PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a new rider...

TeddyBearHohma
08-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I am a brand new rider, never rode anything before. Any advice to help me along? I'm attending a MSF course for 2 wheels as NC doesn't have the 3WBRC yet. But I'm sure there is plenty to learn from everyone. I'm in the Military so weekday rides are out unless it's Patriot Guard, but I will be spending a lot of time on my rig on the weekends. I'm looking on advice on all things: Clothes, Safety Gear, Chatterboxes, Mods, Paint Jobs, Licensing tips, etc....

Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you on the road when I return from Afghanistan.

Oldmanzues
08-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank you for your Service. Welcome.
there is athread on here called, I think, "things a new rider should know"
Ask everybody you see if they like or dislike stuff. Wait a little before adding to much to the spyder, see other people stuff. Read this forum. Lots of people will help.
Be safe, both over there and when you get back.
Oldmanzues

juliantrost
08-15-2012, 08:42 AM
I am a brand new rider, never rode anything before. Any advice to help me along? I'm attending a MSF course for 2 wheels as NC doesn't have the 3WBRC yet. But I'm sure there is plenty to learn from everyone. I'm in the Military so weekday rides are out unless it's Patriot Guard, but I will be spending a lot of time on my rig on the weekends. I'm looking on advice on all things: Clothes, Safety Gear, Chatterboxes, Mods, Paint Jobs, Licensing tips, etc....

Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you on the road when I return from Afghanistan.

I have been on the Spyder for 8 weeks now and am still learning. The following link should become your "Spyder Bible" it gives tips that you will find nowhere else:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

bruisersbaby
08-15-2012, 07:04 PM
That's great that you're taking the MSF course. This will give you a lot of knowledge about ryding, whether two or three wheels. Great advice on reading the forums, taking your time and just enjoy. Bruiser, my other half, is 20 years retired Air Force, Seymour Johnson AFB here in Goldsboro.

I've been ryding now a little over a year, and had never ridden anything before either. We get out every time we have a chance.

Thank you for your service. :D

TeddyBearHohma
08-16-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm required to take the MSF course or I can't even bring my rig onto post to park it at my house. I have no other option, it is an Army Regulation that I have to have it. However the Army doesn't provide a MSF course for those of us who ride three wheelers. The are looking into adopting a 3WBRC but no plans as of yet as to when it will be introduced. It takes three years of riding to even apply to become a Rider Coach. So in three years I can apply to be a Coach and help other Spyder/Trike riders earn their MSF but not until then. Hell by then I'll be retiring LOL.

btcherm
08-16-2012, 05:24 AM
you take care over there .from a former army spec.:yes::yes::yes::yes:
and come back a ok:bowdown::bowdown: