PDA

View Full Version : Trailer wiring

ROSCOE
08-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Just got new trailer,2010 CanAm. Installed factory hitch and wiring, lights on bike work correctly. Lights on trailer are as follows running lights good, brake lights good. This is where it gets strange:yikes: left brake blinks instead of blinkers and right doesnt blink at all. If any one has a wiring diagram they can post or any suggestions that would be great.

2011 RT E, 5500 plus miles not a problem.

Jeriatric
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM

I found this here and saved it. Can't vouch for whether it is correct or not but testing a couple should tell you if it is.

Good luck.

NancysToy
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
There are several versions of the trailer module out there, and two versions of trailer wiring. Your trailer is wired for 5-wire. The newer ones are not. The early modules were 5-wire (actually 6+). The 2011 modules had both 5-wire and 4-wire capability, to work with the 4-wire 2011 trailer or the 5-wire 2012 trailer. The newest modules are rumored only to be 4-wire, but I have not seen one and tested it in person. The diagram posted is for the early trailer and module. You can use it to test your trailer connector on the Spyder. You probably will find F & G to be providing both turn and brake indications. In that case the brake lights should also act as turn signals, in addition to the amber turn signals. If C & D are active, too, The brake function can be crossed with the signals in that case. Disconnecting the amber turn signals may cure the issue. The easiest way to test that is to just remove the bulbs.

PM me and we can try to hash it out bit by bit.