PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say SORRY and explain why to everyone we missed saying HI to at Sita..

kawakii
08-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi All,

I just wanted to say sorry to those we didn't get to see or say Hi too at SITA ...we had really looked forward to talking to everyone, etc ...

To explain..we had to leave Saturday in a rush since our dog Maddie has been very ill and we got a call from friends about her that were staying with us at the house we rented as a group. We had to rush her to an ER vet and we then left early Sunday AM heading straight to another ER vet in Manchester NH with her. Maddie went straight to an ER vet in Manchester for an IBD /colitis flare up. She was bleeding and sloughing her intestines from her rectum and puking blood - she was in critical condition. They kept her until tonight and she is home and stable for now.. $1600.00 later. We have spent over 4500.00 on her the last month and a half. She is my service dog since I'm in a wheelchair ( Spinal Cord injury) and my best friend. Doctors say she needs a 3000.00 biopsy and endoscopy it is all soo overwhelming. We want to do everything we can for her and will as long as the vet feels she will get better and is not suffering. We depend on each other... She helps me daily with picking things up etc .. and she emotionally keeps me from bouts of depression but honestly this is about what is best for her I could never watch her suffer or repay her for what she has contributed to my life. We will always do whats best for her no matter what that is. She and our two others fur-kids are our life. We dont have kids but well they are our kids :)

For now please keep us and Maddie in your prayers I am hoping for a recovery and to have the funds to get her there. Being on disability and being able to work only part time is frustrating at moments like this. Guess this is what emergency credit cards are for ... just frustrating especially when we thought we had prepared and kept a emergency Vet/Dog account which had almost 3000.00 in it and now has been wiped out completely.

My 30th birthday is next week ( the 21st )and my family/ friends planned a party for Saturday but I'm considering having them cancel since I'm more concerned about spending time with her. Maybe reschedule .. not in the mood to celebrate. Not until I know whats we can do long term or what is best for her ...

Thanks for letting me explain and vent. Been a very hard few days ....

Again everyone who we didn't get to meet and hope we will in the future. Also, sorry for any e-mails/ PM's I havent returned ... been a hard few days..

Firefly
08-14-2012, 11:53 PM
So sorry to hear about Maddie. Non-dog people won't get the connection you can make with such an animal.

Good luck with everything!

Got any pics??

kawakii
08-15-2012, 12:12 AM

Here are two pictures -- Maddie is the fawn Puggle :) Cooper is the more beagle looking puggle :)

ARtraveler
08-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Our thoughts and :pray: go with you.

CyncySpyder
08-15-2012, 02:49 AM
I guess Teddy sensed the connection you have with your fur-kids and that's why he gravitated over to you guys at the steps where we got to meet you at the closing cerimonies and I'm thankful that he did, as it was great meeting and talking with both of you.

Its so sad to hear about whats going on with Maddie and I know just how frustrating it has to be for you yourself, to see her have to suffer through this. Teddy and I will definately add y'all to our nightly prayer list for sure. If there's anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Bob Denman
08-15-2012, 06:35 AM
You guys are in our prayers! :pray:

SpyderAnn01
08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
I hope she will be okay.

kawakii
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Wanted to give everyone an update on Maddie... She is resting comfortable in her kennel, she managed to eat a little breakfast, and go to the bathroom. She is being such a fighter and we are waiting on our vet to call us back with more news and clarification on when we should schedule more testing. Her blood work is finally back to normal so now it's just keeping it that way and keeping her improving.

Jake and I appreciate all the prayers for Maddie. I'm hopeful that she will continue to improve and we will have a lot more time together as I rely on her a lot and love her even more.

I know that we will find a way to do what needs to be done to get her better :) 51415

smurfette
08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
:pray::pray::pray:

800steve
08-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Good luck with Maddie, we just lost one 2 weeks ago. They are really family members. Steve

kawakii
08-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm so sorry Steve. It is so hard to lose them they are family. Maddie is my family and companion. A lot of people don't understand the relationship that people form with their animals. Maddie and I have a extra special relationship due to my disability - she is the sweetest dog to everyone.

Another update on Maddie -she has continued to rest and the vet said we could give her some solid food tonight. She is still taking a lot of medicine but showing signs of improvement. Once past this episode we can move forward to pinpointing the cause and hopefully stop this from happening again.

IGETAROUND
08-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Our thoughts for a speedy recovery from my 3 Zac the lab, Jaspar the golden and Toby the besingi:clap::2thumbs:

SpyderLady
08-17-2012, 06:48 PM
My prayers are with you and Maddie. I know how difficult it can be when our pets are sick. Please take care and let us know if there is anything we can do!

epiphysis
08-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I would also like to send you best wishes for Maddie.......we have Eli, a wonderful 50 lb guy who literally rescued me!! he showed up at my office and sat patiently in the lobby waiting for me to take him home.......he gets very anxious when we are not near him......I think he barely ate the whole time we were gone!! now he wont let me out of his sight!!!!

Rar
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Bestest wishes for your Maddie. I am so sad you have to experience this agony.

kawakii
08-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks Everyone. Maddie has eaten full meals the last two days and is continuing to take a bunch of medications. She seems to have brightened somewhat but it's hard to see past this last bout of sickness when we have no true cause. Doctors are saying that we will most likely need a endoscopy and biopsy to get a true cause and treatment at the tune of 2800.00 to 3000.00. We are trying to do everything possible to get her better and to fiqure out what is wrong ultimately. We can't do the procedures until she is strong enough to withstand anthestia. We don't want to rush the procedure and lose her o the table either.

Will keep updating as we have more news. I am hoping we get some answers soon.