PDA

View Full Version : NEGATIVITY BREEDS NEGATIVITY!

stonetablet
10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
:joke:I KNOW EVERYONE IS EXCITED AND IMPATIENT ABOUT GETTING THEIR ROADSTER. WHY NOT CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY AND TALK ABOUT WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO RIDE. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PARK IT? ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT PAINTED? IS YOUR HELMET GOING TO MATCH? WILL YOU LET ANYONE ON IT? IF YOU TRY TO MAKE IT MORE POSITIVE IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KOW IT.GO AHEAD AND START GATHERING DETAILS OF YOUR DESTINATION.YOU CAN ADD THE DATES LATER. I HOPE THIS TO BE A POSITIVE AND EXCITING WAY TO ANTICIPATE THE ARIVAL OF YOUR PET SPYDER!

Lamonster
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
:welcome:
Well if mine shows up anytime soon I'm going to ride mine from East TN to San Diego with another SpyderLover. How about you? :doorag:

smokster
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
I am not going to ride it...just want to sit on it.
CA mountains baby !

VIspyderman
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Great idea for a thread. When I get mine... I'm gonna ride from Courtenay to Victoria. Want to show it off to my sisters. Vancouver Island only has one Spyder dealer, and I'm getting the 1st one. That means I'll be the only head turner for a while. So looking forward to it. I've already got 1300 kms on Spyders. Had 2 at the dealership for 13 days for demos and got to ride it home every night.
Mark

DLPeace
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I think i want to get somebody to airbrush something on mine everyday i'm thinking of something
new to do with my spyder. ;D

Spyd3r
10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Any body getting personalized plates? I am getting B1TTEN

stonetablet
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
SINCE THEY ARE UNIQUE THE LOCAL PAINT SHOP MIGHT GIVE A DISCOUT

gosurf
10-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Great thread! I stopped posting for a while because I felt that there was too much negativity.

I received a letter today stating that my jacket will be here in a few weeks, and that gets me one step closer to the first "dream ride": I'll take Pacific Coast Highway south from Huntington Beach down to Laguna Beach (think sunshine and waves). On the way home, I'll ride through the canyons--lots of twists and turns. I'm down the waiting list, so it's nice to think about how fun I will have when it arrives. By the way, BRP will be in So. Cal in November, and they are providing demos for Spyder owners for a ride up to the mountains. Hope to see some of you there.

Spyderman
10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Negativity? I'll give you negativity! How about the fact that I have to work 5 days a week which only leaves me to and from work, nights and weekends to ride my Spyder, Then the wife is on my back about the fact that it is "her bike" so I have to deal with that. What about all the questions I have to answer, stares I have to endure and pictures taken when I take it to it's first "Bike Night" this Saturday. You guys are whinin because you don't have yours yet. YOU JUST WAIT!!!! :joke:

Diggittt
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Since I am one of two who have purchased a Spyder here in Bakersfield, California and both of us are due to receive ours in January. It feels great to know that you will have what everyone else will be trying to get. So with that I will ride the hell out of it all over town stopping traffic..... Then I guess I will take the wife over to Pismo and down the coast through Santa Barbara to Thousand Oaks and maybe down to see the in-laws in Long Beach and home again..... But before we do all of that my brother in-law is going to customize the paint for me since I am a die hard OAKLAND RAIDER FAN and you know I purchased the full moon model....I can't wait.....

Diggittt

smokster
10-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Great thread! I stopped posting for a while because I felt that there was too much negativity.

I received a letter today stating that my jacket will be here in a few weeks, and that gets me one step closer to the first "dream ride": I'll take Pacific Coast Highway south from Huntington Beach down to Laguna Beach (think sunshine and waves). On the way home, I'll ride through the canyons--lots of twists and turns. I'm down the waiting list, so it's nice to think about how fun I will have when it arrives. By the way, BRP will be in So. Cal in November, and they are providing demos for Spyder owners for a ride up to the mountains. Hope to see some of you there.

I am in Newport Beach, CA...when is BRP coming to let us ride in the mountains?

gosurf
10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Here is the info from SpyderRyder.com

Event information:
Spyder Owner Ride: Join us for a scenic ride up North to Mt Baldy and back along historic Route 66

Where: The Fairplex in Pomona, CA during CA Bike Week – Meet at the Spyder Demo Area for breakfast beforehand

Cost: FREE to current Spyder owners and certificate holders

When: 8am-10am on Saturday, November 10, 2007

Who can participate: Current Can-Am Spyder owners and certificate holders
How: Email spyderteam@brp.com Reservations will be made on a first come, first serve basis. The first 12 certificate holders to RSVP to spyderteam@brp.com will be confirmed for this Spyder Owner Ride.
Deadline: Register by November 7, 2007
As a token of our appreciation, all certificate holders or owners that stop by the Spyder VIP Tent from November 9th-10th will receive free admission to CA Bike Week for that day. You are also welcome to join us in the Love Ride on Sunday, November 11, 2007. Participation in this event benefits Muscular Dystrophy.

What you need to ride:
Motorcycle endorsed license where applicable
Must be 21 years of age
Long pants
Closed toe shoes
Helmet
Eye protection

bjt
11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I would like the wife and I (getting 2 Spyders) to take a back roads trip to Mackinaw bridge, shoreline cruise, something like that. Of course, the Michigan shoreline in March may be a bit nippy!

smokster
11-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Here is the info from SpyderRyder.com

Event information:
Spyder Owner Ride: Join us for a scenic ride up North to Mt Baldy and back along historic Route 66

Where: The Fairplex in Pomona, CA during CA Bike Week – Meet at the Spyder Demo Area for breakfast beforehand

Cost: FREE to current Spyder owners and certificate holders

When: 8am-10am on Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sounds fun
What if my bike did not arrive..will they provide one?

Who can participate: Current Can-Am Spyder owners and certificate holders
How: Email spyderteam@brp.com Reservations will be made on a first come, first serve basis. The first 12 certificate holders to RSVP to spyderteam@brp.com will be confirmed for this Spyder Owner Ride.
Deadline: Register by November 7, 2007
As a token of our appreciation, all certificate holders or owners that stop by the Spyder VIP Tent from November 9th-10th will receive free admission to CA Bike Week for that day. You are also welcome to join us in the Love Ride on Sunday, November 11, 2007. Participation in this event benefits Muscular Dystrophy.

What you need to ride:
Motorcycle endorsed license where applicable
Must be 21 years of age
Long pants
Closed toe shoes
Helmet
Eye protection

smokster
11-02-2007, 06:51 PM
What if your bike has not arrived, will they provide you one?
Also, never got a certificate, yet I am 8 on the list...does everone have one of these?
I called my dealer and he has no idea what this is...surprise, surprise...anyone know?

Spyd3r
11-02-2007, 09:05 PM
The one just got has BOSSEb-Sales-Can-Am Spyder Pre-sold units. He should know what BOSSWeb is. That is where they check order status. If you send me your e-mail. I can return an attachemnt with a copy of one.

smokster
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
The one just got has BOSSEb-Sales-Can-Am Spyder Pre-sold units. He should know what BOSSWeb is. That is where they check order status. If you send me your e-mail. I can return an attachemnt with a copy of one.

i got it thanks
It basically is just my receipt
The dealer had no idea what the certificate was...surprised?

gosurf
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
It's my understanding that they are providing the first 12 owners who register with demos for the ride in So. Cal. When I registered for the ride I made it clear that I wouldn't have my Spyder by then--I pretty far down the list, so I'm sure my Spyder won't be here by the demo ride and I will need to use one of theirs. As for a certificate, I have no idea what that is either--I just plan to bring a copy of my receipt.

smokster
11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
See you in Pamona

joet
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
:joke:I KNOW EVERYONE IS EXCITED AND IMPATIENT ABOUT GETTING THEIR ROADSTER. WHY NOT CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY AND TALK ABOUT WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO RIDE. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PARK IT? ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT PAINTED? IS YOUR HELMET GOING TO MATCH? WILL YOU LET ANYONE ON IT? IF YOU TRY TO MAKE IT MORE POSITIVE IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KOW IT.GO AHEAD AND START GATHERING DETAILS OF YOUR DESTINATION.YOU CAN ADD THE DATES LATER. I HOPE THIS TO BE A POSITIVE AND EXCITING WAY TO ANTICIPATE THE ARIVAL OF YOUR PET SPYDER!

the negative side of things does not appeal to all., but I do like to hear the other side. this whole spyder thing started out great. all the hype up front, fancy web site w/videos, interviews, jay leno, launch parties, test rides I took several my self also got in # 2 at the dealer put my $1000.00 down site unseen back in feb or march just had to have one. well here it is nov and we in upstate ny have not seen a spyder. have heard a lot of horror dealer stories overchaged on delivery & set up. dealer told me mon, this week delivery, on tues dealer called (which these guys have been great Filers Powersports) now it will be week of the 15 th. so I can see why there are so many pissed off people who did get in on the ground floor with there hard earned $$$. the mfg should have contacted each person who ordered the first 600 made, personally & explain what was going on & kept their dealers updated daily. just my 2 cents. & I will wait because I want one that bad. the accessories are out of this world expensive so I hope lamonster gets his & rips it apart & comes up with some cool affordable mods. backrest first (BRP cost $700 + dollars, just insane) everybody enjoy riding the spyder :bigthumbsup:

DLPeace
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
the negative side of things does not appeal to all., but I do like to hear the other side. this whole spyder thing started out great. all the hype up front, fancy web site w/videos, interviews, jay leno, launch parties, test rides I took several my self also got in # 2 at the dealer put my $1000.00 down site unseen back in feb or march just had to have one. well here it is nov and we in upstate ny have not seen a spyder. have heard a lot of horror dealer stories overchaged on delivery & set up. dealer told me mon, this week delivery, on tues dealer called (which these guys have been great Filers Powersports) now it will be week of the 15 th. so I can see why there are so many pissed off people who did get in on the ground floor with there hard earned $$$. the mfg should have contacted each person who ordered the first 600 made, personally & explain what was going on & kept their dealers updated daily. just my 2 cents. & I will wait because I want one that bad. the accessories are out of this world expensive so I hope lamonster gets his & rips it apart & comes up with some cool affordable mods. backrest first (BRP cost $700 + dollars, just insane) everybody enjoy riding the spyder :bigthumbsup:

Your the man 8)