PDA

View Full Version : SPACETRUCKER

sealfloorboards
08-13-2012, 04:16 PM
HI all,

John, aka spactrucker, had a heart attack upon returning from SITR. He is in LA at the VA Hospital. His prognosis is unclear at the moment but feels his riding days are over. He and I rode from Eureka, Ca to Newport, Or. on Thursday after SITR. I stayed in Newport and he continued on to his home. We had a nice lunch in Gold Bach, Or and when I left him in Newport, he seemed fine. I am in contact with his family and will keep you posted as I learn how hes doing. John is a good friend and a man of extreme generosity to anyone in need of help. Please keep him in your heart and prayers. I am not involved in any way with the sale of his RT.

Pray for recovery,

John
Seal FloorBoards

dave01
08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery.

Boriken
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
My prayers are with him and I hope he has a complete recovery.:pray::pray::pray:

Camdenlake
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
A few bits of bad news on the forum these days. Well wishes sent :pray:

Ivorspyder
08-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear this John.Hope he makes a full recovery.

harrypottar
08-13-2012, 05:12 PM
:pray: from MA for a speedy recovery

harry

fastfraser
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
:pray::pray::pray: speedy recovery.

Flight Risk
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Sending Prayers UP^ :pray:

stevedfive
08-13-2012, 06:20 PM
My wife and I have already been blessed with his generosity and his kindness. We will continue to pray for him, his recovery, and his family.
If there is anything my wife and I can do for him and the family, please feel free to contact us. Hopefully, he will be able to have visitors in the
near future and I can personally tell him what an impact he has had on other's lives.
:pray:

NancysToy
08-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I hope he is wrong about the riding. Lots of people have had heart problems and/or surgery, and returned to ride again. Our prayers continue...

spacetrucker
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Hello to all. Up date on dad he has no use of his arms or right leg. He is some what talking but hard to understand him. Dad is in calif va ship down by air plane. On Sunday.. On Friday am is when he had it and Sunday they flew him down to calif for care. Va here not to good, so they sent him down. As for him returning to the Spyder at this time not good. He wants it to go to a good home, the bike is. Mom and me are down here at our other home in Newport, beach calif. this where he will be for rest time. Home phone in Oregon will not be on line but have his cell for him but hard to understand him but some one will be here to take calls help him out. Thks for all the post and help on this. He really dose miss all of you. Thks for now......Cw

nudle
08-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery.

mooneych
08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Best wishes and prayers to all of you. :pray::pray:

Jeriatric
08-13-2012, 07:40 PM

coz
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM

ezduzit
08-13-2012, 08:10 PM
God bless brother, get well and get to Ryding...

CMA Cowboy
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
:pray::pray::pray: from Missouri

bruiser
08-13-2012, 08:49 PM
From NC, prayers for recovery for John and peace for the family.

ARtraveler
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Thoughts and :pray: go with you.

Smokinspyder
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Prayers !!!

NancysToy
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello to all. Up date on dad he has no use of his arms or right leg. He is some what talking but hard to understand him. Dad is in calif va ship down by air plane. On Sunday.. On Friday am is when he had it and Sunday they flew him down to calif for care. Va here not to good, so they sent him down. As for him returning to the Spyder at this time not good. He wants it to go to a good home, the bike is. Mom and me are down here at our other home in Newport, beach calif. this where he will be for rest time. Home phone in Oregon will not be on line but have his cell for him but hard to understand him but some one will be here to take calls help him out. Thks for all the post and help on this. He really dose miss all of you. Thks for now......Cw
Sounds like a stroke. Very sad. We wish him the best on his long road to recovery. :pray:

retread
08-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Praying for him and his family.

john

Tru-Blue
08-13-2012, 11:07 PM
John... I hope all goes well for you and your family! Each of you are in my prayers! Riding with you down to eureka and the trips we took while there were priceless and all because you are a great leader and knew the area.

Take Care and I will be in touch my friend!

Patrick

spacetrucker
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks to you al for the great post. I read them to dad to night and he was sad, but really dose miss all the gang.. He is resting now and I will be here with him to night. Mom is a wing hard time she has lime des, and not well to so it hard on dad with this. But he will be good. Mom resting at the home and walking on the beach, thinking of the old days here. That's where they met. So it's hard but she doing the best. Thks to all. All calls can me done on his cell .. I will try to get them if not leave a messages for him and will play him them. Ok night to all and you all ride safe. Xo to all......Cw

d.o.spyder-rts
08-14-2012, 12:06 AM
:pray::pray::pray: speedy recovery.

+1 from Panama City. Dale

R30SHIRE
08-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Many prayers for you from your Spyder Family in OHIO.

CyncySpyder
08-14-2012, 04:47 AM
:pray: Wish we were closer, as I'm sure some lick'ns from Teddy would help cheer your soul :pray: Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers :pray: every night :pray:

GloryRyders
08-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Continued prayers :pray::pray::pray:

warp10
08-14-2012, 06:26 AM
:pray::pray::pray: from texas, hope he continues to improve.

Bob Denman
08-14-2012, 06:29 AM
More prayers from New York for him and is family... :pray:

spacetrucker
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Hello to all, last night dad had a really bad 2 stroke and now is on life support. we do not know how bad and what it did to him? we will have to wait and see. they open him up and did alot of work but doc say have to wait and see what goes on. just letting you all know. so now I guess I will now really sell the bike for him. will try to post pics but do not know how to get them up on this site? any help would be great, thks. So for now standing buy, and waiting for out come for him .. thks all for all your help. Cw.....

Camdenlake
08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
:(:pray::pray:

Bob Denman
08-14-2012, 10:42 AM
We are all real sorry to hear that this has happened to all of you guys. :shocked:
Be there for him right now; everything else can wait...
More prayers to you guys! :pray::pray::pray:

murphybrown
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I was one who has been blessed many times over by your Dad's (aka John/Spacetrucker) kindness and generosity. Definitely blessed my socks off....continuing to Pray Pray Pray for all of you and please tell your Dad "thanks"....
Karyl/murphybrown

spyderdan
08-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello to all, last night dad had a really bad 2 stroke and now is on life support. we do not know how bad and what it did to him? we will have to wait and see. they open him up and did alot of work but doc say have to wait and see what goes on. just letting you all know. so now I guess I will now really sell the bike for him. will try to post pics but do not know how to get them up on this site? any help would be great, thks. So for now standing buy, and waiting for out come for him .. thks all for all your help. Cw.....
Let us know if there is anything! Anything! we can do for John, you and Bev. We continue to pray for John.

Dan
360-573-2532

SpyRyd
08-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Spyderlovers from far and near have John in their thoughts and prayers. May God be with you in this trying time.

Daisyjoe
08-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Praying for strength for the entire family.

spacetrucker
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello to all. Dad is doing fine so far. New hart in place thks to some here at va the did not make in time, the mach was dead on .Some one was calling to him hold on we have some thing for you hold. We he did now looks ok so far 12 hours in to it. Please DoNot call our home we are not their. on my dads cell while we are at the hous down here. my dads phone was over load. thks for all you have done and said. we will get new up date soon. I also saw some one eles had a fall, I hope hes ok and come thu with colors to. seams thier are a lot that have been hurt this year. never really look here to see what dads doing and all the spyders rides that are on here. ok. so update 3:25 pm west hes doing good on lif support and dose here us paps on bed in coed. Dam ham man he is but thats great tapes about every 4 hours "ok" so look good. all sings ok color well not great yet but soon. mom well not to great resting. so thaks for all of your helps. me going to take a nap ??? ok se-al soon will call when i have time more thks all...:bowdown: ps some neet things on the side to put in. Also how do you up loand pics to this post let me know.....Cw

YumaJim
08-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you John and also with your family. Mary and I had the opportunity to ride with John and John (Sealfloorboards) from Flagstaff to Cuba,Missouri last April. We spent a lot of time together on our 3 day trip as well as throughout Spyderfest. We both stayed a few days after the gala for work on our bikes at Cowtown. John you are a great guy and to hear you might not ryde again breaks our hearts. You get better and take one day at a time. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

Love, Jim & Mary

Blue Star
08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Also how do you up loand pics to this post let me know.....Cw

CW, sorry about your Dad. I met him at SITR last Monday, and I will keep him, your Mom, and your family in my prayers.

To post a picture you scroll down on the screen where you will find a button in-between the Manage Attachments: and Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip that says Manage Attachments. When you click on that button another box will open that says add files on top, and select files on bottom. When you click on the select files it will take you to where the pics are stored on your computer. Then you just click on the pic(s) you want, and click on upload files. Once done uploading the file, the file will be in the bottom box. All you need to do is click insert inline, and then done. The pics will be in your post, but I would not worry too much about pics. We all know what the RT looks like in red, and what the trailer looks like too. Just in case it helps, here is Nancy'sToy's Red RT, and I am sure he can post one with his trailer. Of course this will only help if your Dad's bike was stock. If you still need help up loading the pics let me know. You can email them to me, and I will post them for you. Just let me know and I will PM you me email address.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26376&d=1300370377

vampyregirl
08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
:pray::pray::pray:

Me and my 2 fuzzy kids are praying for him and your family!!!

Cal777
08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
:pray: from south central Va

exwinger
08-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :pray:

bruisersbaby
08-14-2012, 09:23 PM
From NC, prayers for recovery for John and peace for the family.

From both of us. :pray:
:pray::pray:
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pra y::pray::pray::pray::pray:

SpyderGirl
08-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Many prayers to John from his SRA family here in the San Francisco Bay Area. He's a great guy, I am happy to say that I got to spend some time with him up in Eureka. here is to his speedy recovery.

Pincushion
08-14-2012, 11:51 PM
I met John last week at Spyders in the Redwoods, He is a GREAT guy and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Spyder ryders all over the world are pulling for him, he is in our thoughts and we know he will make a quick recovery.

-George

dick574
08-14-2012, 11:51 PM
:pray::pray::pray: from Indiana

Spyder Couple
08-15-2012, 12:16 AM
John,

you must get better as we have a date for ice cream. You said you would buy ice cream if I rode my own spyder to your house.
you were going to show Darrell and I how to get the RTS running better. I have ordered the J&m antennas for both of our bikes. I am going to be ordering the spark plugs and wire that you wanted us to get for the RTS and for my AC.

We are keeping very good thought for a speedy recovery and that you will be able to ride the spyder again.

We are very thankful for you and all your help you gave us on our trip to Eureka. Once we got the battery fully charged we haven't had
any more dead battery. I wish I had the money to buy your bike it is an awesome bike and I know you took very good care of it and I would take care of it till you can ride again. I am hopefully that some day soon you will be riding it again and rocking out to your tunes :yes:and I will be right behind you my friend :doorag:.

All our love and hugs,
Cindy Walter

MickeyFisher
08-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey, John! I'm out of town for two weeks, but I'll be back in Santa Ana on the 2nd. If you're still resting and recuperating in Newport Beach then, let me know of there's anything I can do for you. I'm a short ride away.

Praying for a quick recovery!

Bob Denman
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Another helping of prayers from New York too! :pray::pray::pray:

SteveMac
08-15-2012, 06:45 AM
And more prayers from Missouri. We met at Spyderfest John. SteveMac and ConnieMac sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery! :pray:

murphybrown
08-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Good Morning John: Just want you to know I have added you to my prayer chain...LOTS of people are now praying for you...:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:. Love reading all the posts here...man you have definitely touched and blessed alot of Spyderlovers. Keep on keeping on...we need you back on here!!! Hugs.

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Hang in there Spacetrucker. You are in our prayers.

spydaman60
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray: prayers for you and your family from nj!!!

SpyderGirl
08-15-2012, 04:49 PM
John / CW: On a side note, I am interested in purchasing the red RT-622 trailer if indeed you will have to sell and are willing to separate.

Here is to your speedy recovery and hopes you can get back on your Spyder. Take care! :pray:

Lamonster
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry to say I just now read this post and was shocked to see it was about Johns health. Our prayers are with you Bro. Hang in there for us. :pray:

FaranH
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Praying from Arkansas!:pray:

Dizneyman
08-15-2012, 10:02 PM
:pray: From Florida...Get well my friend

pro10is
08-15-2012, 10:37 PM
We're thinking of you and hoping for speedy recovery. Best wishes to Spacetrucker and his family.

bmwlarry
08-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I too have been a receiver of John's generosity and kindness. I have to admit at first I wondered "whats this guy want?" but I soon came to realize that he is a truly generous fellow who wants only to be helpful and a great friend. I was truly lucky to have such a great guy living so close to my home in Beaverton, Oregon! I always enjoyed it when he would jut drop by to visit. I never rode with him but my plans were to ride with him to Spyderfest 2013. If he is not able to make it it would be a very bitter pill to swallow! So, john my good friend, hang in there, get rest and I will be praying for you recovery and I do look forward to the day we ride together!!

Get well!
Larry and April Kniess

ThreeFeet
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
:pray::pray::pray: and bunches more for your recovery. Prayers for your family too.

Spyder Couple
08-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Everytime I think of you I keep getting the feeling that you will have a great recovery because you are not thru with us yet :bowdown:. There is so much we want and need to learn from you :pray:.

I have ordered the spark plugs and wires for our RTS as you advised us to do from BajaRon. :cheers:
Thinking of you all the time, Take care and get better, we need to ryde with you again .:yes:

Mayhem
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
:pray::pray::pray: from the Black Hills and we hope you have a speedy recovery.

vtrider
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Praying for you from Vermont. Hang in there spacetrucker! :pray:

Spyder Cat
08-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Prayers ascending for you and your family, John.
Appreciate the updates CW.

Schultzi
08-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Just saw the post and I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues.
my prayers go out to You and your family!
I wish you a speedy recovery! Hang in there!

stevedfive
08-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I would just like to send out a good morning to John and his family and pray for them to have a better day than yesterday. :pray: