PDA

View Full Version : Trip meters

SpyderDon
08-15-2012, 11:54 AM
For the longest time the trip meters more or less worked when they wanted to, I learned to live with them. But, now I can't get them to work. Anyone else have this problem?

NancysToy
08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
When you go to the trip meter screen, it has to read "pause". If it says "resume". you have accidentally paused it. Each meter must be paused/resumed separately. BTW, it's pretty easy to do if you hit the wrong button when resetting them to zero or selecting the other meter.

Bob Denman
08-15-2012, 12:30 PM
:agree: It's pretty easy to get all sorts of crossed-up in there until the dance routine starts feeling normal... :shocked:

SpyderDon
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys, now it's as clear as mud. Do I hit pause if it's on resume then clear. then resume? I know I've done that and it ain't working. I've actually got a ryde planned tomorrow with a couple of RT ryders and I'll check with them and see how they manage it.

Bob Denman
08-15-2012, 02:15 PM
It should say "Pause". That would mean that it's running; or at least it should be running.:shocked:
If you see "Resume" on the screen, hit it! :thumbup: That would mean that the trip meters are currently paused; a tap of the correct button should start them back up!

ARtraveler
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
That is really a confusing issue. The previous posters have you covered. It happened to me when I bought the 2010 RT and I was getting ready to go have a talk with the dealer about the defective gauge. Then I figured it out.

NancysToy
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
It isn't that confusing. It is asking you what you want to do, not telling you its status. If it asks you if you want to resume, just push the appropriate button once. You have to do so for each trip meter. If yours says "PAUSE" and is still not working, the problem is likely in your gauge cluster, and you should see your dealer.