PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota SpyderLovers August 25th Ride

Paula(Butch2025)
08-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Our next ride, August 25, will be taking us west of Mora to Little Falls. As usual we will take some great country roads to arrive at our destination. Below is a link to a walking tour of Little Falls, you will find the Black & White Restaurant, this is where we plan to have lunch. Also, this is the boyhood home of Charles Lindberg and if anyone wants to take a tour we can certainly fit it in! Remember sign-in is at 9am and we will start our ride at 10am. Hope to see you all there!

http://www.cityoflittlefalls.com/Community/Videos%20%26%20Podcasts/Historic%20Tour/index.php

Paula(Butch2025)
08-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Our next ride, August 25, will be taking us west of Mora to Little Falls. As usual we will take some great country roads to arrive at our destination. Below is a link to a walking tour of Little Falls, you will find the Black & White Restaurant, this is where we plan to have lunch. Also, this is the boyhood home of Charles Lindberg and if anyone wants to take a tour we can certainly fit it in! Remember sign-in is at 9am and we will start our ride at 10am. Hope to see you all there!

http://www.cityoflittlefalls.com/Community/Videos%20%26%20Podcasts/Historic%20Tour/index.php

:doorag:Just wanted to give this post a little bump....seein's how the ride is NEXT weekend.

Don't forget to plan for our weekend away ride on September 15 & 16. We are heading up to Grand Rapids to stay then ride around looking for the "Lost 40" .

ARtraveler
08-18-2012, 03:33 PM
It sounds like another great Minnesota ryde. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

MMcc
08-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Carolyn will be in California visiting our daughter so the 'honey do list' can wait. See you at Caswell's Saturday morning.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
It sounds like another great Minnesota ryde. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

;) Mums the word...we won't tell Caroline a thing!!! Looking forward to seeing you again Mike.

SethO
08-26-2012, 12:12 AM
was a great time, was good to see all the MN spyder owners and new ones I heard about. Les and I must really race for a bit.

MMcc
08-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Minnesota is known for quick weather changes. Left Caswell's with overcast skies. After about 40 minutes there was some light drizzle on the windshield. We did not stop, figured we would ride out of it quickly. Then the heavens opened up, still kept going. After a good soaking we did pull over to put on rain gear. Sixteen spiders and riders were now soaked. Mounted up again for the final twelve miles to Little Falls for lunch. Of course in two miles we were out of the rain. The wonderful thing about the spyder, never felt unsafe. Had I been on two wheels I would have stopped at first sprinkle and sought shelter and waited for rain to pass and then a little longer for the road to drain and missed a good lunch and lots of good stories. Gotta love that :spyder2:.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
was a great time, was good to see all the MN spyder owners and new ones I heard about. Les and I must really race for a bit.

I thought that was what you and Les were doing up there - racing!!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Minnesota is known for quick weather changes. Left Caswell's with overcast skies. After about 40 minutes there was some light drizzle on the windshield. We did not stop, figured we would ride out of it quickly. Then the heavens opened up, still kept going. After a good soaking we did pull over to put on rain gear. Sixteen spiders and riders were now soaked. Mounted up again for the final twelve miles to Little Falls for lunch. Of course in two miles we were out of the rain. The wonderful thing about the spyder, never felt unsafe. Had I been on two wheels I would have stopped at first sprinkle and sought shelter and waited for rain to pass and then a little longer for the road to drain and missed a good lunch and lots of good stories. Gotta love that :spyder2:.

:agree: Mike...it was funny that we waited until we were all soaked before pulling over...that could be because Les and Seth were up there having fun "racing" in the rain!!!

SethO
08-26-2012, 01:25 PM
was just making sure there was nothing in the road for the rest of the group. You have to get ahead at little in case of something there you have to mark with spray paint.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-26-2012, 03:38 PM
was just making sure there was nothing in the road for the rest of the group. You have to get ahead at little in case of something there you have to mark with spray paint.

Ok, sure...if that's your story!!!!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-26-2012, 03:40 PM
We had a great turn out for our August ride, 17 spyders! Les Caswell, our dealler at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN, and I dreamed up these rides last year. We do one ride a month and this year we started in April and our last ride will be in October.

Our recent ride took us to Little Falls, MN. It wasn't one of our longer rides, but was it ever a great ride. Seth had some work (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#) done at Caswell's on Friday and then came down to our house and crashed for the night and the three of us road back up to Mora Saturday morning. After getting there and helping with sign-in, we noticed that about half of the people that showed up for the ride were new to our group! There was so much visiting going no in the parking lot that Les had a hard time getting everyone to mount up to start on our ride.

Our first stop was to go through Mora and take a photo next to the giant Dala Horse (Mora is a very Swedish town) then we "paraded" through town on our way out. Les pick some good country roads to take us to Little Falls, thank goodness for farmers that wouldn't let the roads cut through their fields, that makes for some fun sweeping corners to go along their boarders. We did get a little wet, but even that couldn't ruin our ride. We all dried out after lunch!

As all good Spyderlovers know, there are three things we all love to do: ride, talk, and eat good food!! With the first two checked off the list (of course we are never done talking!) we contined on to the third. Our lunch stop was at The Black & White Restaurant, there is some great history to this place and the food was awesome. Our daughter, Heather, drove down from "dirt town" to join us for lunch and pick up Seth (he had to go to work that night), so we all said our good-byes in the parking lot and some of our riders headed for home on different routes. About seven of us followed Les back to the dealership (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#) and I got the "honor" of riding the death machine back to More for Seth to drop it off for further repairs.

All in all it was a great day and ride - when I woke up this morning I said to Butch, "What are we going to do today top yesterdays ride?!!!"

Here is a link to the photos of our ride yesterday:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457744774247697.102767.100000365346370&type =3&l=1f64c58714

--Paula