PDA

View Full Version : New Ryder but already HOOKED!

trafick
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I just got my Spyder three weeks ago. I've already put 1,000 miles on her already and loving every minute of it. Had some withdrawal this past weekend because of the rain, where I couldn't get out on the road but I made up for it yesterday and again today. Never thought that I would be riding a motorcycle. I was always afraid of the two wheel types. I have issues with my back, neck and arms stemming from my military service and never thought that I would be able to ride, without major discomfort, any motorcycle. 'Then along came the Spyder, creaping up besider her' and WOW! A motorcycle that a Disabled Veteran could safely and comfortably ride!! WOOHOO!!! Like I said in the title: I am HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. Looking forward to many long rides and meeting new friends.

Korri

d.o.spyder-rts
08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
:congrats: on your spyder purchase. You've found the right place to have any of your spyder releated questions answered. :welcome:to the family. Dale

ARtraveler
08-14-2012, 01:41 AM
:congrats: on your new ryde. :welcome: to the site. You will find many new friends and lots of information on :spyder2:

CyncySpyder
08-14-2012, 04:08 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

arntufun
08-14-2012, 05:57 AM
:welcome: Did you go to Spyders in the Adirondacks ????? There were over a hundred of us in Lake Placid last Thurs-Sat.

GloryRyders
08-14-2012, 06:25 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...............and thanks for your service!:2thumbs:

retired1
08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome Spyderlover!!. :thumbup:
Nice pic Randy.

deligrl
08-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the spyder purchase. I know exactly how you feel I bought my Rs-s a few months ago and its now a love affair. lol

Netminder
08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome!:yes::yes:Enjoy the ride!:clap:

murphybrown
08-14-2012, 12:09 PM
:agree: your posting here is so :thumbup::ohyea:welcome to :spyder2: ryding and Spyderlovers.....

dick574
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
:congrats: on your new ride. I had the same problem until last July (11'). Ride safe.

donec
08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new:spyder2:. Getting hooked is one of the easiest things to happen. I just can't seem to find enough money to ryde as much as I want to.

trafick
08-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My husband and I did go up to the meet and greet at the Tail O' the Pup on Thursday. We only got our Spyders a few weeks ago and we weren't able to register for the event. We headed back home after the heavy rain stopped, so we could make the 45 minute trip home before it rained again. Next year we'll be there the whole weekend... maybe even get a hotel room, so we can stay right in town.

SPYD3R
08-14-2012, 07:06 PM
welcome to the clutch....
your story is also mine.... i now have 22,000 miles in 2 yrs. and every inch has been great... HOOKED, isn't the word... i call it, "my medication".... so again, welcome, and if you're in the Blue Ridge Mountain area, give me a buss... we'll ride together... we have some of the best SPYDER roads in the nation.....
SPYD3R

I just got my Spyder three weeks ago. I've already put 1,000 miles on her already and loving every minute of it. Had some withdrawal this past weekend because of the rain, where I couldn't get out on the road but I made up for it yesterday and again today. Never thought that I would be riding a motorcycle. I was always afraid of the two wheel types. I have issues with my back, neck and arms stemming from my military service and never thought that I would be able to ride, without major discomfort, any motorcycle. 'Then along came the Spyder, creaping up besider her' and WOW! A motorcycle that a Disabled Veteran could safely and comfortably ride!! WOOHOO!!! Like I said in the title: I am HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. Looking forward to many long rides and meeting new friends.

Korri

Rar
08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My husband and I did go up to the meet and greet at the Tail O' the Pup on Thursday. We only got our Spyders a few weeks ago and we weren't able to register for the event. We headed back home after the heavy rain stopped, so we could make the 45 minute trip home before it rained again. Next year we'll be there the whole weekend... maybe even get a hotel room, so we can stay right in town.

Though from the Adirondacks and only 55 miles away, we were in the same boat and didnt purchase my Spyder until a couple of days before the event. I had a previous commitment on Saturday, but the forecast of rain (being inexperienced) deterred me from participating in the other days. I am looking forward to next year. Hopefully, we will have added the 2nd Spyder to our family.

Ron2andia
08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
:welcome::congrats::ani29:!

LindaG
08-14-2012, 08:59 PM
We have had our spyder 4 days and have 600 miles it already. I to didn't think I would be able ro ride, but can. It is wonderful!:yes:r

jerpinoy
08-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Korri

Thanks for your service, Have fun riding:yes:

ronrico
08-14-2012, 09:44 PM
From one Vet to another WELCOME to the :spyder2:. Enjoy the ride.

DocRags
08-14-2012, 10:41 PM
:welcome::2excited:...oh, boy, there's another member of the group! You'll see that it's a great group of guys and gals. Hope you have many enjoyable rides in the years ahead. The good news is...the :spyder2: has been around longer now, so gas station stops don't take near as long as they used to...join a local :spyder2: riding group if you can. We ride with the Patriot Guard in Pensacola when we're in town, too, but we're usually the only :spyder2: in the group.

FaranH
08-15-2012, 09:21 PM
You won't find a better bunch of people than Spyder riders! :clap:Glad you're enjoying the ride so much!! If you are on Facebook much, there is a group called Girls on Spyders just for us ladies. Find me & friend me and I can add you if you want. Just one more way to connect! :doorag:

btcherm
08-16-2012, 05:44 AM
welcome to the club . ride long and hard.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::firstplace:

Ivorspyder
08-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Congrats on your Spyder.Know exactly how you feel as I have had mine 6 weeks and put 1400 miles on it.Ride safe.:ohyea:

bruisersbaby
08-17-2012, 08:02 PM
From one Vet to another WELCOME to the :spyder2:. Enjoy the ride.

From another vet, welcome and enjoy the wind in your face! It's a great day when you can get out and just ryde!! :clap:
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Spydee8
08-29-2012, 04:23 AM
:congrats:Welcome to the family!!

Dee

napper39
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
:congrats:now make sure to read does and donts for new spyder riders info you need to keep your spyder happy,and ways to never see limp mode,:yikes:that will kill that good feling real fast.so read it and stay a happy spyder rider.:chat:

trafick
10-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I hit 2,100 miles today! Unfortunately, now that I'm back teaching school, I haven't been able to ride as much. I do ride it to school on days that it doesn't rain. Just put on my Can-Am coat, rain pants and gloves and I can handle the 50 degree rides into school. Not going to be able to ride for much longer though. The north country gets cold and snowy very quickly.

Still loving my SpYder!!!

Korri

Paula(Butch2025)
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
:welcome: Glad you've been "hooked", you are in good company!

Phyxius
10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Welcome from a fellow newbie :)

It's great, huh? If you're on facebook join us there too: http://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders