PDA

View Full Version : Home from SITR

Arr MiHardies
08-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Won a Corbin gift certificate at SITR and stopped in Hollister to visit Corbin. I had called a day ahead for ride in service, and was told they were closing up the factory for a few days and were operating on a skeleton crew, since most of their customers were at Sturgis. Still, I needed to go in to at least see my options and place my order. Thankfully, they were able to fit me in, and a long wait at Corbin on Friday resulted in me not hitting the road out of Hollister till about 3pm right as the heat began to hit hard. An hour and a half later, in 115° heat, I had to duck out. Spent another hour and a half dodging heat in a Denny's near Coalinga and decided to call it a night in Bakersfield around 9pm. Got up and out the door at 6 to avoid as much heat as possible. Was downright chilly going over the Tehachapi pass, but warmed up Made it home around 11. Still a warm 105° ride, but it was mostly cloudy shortly after departing Barstow, so it was quite tolerable. Just a couple miles shy of 2000 miles this past week. Spyder ran like a champ the whole time.

Still undecided about my new seat though On the whole, it it an improvement, but I think they need to remove a bit from the left butt cheek area. Feels like all my weight is on my left cheek bone and that is the only section that hurts.

Was great seeing all of you in the redwoods. Hopefully, the stars align and I can see you all again at a rally next year!

Blue Star
08-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Won a Corbin gift certificate at SITR and stopped in Hollister to visit Corbin. I had called a day ahead for ride in service, and was told they were closing up the factory for a few days and were operating on a skeleton crew, since most of their customers were at Sturgis. Still, I needed to go in to at least see my options and place my order. Thankfully, they were able to fit me in, and a long wait at Corbin on Friday resulted in me not hitting the road out of Hollister till about 3pm right as the heat began to hit hard. An hour and a half later, in 115° heat, I had to duck out. Spent another hour and a half dodging heat in a Denny's near Coalinga and decided to call it a night in Bakersfield around 9pm. Got up and out the door at 6 to avoid as much heat as possible. Was downright chilly going over the Tehachapi pass, but warmed up Made it home around 11. Still a warm 105° ride, but it was mostly cloudy shortly after departing Barstow, so it was quite tolerable. Just a couple miles shy of 2000 miles this past week. Spyder ran like a champ the whole time.

Still undecided about my new seat though On the whole, it it an improvement, but I think they need to remove a bit from the left butt cheek area. Feels like all my weight is on my left cheek bone and that is the only section that hurts.

Was great seeing all of you in the redwoods. Hopefully, the stars align and I can see you all again at a rally next year!

It was great ryding with you. Friday was killer heat, and we too had to dodge the heat (115 degree). We stopped at a movie theater, and saw the Bourne Legacy as it was the next movie playing that Katie wanted to see. When we got out of the movie it was 102, and the temp gauge on the bike still had four bars showing. Other than hitting the heat on the last day it was a great trip, and fun time.

Enjoyed meeting Flamingo Babe and Hot Glue, as well as some other from Spyderlovers I am sure I did not even realize that I did. Made some great memories for me and my daughter. Now that I know I can go 1859 miles I can look forward to Spyderfest in 2013.511745117551176

PS. Katie says she don't want to sit on another motorcycle for at least a year.

Arr MiHardies
08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't think she'll ever forget the dinner that last night. :)

Blue Star
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't think she'll ever forget the dinner that last night. :)

As embarased as she gets when in front of a crowd I am sure she won't.