PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck and Good luck continues..

Peoriafirefighter
08-12-2012, 04:39 PM
:bowdown:I had the bad luck of having my Spyder break down in Albuquerque, but had the Good luck of having great support from BRP. I was so happy with all their support. Now I had the bad luck of having a lady back up on an off ramp and ran smack into me on the Spyder. Knocked the (custom painted) Hood off, broken fenders and I don't know what else yet. The Good luck I was on the Spyder instead of my Harley or she would have run over me. I didn't break any bones but I have to have a MRI on my shoulder. I think I might of tore something. Those who have seen my bike have seen all my Tricled lights, I checked them after the accident and they all still work! What a quality product and sponsor!!!

donec
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
With drivers like that woman:yikes: no one on the road is safe no matter what they ride / drive. Glad it was not worse and that you'll be ok.

rnet
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
:bowdown:I had the bad luck of having my Spyder break down in Albuquerque, but had the Good luck of having great support from BRP. I was so happy with all their support. Now I had the bad luck of having a lady back up on an off ramp and ran smack into me on the Spyder. Knocked the (custom painted) Hood off, broken fenders and I don't know what else yet. The Good luck I was on the Spyder instead of my Harley or she would have run over me. I didn't break any bones but I have to have a MRI on my shoulder. I think I might of tore something. Those who have seen my bike have seen all my Tricled lights, I checked them after the accident and they all still work! What a quality product and sponsor!!!Dave, good to get things checked all out, could be nothing, but best to make sure. Also check the frame out as this seems to be a weakness.

Camdenlake
08-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I need to see that again. Did you say that a lady backed up an on ramp???? WTF?????

Peoriafirefighter
08-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Dave, good to get things checked all out, could be nothing, but best to make sure. Also check the frame out as this seems to be a weakness.

I definitely will have them do a thorough inspection. The owner of the dealership called me yesterday just to check and see how I was doing. I know they will do a good job.

Lady said she looked in her mirrors and didn't see me. I said what were you thinking. She said she had changed her mind from turning left and was backing up to get in the far right lane to go shopping. Just my luck.

Camdenlake
08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I definitely will have them do a thorough inspection. The owner of the dealership called me yesterday just to check and see how I was doing. I know they will do a good job.

Lady said she looked in her mirrors and didn't see me. I said what were you thinking. She said she had changed her mind from turning left and was backing up to get in the far right lane to go shopping. Just my luck.

WOW Get everything checked out. Hope she had insurance. That sucks. Well wishes you way. Reminds me of an "accident" a few years ago.

Yazz
08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Your Spyder has been through alot lately for sure.

Glad you weren't on your Harley!

Spy+
08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Dave, good thing that nothing happened to you.. All metal and plastic could be replaced. Hope they fix your spyder fast and well. Saludos!!!

bruiser
08-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Must have had Wal Mart on the brain. Glad you're not to banged up.

Ivorspyder
08-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Gald you were not hurt?I had a texting girl collide with me on my Goldwing in June and got away unhurt.

d.o.spyder-rts
08-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Glad to hear your ok. Dale

hrbeta
08-13-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm very glad you came out OK Dave, sorry for your beautiful RS but she can be fixed/replaced. Also hope your old aching body gets a break LOL
Someday our society will understand that NOT everyone is meant to drive, it's funny to listen to the gun control issue when I bet all my marbles, more people are killed/maimed by irresponsible drivers than guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CyncySpyder
08-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Teddy & I are so glad that it was not worse than what it was :bowdown:and that you were on your Spyder. While we were in SITA, our buddy (SporterSpyder=Stan) was in a head on collision with a person that crossed the center line and right into him :shocked: on his Harley:yikes: and he was airlifted to the hospital, just happened yesterday, so I'll go see him when I get off work today. Suppose to be non-life threatening injuries, but he's banged up pretty badly. Just so glad this wasn't the case with you:pray::bowdown::pray: Definately get checked out, and hope they find all is well with you and that your shop has your Spyder as good as new, sooner than later:pray: Teddy and I will say a prayer for you:pray: Stay safe ;)