PDA

View Full Version : OKAY. I'M CONFUSED AGAIN

namknight
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Well I know ya'll have read my exciting posts concerning my hitch and subsequent trailer. I order the trailer and the man tells me that it will be built with a 5 pin connector. So I decide to look at the factory connector and it's got 9 pins!!! How many lights does the factory trailer have? Maybe enough juice to operate the optional "minigun"? Whoops! forgot. The Canadians don't like guns.
All kidding aside, am I missing something here? I understood (mistakenly) that CanAm used a 5 pin. Is there an adapter out there? I know I am a loser when it comes to electronics. Any help or advice will be appreciated ( along with the slings and arrows).

the a

NancysToy
08-11-2012, 04:05 PM
The Spyder RT-622 uses a matching 9-pin connector (7 active pins). The 2010 trailers were 5-wire, and the 2011/2012 are 4-wire. You will have to build an adapter or replace your trailer connector with the appropriate Deutsch connector. Most adapters are bulit from the RT-622 trailer tongue harness (5-wire) or the later pole harness (4-wire). There is a chance that you will not be able to use the 5-wire trailer with later trailer modules. I'd recommend having someone test your trailer connector to see which outputs are active before modifying anything. You may have to modify the trailer lighting/wiring to make things work.