PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ridin!

Spyderman
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Just picked it up tonight a 6:00. Dealer made a big deal because it was their first Spyder Delivery. Balloons, Pics for their website, just a really great delivery. Took this quick pic at home and then went ridin for a few hours. This thing is such a blast! Smooth ride, handling, cancelling signals, just a whole lotta fun.

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20071024/a/f/5/af5909bf348375a868e5e12e8ae0bb120_large.jpg

Spyderman
10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Just so you guys know, they have a Silver Spyder that is not sold. Any interest call Tim Krygier at West Coast Motorcycles Ft Myers Florida.239-275-5535. Tell em Steve O with the Yellow Spyder told you to give him a call. Hey, I get a $50 credit if you buy!

Lamonster
10-25-2007, 06:36 AM
That is too cool ;D :congrats: :hot: :2excited:
Keep the pictures and reports comming. :doorag:

smokster
10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Anyone who is riding...can you tell me how the heat on the right leg is?
I know they said they fixed the problem, but did they really?

Dilbertian
10-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, I noticed Jay Leno's VIN ended in 0001. Just wondering what your last 4 of your VIN is?

-Tim

Spyderman
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Mine is 0247 and to the other question, you can still feel heat both sides coming off the engine. Not enough to bother you in long pants but I would not recommend shorts!

smokster
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Thats kinda a bummer that the heat is there. Must be hard to deal with on a long trip.
Let me know how it is on a long trip, I am sure this weekend will be fun for a few of you out there.
Have fun

spydernation
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Has anyone heard if any Spyders have been delivered to CA other than 001 to Jay? I have been told any day but have no confirmation of shipment.

Lamonster
10-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Has anyone heard if any Spyders have been delivered to CA other than 001 to Jay? I have been told any day but have no confirmation of shipment.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=101.msg625#msg625

barb36jack31
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Great news re your new Spyder!. My dealer got three on Wednesday. I Stopped by on Thursday and they had one set up, but could not get it to program. The second one had "fault codes" and was grounded. The third one had not been put together yet. Not a great start especially when the prospective owners are sitting in the waiting room. The guy who was on the phone with BRP while he tried to get the computer to talk with the Spyder was completely frustrated and did not seem to be familiar with the bike at all. Maybe it is just as well I am further down the list for delivery. Let the service personnel learn about the Spyder and how to set it up out of the crate.

Lamonster
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Great news re your new Spyder!. My dealer got three on Wednesday. I Stopped by on Thursday and they had one set up, but could not get it to program. The second one had "fault codes" and was grounded. The third one had not been put together yet. Not a great start especially when the prospective owners are sitting in the waiting room. The guy who was on the phone with BRP while he tried to get the computer to talk with the Spyder was completely frustrated and did not seem to be familiar with the bike at all. Maybe it is just as well I am further down the list for delivery. Let the service personnel learn about the Spyder and how to set it up out of the crate.

Computers :edit:

Tharkun
10-26-2007, 05:47 PM

May I ask where you are located, would be good to know if it is other than FL. :bigthumbsup:

tfjunkie
10-26-2007, 07:24 PM
B36J31,
Maybe your dealer could use a good aprilia mechanic!
LOL LOL LOL LOL

barb36jack31
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Stopped by the Spyder dealer again this PM. All the gremlins had been chased out of the 3 bikes and they were ready to go. Neither of the two customers on the top of the list had responded to the dealer's phone calls or e-mail that the bikes were ready. I'm sure they will jump right on it and take delivery. I sure would.

I am now #7 on the list for a silver Spyder. Actually don't expect it will show up much before March.

Just a note - The number of the bike in the first production run is on a small plaque set into the handlebar. Looks neat and in good taste.

Spyd3r
10-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Again, these are in FLorida, do you remeber the numbers on the handle bars. BRP has allways said "according to allocation" just wondering if they are staying to that for delivery.

rbnicklin
10-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I got mine 10-25-07. I had put my deposit down on 2-18-07. I ordered mine from Broward Motorsports in Davie, Florida. Mine is # 275 and yellow. The heat on the right side is no more than that on the left leg now. The machine is awsome.

Spyd3r
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
So much for "according to allocation" on deliveries. I ordered mine in Minnesota 02-15-07 and have not heard anything.

Tharkun
10-27-2007, 11:20 PM
So much for "according to allocation" on deliveries. I ordered mine in Minnesota 02-15-07 and have not heard anything.

Having just finished going thru a similar ordering problem with purchasing a Mini Cooper, I'll add my thought of the "according to allocation" term. When I started shopping for a Mini Cooper I soon found there were few on the dealers lots here in the bay area, and to find what you want in options, one needs to order one from the Oxford England Plant. I found out the delivery times varied by several weeks, to several months from one dealer to another. Actually in the sate of Washington there is only one dealer and wait times there can be 6 - 9 months.

This is because BMW allocates the production slots for the Minis to each dealer based on his annaul sales. So when I read this term in my Pre-Order sheet/agreement, I took it to mean that the Spyders would ship to the dealers based upon sales records, dealers would receive shipments in order of their sales record with BRP. ::)