PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about lack of care

TxDaddyVern
08-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I bought a 2010 CanAm Spyder RTS off the showroom floor. It has a slight issue, after a long trip or a short trip in the heat, the tank/glovebox/male reproductive area begins to overheat. I have asked the dealer (Woods Honda Fun Center Austin) and they either told me to deal with it, or just never answered back, I sent emails to CanAm BRP from their website and no answer. I noticed the two choices were given here on this forum, either wrap the pipes in heat tape or get them coated in porcelin(spelling?). Are there any other choices? I LOVE my Spyder, and have enjoyed it for the two years, with the exception of this bothersome problem. I don't want to have give it up, someone has to have an answer. Would appreciate all comments and or suggestions. :banghead:

NancysToy
08-12-2012, 09:02 PM
If it is an early 2010, it does not have the insulation in the glovebox area that was added to later RTs, and the foam glovebox insert. BRP sells that kit separately. It might help...but only a little. Is your RT running a a normal temperature (4-5 bars or 4/8-5/8 of the gauge)?

TxDaddyVern
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank you. Now why didn't anyone else tell me that? I'll look for the kit. Yes, on average I'm running about 4/8.