PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ON SPACETRUCKER JOHN

sealfloorboards
08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
YES, THERE IS A HIGHER POWER! John Called me this morning from the Intensive Care unit at the LA VA, His first words were "I have a ton of bricks sitting on my chest." His speach was quite good. He did have several strokes and heart attacks. He had complained a couple of times lately that he was tired. His heart was slowly giving out. He did have a heart transplant. A young man wat to give it to another man who was just too late and John was a match. Go figure. He has good mobility on his left side but limited arm and leg movement on his right. He is assuming, at this point, that his riding days are thru, but that remains to be seen. He will be moved to the Balboa Naval Hospital in a couple of days for some intensive rehab. No way of knowing how long he will be there. The important thing is that he is alive and mentally sharp. His sense of humor was still there as he made a few wise cracks about the nurses. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. There is no doubt in my mind that they help. I'll keep you all posted here as I talk to John More.

Pray with passion,
John
Seal FloorBoards

Camdenlake
08-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow great news. Seems meant to be. I think he can ride again. Hes been through a lot by the sounds of it. Some rehab and a positive attitude can do wonders.

NancysToy
08-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Thank you for the update...and the good news. Our prayers will continue.

DynamoBT
08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Wonderful news!!! Hope improvement continues in rehab. They can do some fantastic things. Continued prayers and good thoughts for John and his family.

sealfloorboards
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi all,

Many of you are asking how you can get in touch with John. At this point he is very weak and needs his rest. He calls me when he's up to it, I don't bother him. I'm sure he'll be ready to take on all comers once he is in rehab. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming his way.

Ride in comfort.

John
SealFloorBoards

SteveMac
08-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the update. Hoping and praying for continued improvement. Tell John a big HI from all his SpyderLovers friends!

spyder3
08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
:agree:...:pray::pray:

warp10
08-17-2012, 07:28 PM
thanks for the update, great news. There is a good chance that he will regain all use of his limbs. :pray:

MMcc
08-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I really enjoy these story book outcomes. Prayers and good thoughts will continue.

bruiser
08-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Great news. Thanks for the update.

Blue Star
08-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Not done praying for John. He will be healed, he will be whole, and he will ryde again; So be it.

YumaJim
08-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I know John mentioned he wanted to sell his Spyder because he'll never ryde again. He's making an unbelievable recovery in a very short time. Months of intensive rehab are ahead of him. I suggested to him today to take one day at a time and possibly wait on selling his Spyder. I've been in healthcare for over 40 years and have seen many miracles involving the human spirit and belief in a higher power. Never say never. I agree, Spacetrucker will ryde again. Are prayers continue Big Guy!

CyncySpyder
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Teddy and I will still be :pray::pray:'n for him every night :bowdown:

Cavman
08-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the update. Passed this along to others who are praying for him.

Get well John!

spyder2u
08-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Ordered floorboards last week from him so I could start back riding after my stroke 1 1/2 years ago
Complete loss right side but going to try riding a spyder, been riding 45 years gotta try
Kept my Ultra for entire time then traded for 2012 Limited when time was right, still can't do 2 wheels
New to forum but have communicated to John via email - Tell him I know he can do this with his bikers willpower
Best Wishes Sam
Spyder2u

Tru-Blue
08-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the Great update sealfoorboards John! :bowdown: I am so happy to hear that he has made such great advances in his recovery this far! I am looking forward to spending time with John and sharing some good stories in the near future.

SPACETRUCKER John I was so happy to have spent time with you riding from south of Portland to Eureka for SITR. Our chats will always make me laugh! I am lookin for you to make it back up this way so we can just sit and have a cup of coffee or coke?
Prayers and thoughts are still coming your way brother?

Keep in touch my friend,
Patrick

Ga Blue Knight
08-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Never say never! I had cancer in 2002 and thought it was all over started to get better then had two more bouts in 2005 and then really thought it was all over so I sold all of my riding gear, jackets, helmets etc to include my two motorcycles! Well guess what? I'm still here and riding my second Spyder. With the guy upstairs all things are not only possible but for a purpose unknown to us.

John keep up your spirit and have a goal of riding again. It will give you a direction to return 100%

Bob Denman
08-18-2012, 07:05 AM
So far; so good! :2thumbs: More prayers are on their way! :pray:

Smokinspyder
08-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear is ok .:yes:

bmwlarry
08-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I agree with Yumajim! Keep the bike......and keep the faith!

Bob Denman
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I think that it's amazing that folks are already saying that they're glad that he's going to be okay after going through strokes and heart transplant surgery so recently. :thumbup:
God Bless his medical team too! :firstplace:

Lamonster
08-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm sorry but I am confused as to who had the heart transplant and stroke. Is Spacetrucker John and John SealFloorBoards the same guy? I'm having a real hard time following this. Sorry

NancysToy
08-18-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry but I am confused as to who had the heart transplant and stroke. Is Spacetrucker John and John SealFloorBoards the same guy? I'm having a real hard time following this. Sorry
Different folks...they are friends.

Camdenlake
08-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah two Johns i got lost in the last bit of this thread thanks for clearing it up. Well wishes continue.:pray::pray:

Lamonster
08-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Different folks...they are friends.

Thanks. Still same concern. Prayers are with you Bro.

ARtraveler
08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. Thoughts and :pray: go with you for a speedy recovery.

spacetrucker
08-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Hello to all, this spacetrucker ak- John w. Iam one that is down and out. It's not John from seal foor.. Aim ok some what but still down, and out. My right side not working at all. So my Cw.. Is doing the typing for me, I have a long trip back to ever riding, still hookup to life support but still kicken. You all have a great riding summer that's left out their .. John w. ( spacetrucker ) seya

SteveMac
08-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Hang in there John. Lots of support out here for you. Hope to see you again soon. And hopefully on 3. Continue to heal bro.

boomerkc
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
are being sent up for you. All we want is for you to be well, regain you mobility and keep your sense of humor. Hope all of us will be able to see you in the near future.

Jim

Bob Denman
08-19-2012, 07:21 AM
it's good to hear from you, John!! Just keep doing what they Doctors tell you to! :thumbup: It's a pain in the butt, but it will certainly play out for the best in the long haul!
(Besides; for as much as they cost; who'd want to waste their advice? :shocked:)

DocRags
08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Praying for you, Spacetrucker, and for the medical team caring for you. :pray::pray:Try not to get too discouraged as you recuperate. A positive attitude can make all the difference in the world. Spyderlovers from all over have you in their thoughts and prayers.

Questions
08-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Hello to all, this spacetrucker ak- John w. Iam one that is down and out. It's not John from seal foor.. Aim ok some what but still down, and out. My right side not working at all. So my Cw.. Is doing the typing for me, I have a long trip back to ever riding, still hookup to life support but still kicken. You all have a great riding summer that's left out their .. John w. ( spacetrucker ) seya

Hey John! Best wishes to you from me and Michael. We had a great time with you in the redwoods. I suppose this puts a temporary postponement on our ice cream social but I'm still going to hold you to it! We'll take you on one of our bikes if we have to!get better soon!

SpyderGirl
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Fantastic news!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear this!! Prayers still coming his way. Keep the good news coming. :) :)

Spyder Cat
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM

So glad to hear from you John W! Glad to read of your recovery process so far.
You've still got a lot of miles to go and lots of friends waiting to ride with you again.

After communicating with you in SL & FB for so long, it was such a treat to finally get to meet you
and the gang on your way to SITR just a few weeks ago.
Vaughn and I are following your recovery process with great interest and sending up prayers for your complete recovery.

Thanks John A for the updates.
Keep 'em coming!
Never Never Never Never stop kickin!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

WingmanRT
08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Glad you're still kickin' John! If you're on the road to recovery that means you are headed in the right direction... as opposed to some of the rest of us ;)
Keep on truckin!

Ivorspyder
08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Am glad you are on the road to recovery.I wish you everything of the best and may you heal quickly.

bruisersbaby
08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Continued prayers for you for healing, and your family for comfort and strength. God bless!

Camdenlake
08-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Great to hear an update. We are pulling for you in this spyder house.