PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd take a ride in the cool of the evening

Jeriatric
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
but it's 9:20 and still 102 degrees. Guess I'll wait till the cool of the morning, when it'll still be 95 at 5 AM. On the bright side we had a high of only 112 today :roflblack:

Updated: 9:53 PM PDT THU AUG 9 2012

Sun & Moon Information

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/fcicons/pcloudyn.gif

Fair

Temp:

100°F

Humidity:

33%

Wind Speed:

NE 4.6 MPH (4 KT)

Barometer:

29.74 in.

Dewpoint:

66°F

Heat Index:

Heat index 104

MMcc
08-10-2012, 06:20 AM
We winter in Desert Center, about 1 hour east of you. Summers are spent in Minnesota. Monitor the temperature at DC house. Too many triple digit days for us. Will return in October. One other :spyder2:in the park. He is from OK and with drought and heat there has not had much good riding. Perhaps we will meet you this fall or winter. Mike

Bob Denman
08-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Why am I left remembering all of those horrible science fiction movies about the World turing to ashes... :yikes:
At least you know that good ryding weather is coming! :thumbup: HANG IN THERE!

SDM
08-10-2012, 07:11 AM
The Day The Earth Caught Fire with Edward Judd and Leo McKern. :thumbup: 1 of my personal favorites!!!:yes:

Jeriatric
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
We winter in Desert Center, about 1 hour east of you. Summers are spent in Minnesota. Monitor the temperature at DC house. Too many triple digit days for us. Will return in October. One other :spyder2:in the park. He is from OK and with drought and heat there has not had much good riding. Perhaps we will meet you this fall or winter. Mike

Many folks that live in my community winter here. Like yourself they start appearing in October and are gone by no later than May. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. This will be my ninth summer here. Having moved here from San Diego it took three summers for me to acclimate. Now, like the Zonnies (those from Arizona) we used to laugh at, a trip to San Diego in the evening almost always requires a jacket.

Sure thing. :thumbup: Over lunch perhaps?

Jer

Bob Denman
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
The Day The Earth Caught Fire with Edward Judd and Leo McKern. :thumbup: 1 of my personal favorites!!!:yes:

That's a good one for sure! :thumbup:

Even if it does hit a bit close to home this summer... :shocked:

ARtraveler
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Hope the weather moderates for you so you can enjoy riding. We have pretty much the opposite going on. Getting ready for the 300 mile drive to Homer this AM. Mid 50's, cloudy and going to dress for cooler as we summit Turnagain Pass. No precip showing on the weather map for our trip--so that is a plus.

The other day I saw three V formations of geese heading South already.

Jeriatric
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Hope the weather moderates for you so you can enjoy riding. We have pretty much the opposite going on. Getting ready for the 300 mile drive to Homer this AM. Mid 50's, cloudy and going to dress for cooler as we summit Turnagain Pass. No precip showing on the weather map for our trip--so that is a plus.

The other day I saw three V formations of geese heading South already.

Hope you two have a safe and fun trip, and that it is a dry ride too. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
(Did anybody give those two permission to leave for an entire weekend?? :shocked:) :roflblack:
Have a good trip and bring us back souvenirs! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I rode from Santa Ana, Ca to Las Vegas yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I left CA at 2:00 pm and the highest my thermometer read was 114. We were under a high heat warning so I thought maybe it would be worse than it was. I find that I'm okay on the expressway and the heat doesn't bother me.

Jeriatric
08-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I rode from Santa Ana, Ca to Las Vegas yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I left CA at 2:00 pm and the highest my thermometer read was 114. We were under a high heat warning so I thought maybe it would be worse than it was. I find that I'm okay on the expressway and the heat doesn't bother me.

Got your new muffler?

The only reason I didn't ride the other night is that I'm tired of cooking my foot. It's kind of like tossing a saddle on your favorite horse knowing the blanket you put the saddle on has a bur in it and you hop on anyway.

Only in this case.....I'm the horse!

SpyderAnn01
08-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Got your new muffler?

The only reason I didn't ride the other night is that I'm tired of cooking my foot. It's kind of like tossing a saddle on your favorite horse knowing the blanket you put the saddle on has a bur in it and you hop on anyway.

Only in this case.....I'm the horse!

Yes, I got the new exhaust and it is pretty neat. It has a beefier sound than the stock exhaust. It may be a little louder but not much - it is just a different sound. I'm leaving in the morning for a month long trip on the Spyder and I'm hoping that the weather is a little cooler but not too cool.

Jeriatric
08-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Yes, I got the new exhaust and it is pretty neat. It has a beefier sound than the stock exhaust. It may be a little louder but not much - it is just a different sound. I'm leaving in the morning for a month long trip on the Spyder and I'm hoping that the weather is a little cooler but not too cool.

hope you have a wonderful time :thumbup: