PDA

View Full Version : Emergency! News Flash - BajaRon's Sway Bar!

BajaRon
08-12-2012, 04:11 PM
It has come to my attention that I have not been clear enough on the fact that the only Sway Bar I have available is for the RS, GS, RS-S ONLY!

I do not yet have any Sway Bar set for the RT

The RS Bar and the RT bar are VERY Different and are NOT Interchangable!

I am very sorry if I inadvertently mislead anyone into thinking otherwise.

Ga Blue Knight
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah but do you have one for the RT?

Sorry couldn't resist! Thanks Ron for all of the great stuff you have brought to us on the forum.:bowdown:

Littlebadwolf
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Put the sway bar on Cindi's RS...It's terrific...Thanks Ron...^

BajaRon
08-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Put the sway bar on Cindi's RS...It's terrific...Thanks Ron...^

I am glad you (she) likes it. It really does make a big difference.

I just want to make sure everyone understands that I do not yet have the RT bar ready. Unfortunately, I had a customer purchase one of my bars and install it on an RT. He assumed I knew he had an RT and I assumed he was putting it on an RS.

Now we're both sorry we didn't speak in more clear terms. And I am very glad nothing bad happened.

A1A
08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I was wondering what the differance is between the stock RT swaybar and the aftermarket unit you will soon be getting? I know the handling is suppose to be far superior to the stocker.

Thanks in advance!

AbNormy
08-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Here's pics of my stock RT sway bar wondered why Rons looked thinner. It is!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

A1A
08-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Thanks for info and pic. Rons must have a higher tensile strength steel.

:cheers:

kinggeek
08-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Maybe because Rons bar is only for the RS and not the RT? Not only does it lookthinner but it is a different shape.

BajaRon
08-15-2012, 10:19 PM
I was wondering what the differance is between the stock RT swaybar and the aftermarket unit you will soon be getting? I know the handling is suppose to be far superior to the stocker.

Thanks in advance!

The RS bar and the RT bar are completely different animals. There is nothing the same about them except that they are both sway bars.

The OEM RS sway bar is a bit less than 13mm thickness. My bar is 14.3mm. Doesn't sound like much but you can tell the difference when you compare them side by side. The difference in stiffness and lean angle of your Spyder when turning is quite a bit.

The OEM RT bar is just under 16mm. The RT is a heavier machine with most of that weight up high making excessive lean even more of an issue than on the RS (even with a heavier sway bar).

The bar I am working on for the RT will be 17.5mm and is sure to make a big difference in handling.

Thanks for info and pic. Rons must have a higher tensile strength steel.

:cheers:

Again, I want to make it very clear that we are talking apples and oranges here. There is no comparrison between the RS and the RT sway bars. I do not know what the tensile strength is for the OEM BRP bars so I can't speak to that aspect. I was more interested in making a sway bar that worked well than trying to find out what the OEM bar spec'd out at.

I can tell you that my bars are being fabricated by one of the premiere sway bar manufactures in the country using high quality spring steel bar. This will give consistant performance from bar to bar as well as longevity in maintaining bar strength over time.

If you get one of my bars I think you will be very pleased as long as you're installing it on the Spyder it was designed for.

I've also discovered that with our relatively light, narrow wheel based Spyders it doesn't take a huge amount of increase in bar size to give you a substantial increase in performance.

GeoffCee
08-16-2012, 04:46 AM
The RS bar and the RT bar are completely different animals. There is nothing the same about them except that they are both sway bars.

I got it in one. When you do, finally, have one for the RT will this entitle me to a discount? Only askin.

I was thinkin, the sway bar being a strange shape an all, if one passed through the British postal service any time soon they'd prolly think it was a javelin that had got bent in the post and straighten it before deliverin it with flowers, an apology, an a promise to do better next time. This country's head is so crammed full with Olympics stuff at the mo, nothin, but nothin, would surprise me. :yikes:

A1A
08-16-2012, 06:40 PM
For the record I also new you only carried the RS bar now. My question was asking for any info on the RT bar. Which I new you are having made in Australia.
AbNormal posted a pic showing a smaller bar verses the stocker for an RT. I'm thinking maybe he purchased his swaybar straight from Australia and a higher tensile strength steel was used. Which would probably make up for the smaller diameter bar and still increase spring stiffness rate over larger diameter stocker.
In future, I will send only a private message to keep the confussion to a minimum.

Thanks Ron

BajaRon
08-16-2012, 07:49 PM
For the record I also new you only carried the RS bar now. My question was asking for any info on the RT bar. Which I new you are having made in Australia.

I am not having a bar made in Australia. There is a gentleman in Australia that has made and is selling a 17mm bar for the RT. I don't have any connection to they guy in Australia or the sway bars he is producing.

The RS bars I am now selling, and the RT bar that I am working on are made right here in the good old USA.

AbNormal posted a pic showing a smaller bar verses the stocker for an RT.

AbNormal posted a picture of my 14.3mm RS bar with his stock 16mm RT bar. Apples and Oranges, they are completely different.

I'm thinking maybe he purchased his swaybar straight from Australia and a higher tensile strength steel was used. Which would probably make up for the smaller diameter bar and still increase spring stiffness rate over larger diameter stocker.

AbNormal purchased the red RS bar from me. It's not designed either in size or dimension to work on an RT. It has nothing to do with tensile strength, steel type or Australia.

I have an RS bar now, I hope to have an RT bar soon. That's really all there is to it. I'm trying to keep it simple.... Really!

The more I try to clairify this, the worse it seems to get. :dontknow: