PDA

View Full Version : Seat Latch Problem

coastrider
08-13-2012, 01:34 AM
My 2012 RT's seat latch won't engage. The pin is misalligned with the hole, perhaps the result of my failure to ensure the seat was latched after refueling. Could my weight on the pin have pushed it out of allignment? Is it adjustable? Thanks for any help you can offer.

AbNormy
08-13-2012, 03:14 AM
My 12 RT seat hinge broke less than 8 k miles. Dealer said they'd warranty it. Keep us posted on how and why plez.

NancysToy
08-13-2012, 08:27 AM
It is adjustable, but you should have the dealer correct it, in my opinion. If it needs warranty replacement, there will be no questions that way.

Firefly
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
You can also just remove the seat latch pin altogether. It's really unnecessary. Your weight will hold things down in place..

Air Force PAO
08-13-2012, 04:16 PM
:) I have a 2010 RT with a Corbin seat. The original seat is in my garage. If you need the latch, I will GIVE it to you. Just PM me. As for the original seat, if anyone wants to buy it cheap, let me know.

SpyderFun
08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
My 2012 RT's seat latch won't engage. The pin is misalligned with the hole, perhaps the result of my failure to ensure the seat was latched after refueling. Could my weight on the pin have pushed it out of allignment? Is it adjustable? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Are you using the original BRP seat (OEM) or an aftermarket one (ie Corbin)? If OEM, than warranty if after market like a Corbin then do a thread search for the problem. This is not the first time this question has come up and there are many threads that address this issue.