PDA

View Full Version : Break Light keeps coming on

Questions
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I have done just about every thing bleed the lines put new back breaks on. The dealer tells me to just add break fluid and it should be ok well it isn't. Is there anyone out there knows what to do? Please help:sour:

Arr MiHardies
08-18-2012, 09:55 PM
You aren't perhaps riding the break with your foot are you? Perhaps the brake sensor needs adjustment?

AbNormy
08-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Conditions? :yikes: Brake released? Engaging ?

johnwinslow
08-19-2012, 10:18 AM
which brake light? the warning on the console or the rear.

Questions
08-19-2012, 05:18 PM
You aren't perhaps riding the break with your foot are you? Perhaps the brake sensor needs adjustment?
No! I have had it in to the Dealer about 5 times for the same thing They clear it out and in about 2 months later it comes on again. Any Idea what to do?:yikes:

Questions
08-19-2012, 05:21 PM
which brake light? the warning on the console or the rear.It is the light on the console ! Any Ideas what to do!:yikes:

skeetshooter
08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Do ever use the e brake?Mine did same thing after checking everything i push the e brake lever on hub back and it went out no more trouble.

coz
08-19-2012, 05:44 PM
you might want to find a new dealer if they couldn't figure out that one.:banghead:
where did that post go , randy ?:roflblack::rolleyes:
there are some good videos on parking brake adjustment, in the d i y section.

arntufun
08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
No! I have had it in to the Dealer about 5 times for the same thing They clear it out and in about 2 months later it comes on again. Any Idea what to do?:yikes:

You really need to be more specific....... What light is on, there is no brake light on the dash unless it is a fault code ????

If it is an explanation point that has nothing to do with the brakes. That is a parking brake light and there is a micro switch on the back of it that is not dis-engaging all the way. Easy fix for anyone who has a clue about the Spyder. You really need to find a new dealer if they can't fix that one.

Sorry Coz, I had to edit it.