PDA

View Full Version : Headset question

Arr MiHardies
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
With the rt and the cb setup, when you plug your headset in, does ALL audio including music, get routed to your helmet? Or just the cb communication? If all audio is routed, can it be set up so only cb communication comes to the headset?

UKBLUE1
08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
All Ipod, radio, CB everything come thru headset. Works great. If you hear one thing you hear it all. There is no seperating anything.

Gene

SpydherLuv
08-16-2012, 08:23 PM
You can mute the radio/iPod while still able to hear the CB, and conversely the CB can be muted (i.e. turned off) while still able to hear the radio/iPod. There are times that I get a lot of CB static and don't have the need to use it so I mute the squelch which basically turns it off.

CMA Cowboy
08-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Recommend reading your manual and experiment with the audio settings. Of course do this in your garage and not moving down the road.

Arr MiHardies
08-16-2012, 08:31 PM
All Ipod, radio, CB everything come thru headset. Works great. If you hear one thing you hear it all. There is no seperating anything.

Gene

I dont want to be wired to the spyder via helmet headset, so I was looking at the sena SR10 to connect everything to via bluetooth to my existing headset. however, this seems to be about the only option, and only transmits mono, which is fine for CB, but I'd rather keep my music coming through the RT speakers. Therefore, I think I'll be passing up the RT Cb radio, and probably just use a either a midland handheld cb, or a 2 way radio... I just wish there were a way to use the built in PTT button with a 3rd party system.

Arr MiHardies
08-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Recommend reading your manual and experiment with the audio settings. Of course do this in your garage and not moving down the road.

Can't do that if I don't yet have the CB setup. These questions are so I can decide which route I want to take for communication.

Arr MiHardies
08-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Why doesn't anyone make something that is BOTH a CB radio and a 2-way radio in one. 2 way better for small group communication, but sometimes you want a better broadcast.

SpydherLuv
08-16-2012, 10:14 PM
On the BRP CB/comm, if you don't want the music to come thru the helmet speakers, you can set it to pipe thru the external speakers only, helmet only, or both. The CB/comm will only come thru via the helmet speakers. When you're listening to music (radio or iPod), and someone talks to you thru the CB, the radio/iPod will mute until they release their PTT button and vice versa when you push your PTT button. I believe it's the same for passenger communication.

Arr MiHardies
08-17-2012, 12:45 AM
On the BRP CB/comm, if you don't want the music to come thru the helmet speakers, you can set it to pipe thru the external speakers only, helmet only, or both. The CB/comm will only come thru via the helmet speakers. When you're listening to music (radio or iPod), and someone talks to you thru the CB, the radio/iPod will mute until they release their PTT button and vice versa when you push your PTT button. I believe it's the same for passenger communication.

This tells me what I needed to know. Thanks! Now to figure out If I can find a series of adapters that will let me hook the CB up through my bluetooth headset via something like the Sena SR10

SpydherLuv
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
This tells me what I needed to know. Thanks! Now to figure out If I can find a series of adapters that will let me hook the CB up through my bluetooth headset via something like the Sena SR10
If you're referring to the BRP CB, then no-can-do. My understanding is there is no bluetooth adaptor that will fit the CB headset connector on the RT. If you find one, let us know - I'm sure there are many of us who would love to get our hands on something like that. :thumbup:

Arr MiHardies
08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
If you're referring to the BRP CB, then no-can-do. My understanding is there is no bluetooth adaptor that will fit the CB headset connector on the RT. If you find one, let us know - I'm sure there are many of us who would love to get our hands on something like that. :thumbup:

Maybe not directly... But perhaps using two adapters. I notice the sena sr10 has multiple possible adapters available. Perhaps one of these connected to a second adapter will work?

I really don't know what I should do though. My helmet has a shark tooth and my wife and sons helmets have scala riders. My understanding is the shark tooth won't communicate for intercom with the scala riders. At the same time I'd like to add group communications. So do I change out the other headsets, or get a couple of sr10s connected to a two way radio and we just communicate via 2 way? But what about CB? Isn't CB better for the open road? Do the "channels" on different manufacturers 2way radios all use the same frequencies, or does everyone have to use the same brand of 2 way to communicate? so many things to consider, I don't really know what I should do! I'd love to use the built in PTT button, but dont want to be wired to the machine. Ugh!