PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride Suspension in RTS

gazunni
08-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Took Spyder to dealer when I was away at SITA as I was getting a very loud noise intermittently coming from near the front of the machine. Was told it was the air ride suspension pump and if it kept making the noise to take it in to my dealer when we got home as he did not have a replacement pump available. Got home and started the Spyder up this morning and there was no noise at all, not even the normal Pshhhhh of the air ride suspension adjustment. Tried adjusting the air ride suspension with the up and down button and now the normal indicator had turned to orange (as shown in picture) and showing the word manual. Has anyone encountered this before can you suggest what the problem is

CyncySpyder
08-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe it was just "Going" out before, but now it sounds as if your pump isn't working at all, causing the display to tell you that if you want to make an Air Ride Suspension Adjustment, you need to do it manually with the Schrader Valve under the seat. You need to pay a visit to your dealer and have them confirm this and replace your pump. Good luck.

NancysToy
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
If the dealer reflashed your cluster or replaced it, or disconnected or worked on your ACS sensor, that is the likely source of the "Manual" mode indication. Some clusters had the high and low ACS sensor limits set the same, so they won't work in auto. A sensor failure or disconnecting/unbolting the sensor can do the same. Time to see the dealer again.

gazunni
08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
If the dealer reflashed your cluster or replaced it, or disconnected or worked on your ACS sensor, that is the likely source of the "Manual" mode indication. Some clusters had the high and low ACS sensor limits set the same, so they won't work in auto. A sensor failure or disconnecting/unbolting the sensor can do the same. Time to see the dealer again.

Interesting. The dealer that looked at it when I was away indicated that there was an update to the air ride system that had not been done and he did this update.

Where is the ACS sensor and is there anything that I might be able to see visually that might give an indication that it is out of alignment or calibration?

Bob Denman
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks, Sparks! Now I'm gonna go have to squat down and take a peek up under her skirts to find this sensor! :thumbup:

johnwinslow
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
if he did an update a reset on all systems should have happened, try letting all the air out of the valve under the seat with the bike off , then start it up and sit on your bike. the air system should make some adjustments then shut the bike off and let the air out again, if air comes out your compressor is working if no air. it needs the latest software update and some trouble shooting by your service rep.

NancysToy
08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Interesting. The dealer that looked at it when I was away indicated that there was an update to the air ride system that had not been done and he did this update.
Sounds like the flaw was with the update...or they also updated the cluster, but in ther wrong order. The cure is likely to have them insert the gauge block and recalibrate the ACS sensor limits via BUDS. Your system still should work in manual, just not automatically. Push the button once3 to bring up the dispaly, then again repeatedly to raise or lower one notch for each push.

The bike must be in gear for anything to happen
Correct, the Spyder must be running and in gear. The "MANUAL" display in orange should oever appear on ACS equipped Spyders, however, unless there is a problem with the system.

gazunni
08-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Well my Spyder is at the dealer now and they will be replacing the air ride suspension pump. Waiting for one to be delivered and expect my machine to be laid up for close to two weeks before they get one from BRP. Tech indicated that the entire back end of the machine has to come off to get to the air pump, 3 to 4 hours work. Two other machines came in with exactly the same fault. Pump gets very noisy then quits eventually. Sounds like a bad batch of pumps. All machines are 2011 RT's. One of my friends also has 2011 RT and he also said that his pump was starting to make noise.
Anyone experienced this yet?