PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seat vs. BRP Comfort Seat

tthuss
08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I am looking into ordering a new seat for my RS. I am trying to decide between the ultimate seat and BRP comfort seat. Is the BRP comfort seat waterproof at all? I know the Ultimate Seat is not waterproof I would need to buy a cover for it. I am not sure I want to ride around with the cover on the seat all the time just in case it might rain. However, i have found the BRP Comfort Seat for $299, so the price is a little more reasonable, just not sure which way to go....:dontknow:, Looking for some good opinions......

Ivorspyder
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I ride on the stock seat with no problems .$299 is a good price for the comfort seat.

tthuss
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I ride on the stock seat with no problems .$299 is a good price for the comfort seat.

I have not had any issues either, I really like how the stock seat looks with my RS, but my "tush" does start to get sore after an hour and half on the bike, i was thinking that another seat might help with that, so I am trying to decide what to do

Colin
08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I have had the Comfort Seat for about a year and find it to be brilliant. I did a charity ride with a fellow Spyder Rider, we did 5800kms in 15 days and there were no butt issues ;). The Comfort seat has stitching but you will really only have a problem if you leave it exposed to rain for too long, have never had any issues with it getting too wet while riding.

tthuss
08-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I have had the Comfort Seat for about a year and find it to be brilliant. I did a charity ride with a fellow Spyder Rider, we did 5800kms in 15 days and there were no butt issues ;). The Comfort seat has stitching but you will really only have a problem if you leave it exposed to rain for too long, have never had any issues with it getting too wet while riding.

That is good to know about it holding up on long rides and in the rain.

spydaman60
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
we have the ultimate mid rider seat on ours and have had it for nearly a month and about 2500 miles. we don't leave the cover on it while we are riding. we only cover it at night when we leave it out, or if it's raining real hard. the ultimate is very, very comfortable. if you have a spouse or girl friend or both that ride with you, the ultimate passenger portion is much more level (parallel) to the ground where the comfort and the stock tend to tilt forward and down. wife always complained that she was sliding towards me. she absolutely loves the ultimate. besides that, it looks great too!:thumbup:

NancysToy
08-12-2012, 08:46 PM
No seat with stitching detail through the seat panels is really waterproof. Some do have another layer of plastic within, to minimize water penetration, but that is often stitched, too. A rain cover is a good idea for all seats, but in practice, few really become real wet while you are riding. If they do, though, or if they sit out in the rain, they don't dry out for days. In heavy rain, we even cover our stock seats.

LLSailor
08-12-2012, 08:55 PM
I got the Comfort Seat right out of the gate, because I felt that the stock seat had me too upright. The big draw was that the ridge was back 2". Wife has enough room, but now on rides I feel like I should be sitting up straighter and the comfort seat is too far back for a back rest to do much good. So... I'm trying to figure out which direction to go. I think I'm gonna need a back rest for longer rides, but to make it useful I probably need to sit further forward.

SpyderRx
08-12-2012, 10:27 PM
What about these 2 seats compared to the Corbin? Which of the 3 is best. I am only around 5' 10" so I tend to sit a little more forward. Which would be best for me?

NancysToy
08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
What about these 2 seats compared to the Corbin? Which of the 3 is best. I am only around 5' 10" so I tend to sit a little more forward. Which would be best for me?
Seats are an extremely individual thing. What fits one caboose is agony for another. If you can attend an event and ask some owners to try their various seats, that would be ideal. Otherwise, you take pot luck. Like windshields, you may have to try a few before you find one that works for you.

Texmac1011
08-13-2012, 09:17 AM

+1

donec
08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Find a dealer and check out their used Spyders they may have one with a custom seat you like then you can find out what kind it is.

DocRags
08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
We've got the Ultimate seat with driver and passenger backrests and just love it. It comes with a raincover made out of Frogg-Togg type material. I agree with the other posts talking about sitting on the different seats to see what you like the best. If you can make it to to a motorcycle rally of some sort (like spyderfest or SITA or Thunder Beach/Daytona Beach Bike Week, etc) the vendors often have seats you can sit on.