PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up Spyder Today

Briteruby
08-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I am new to this forum, found it a couple weeks ago when I got serious about finding a :spyder2:. I have wanted a bike for 15 years and as things changed in my life, it was not practical. I made the decision two years ago when my husband passed that I was going to get myself to a place where I felt I could comfortably do it. As it turned out the first night I logged on in chat, I met a member on here who had just the one I needed right here in the Augusta area.(I had been surf shopping for nearly 15 months, but had not found what I thought was the one) I went and looked at it the next day, decided it fit exactly what I needed and happily got to bring it home today. Took my first ride this afternoon after watching the video. Its true about anyone being able to do it. Today was the first time I had ever ridden anything. I am not ready to take on the busy roads yet, but got a trip coming up in September with a group going to Asheville that I plan to be ready for. Looking forward to New Ride, New Places, New Friends.
Tiffany

mrfats
08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Welcome to Spyder World!!

Netminder
08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
:welcome:Enjoy the ride!!

GadgetGuy442
08-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Congrats BriteRuby on your new ryde!

All the best,

Bill

Ivorspyder
08-18-2012, 08:16 PM
:congrats::2thumbs:Welcome and enjoy the ride.

donnellpj
08-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the party, Tiffany!

This is a great community, so if you have any questions, shout them out.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your new adventures!

Be safe, and Ryde hard.

--Pete.

d.o.spyder-rts
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
:congrats: and :welcome: to the family! if you haven't checked out the do's and do not's for new spyder riders please do so. Dale

Spydee8
08-19-2012, 12:47 AM
:congrats: Welcome to the family!! Hope you enjoy your new ryde!!

Dee

Rar
08-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome Briteruby. Happy Spydering. :clap::welcome:

spyder-dude
08-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Congrats! :2thumbs:

spyder3
08-19-2012, 09:10 AM
:congrats: and take it slow, you will learn to love it!

TeddyBearHohma
08-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I still haven't gotten to see mine. It's in Ohio waiting to be transported to NC for me. It ships sometime this week with a delivery in the next two-three...Don't ask me why it takes 3 weeks to go 10 hours away but hey, who am I to complain. I can't wait to see her and take her out on my first ride!!!

FaranH
08-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I love hearing stories like these - I hope you enjoy every moment on your Spyder! Congrats!:clap:

Daisyjoe
08-19-2012, 11:51 PM
WELCOME!!!

CyncySpyder
08-20-2012, 03:40 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

I think this link to another thread might be very helpful for you as you start your new Adventures as a Spyder Ryder http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners Its the best thread I've EVER seen for all of the Ins & Outs of Learning ALL about your new SPYDER. Hope you have fun and that we get to meet someday at one of the many Spyder Event.

:yes:ENJOY:yes:

GloryRyders
08-20-2012, 06:35 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...........ryde safe!

SpyderSue
08-20-2012, 10:22 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

I think this link to another thread might be very helpful for you as you start your new Adventures as a Spyder Ryder http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners Its the best thread I've EVER seen for all of the Ins & Outs of Learning ALL about your new SPYDER. Hope you have fun and that we get to meet someday at one of the many Spyder Event.

:yes:ENJOY:yes:

This is a great thread - read it now, read it again tomorrow, and then next week. New skills will reveal themselves to you as you learn and grow on your Spyder. Congrats and welcome to our world!!!! Hugs, SpyderSue

AbNormy
08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Welcome to your new life! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

Jharpo
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
:clap:
this is a world like no other. Just ryde, ryde, and ryde some more and you'll surprize youself how comfortable you will feel. I remember that day like yesterday. One morning after ryding a few months I was on my way to work at 6:30 am when I realized I was singing as I was going down US 41. I knew then I could go anywhere and truely enjoy the freedom. Oh yeah did I mention that I will be 69 in a couple of weeks and I ryde any chance I get. Enjoy and keep smiling.

deligrl
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Congrats on your new ride.:thumbup: Have fun and be safe.

Brew crew
08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
:welcome: Congrats on your new ryde! The more you ryde, the more comfortable you will get. When we picked up ours, I had to drive her home from the dealership - an hour and a half away all freeway driving! My DH couldn't because they didn't have the helmet he wanted - I didn't tell him but I was shaking to the core! But wouldn't let on - just persevered and I did it! :yes::yes: I go on rydes all by myself just to get the feel and to increase my comfort. The more I ryde the better I feel. So just keep going! I finally told him about a month later how nervous I was and he couldn't believe it! LOL Now he has a hard time keeping me home. He is actually feeling that if he is ever going to drive it we may have to gt another on so he has his own! :roflblack:

harrypottar
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Harry

Rar
08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
:clap:
this is a world like no other. Just ryde, ryde, and ryde some more and you'll surprize youself how comfortable you will feel. I remember that day like yesterday. One morning after ryding a few months I was on my way to work at 6:30 am when I realized I was singing as I was going down US 41. I knew then I could go anywhere and truely enjoy the freedom. Oh yeah did I mention that I will be 69 in a couple of weeks and I ryde any chance I get. Enjoy and keep smiling.

I really look forward to that day. I've had my RT for 18 days and my license 21. I'm still pretty skittish at times, but try to ride every day.

Moosemanj
08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
:congrats::welcome:. Enjoy the Ryde!

Briteruby
08-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I am glad to read some of the posts like this because I am loving it and at the same time facing fear. I really wasnt expecting that. Practicing in the parking lot is one thing, but when on the road sharing with other drivers, it becomes much more intimidating.

:welcome: Congrats on your new ryde! The more you ryde, the more comfortable you will get. When we picked up ours, I had to drive her home from the dealership - an hour and a half away all freeway driving! My DH couldn't because they didn't have the helmet he wanted - I didn't tell him but I was shaking to the core! But wouldn't let on - just persevered and I did it! :yes::yes: I go on rydes all by myself just to get the feel and to increase my comfort. The more I ryde the better I feel. So just keep going! I finally told him about a month later how nervous I was and he couldn't believe it! LOL Now he has a hard time keeping me home. He is actually feeling that if he is ever going to drive it we may have to gt another on so he has his own! :roflblack: