP with that deposit at that same time), then our present plan is for shipment to your dealer by the end of March 2008, but it could be earlier if your dealer included your order in the limited fall allocation. Only your dealer can confirm this timing to you.
If you put down a deposit down on a Spyder after July 15, 2007, but before September 18, 2007 (and if your dealer provided BRP with that deposit at that same time), then our present plan is for shipment to your dealer before the end of May 2008.
If you put down a deposit down on a Spyder after September 18, 2007 (and if your dealer provided BRP with that deposit at that same time), then our present plan is for shipment to your dealer for the end of May 2008, but if this changes in any way, we will notify you immediately.
Thank you for reading this information and for your cooperation — and thanks for being among the first consumers to buy a Spyder roadster!

Your Spyder Roadster Team

joet
11-07-2007, 08:35 AM
well lamonster another great site! just like the 109 site. well traded in my 109/wsidecar & suzuki DL1000 on the new spyder, just turned both in on sat, now I am #2 on the list since feb w/my deposit & still waiting....???? should be this week or next I hope, but as you see BRP had a lot of great hype up front but fell way short on the delivery of these things. hope this all works out. also have you seen the prices on accessories!!!!#$%& hope you are working on some stuff as we speak! thanks for the great site

joet
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
my dealer Filers Powersports Macedon, NY just got the on line invoices for his 3 spyders, mine should be here this week he told me on sat

AnthonyG
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
The article on BRP's site still does not tell us people that ordered early when we can expect delivery. People that ordered in February and March are still wating. Like myself I was told that mine would be on the dealers first shipment. My dealer was told that he was getting 4 of his intial order of 9 units. Well now things have changed again and my dealer received three. Two yellow and one silver. Being I am number three and ordered in March I now have to wait as my dealer has told me that the second yellow one has to stay on their floor as a demo. They told me when they get the next order in that the one on the floor is mine. That is like taking a demo refrigerator from Home Depot. You get something that people have been all over, open and closed, climbed on scratched and dented and now looks used. (But, Home Depot discounts their demo's that sit on the floor)

The other problem with this is when is the next delivery? It could be in weeks or it could be in months. Regardless you would think that if you ordered this early that BRP would try to take care of their early customers first. At the very least give some better communication as to when these people could expect delivery. They have to have some type of idea on what they can deliver to the dealers in the next month. I just don't like the vague answer that I have received and I am sure that if BRP was waiting on parts from one of their suppliers they would not like this kind of answer as well.

Lamonster
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I feel your pain. :(

2faston3
11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
nitromotorsports:

If I was you I would not take the demo for a couple of reasons , (1) unless you want to. (2) he gives you a couple of thousand off and you want it then.

Otherwise you should wait patiently :edit:(hard) for a brand new one that hasn't been malled, sat on ,kicked ,pawed or otherwise mishandled.

I believe it is your right to accept a "new" Spyder for the money you paid and the wait you endured.

Enough said!

2faston3

joet
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
don't buckle Wait for your NEW spyder like you bought!