PDA

View Full Version : So what is the definition of the first production run?

Lamonster
10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
All of the sudden some of us are being told that the dealers are only going to get 4 units this month and can only sell three of those and the rest will be shipped in March. Why didn't they tell us that in the first place? Sounds to me like the March orders are the second production run if it's going to take till March to get your order if you were forth on the list. I know there's no way I'm getting mine now. I would have called around more if I knew I had to be number three or less to actually get a first production run Spyder. This really ticks me off when they can't be honest with you from the start. :( :edit:

Spyderman
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Back in March my dealer told me there were only 3 dealers in Florida getting allocation but i believe their is a lot more than that.

Spyderman
10-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Getting some info from the other board this morning, it looks like there are going to be some delays in delivery and some cut down allocations which isn't making a lot of people happy.

spyderwoman
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Getting some info from the other board this morning, it looks like there are going to be some delays in delivery and some cut down allocations which isn't making a lot of people happy.

i talked to my dealer in jacksonville, fl friday and they are still under the assumption that they are getting 8 spyders in october and 8 in march....now when in october they are not sure. i hope they are not jerking us around or they just really don't know for sure like the rest of us. is there another website/forum like this one spyderman or are you talking about the website from the brp company?

Dilbertian
10-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Lamont,
My dealer did confirm that he is expecting a delivery of 4 units tomorrow (10/10/07). As for after that, he wasn't sure when or how many others he would be getting. I will just hope for the best for now until I hear more. There's no way I will be able to keep from going balistic if BRP makes me wait until March for my delivery. It won't be pretty.

-Tim

jomion
10-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Don't know how else to say it...But 'read the fine print.' The pre-order certificate clearly states:

"Acknowledgement that, due to the limited number of units produced, it is not possible for your dealer to guarantee a delivery date earlier than March 2008. Only 600 Limited Edition Spyder roadsters will be delivered in North America in the fall of 2007; plus an additional 1,500 Limited Edition Spyder roadsters will be delivered between January and March 2008. Each authorized Spyder dealer will receive a limited quantity of roadsters, and will be taking deposits on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Each dealer will also manage the allocation of their units to their consumers having submitted a deposit. BRP is not liable for any delay in delivery or for the allocaiton of the roadsters."

This is pretty clear. 600 units divided by 150 dealers is 4 per dealer. In reading this, it is quite clear that unless you are first or second in line at your dealer, you will not see your Spyder until Spring 2008.

Lamonster
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Don't know how else to say it...But 'read the fine print.' The pre-order certificate clearly states:

"Acknowledgement that, due to the limited number of units produced, it is not possible for your dealer to guarantee a delivery date earlier than March 2008. Only 600 Limited Edition Spyder roadsters will be delivered in North America in the fall of 2007; plus an additional 1,500 Limited Edition Spyder roadsters will be delivered between January and March 2008. Each authorized Spyder dealer will receive a limited quantity of roadsters, and will be taking deposits on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Each dealer will also manage the allocation of their units to their consumers having submitted a deposit. BRP is not liable for any delay in delivery or for the allocaiton of the roadsters."

This is pretty clear. 600 units divided by 150 dealers is 4 per dealer. In reading this, it is quite clear that unless you are first or second in line at your dealer, you will not see your Spyder until Spring 2008.

Guess I didn't know there were 150 dealers getting Spyders. My dealer in Knoxville is not getting any so I think you could knock a few of those off of the list. I just got some more info that makes me hopeful I'll still get mine this month. Right now I plan on taking my 109 to Biketoberfest seeing I have no real due date to go by.

TJ_Spyder
10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
...I just got some more info that makes me hopeful I'll still get mine this month. Right now I plan on taking my 109 to Biketoberfest seeing I have no real due date to go by.

Lamont,
What additional info did you get? I haven't talked to the dealer this week did you hear something from him? Looks like I'll be driving my car to Biketoberfest. :(

Spyderman
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Just called dealer here in SW Florida who promised me by the 3rd week of Oct. Now its anywhere from the end of Oct to Mid Nov so no Octoberfest. The demos are coming in next week. my dealer allocation did go from 4 to 3 with me getting the only yellow one.

barb36jack31
10-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Was at my dealer yesterday here in Sanford FL. He was on the phone to BRP and when he hung up he said they were getting 3 units on or around the 16th of OCT. One was to be a demo and the other two for delivery to customers. There is a bike show here in Sanford this weekend and I am going to ride the Spyder again. (3rd time).

Don't see why there would be a delivery in Oct/Nov and then a hiatus until March. If the production line continues to run, there should continue to be a stream of units entering the system. The entire matter is confusing. Sometimes I am tempted to pitch the whole thing, get a two wheeler to have something to ride, and check back with BRP in a couple of years when they get their act together.

Spyderman
10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
The hiatus might be that they are making Spyders for other countries and will resume with the US in the spring.

Lamonster
10-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Looks like they are going to mis the boat for Biketoberfest. ::)

Spyderman
10-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I called BRP Canada this morning and the girl told me some have been shipped. A few days for customs, so keep your fingers crossed. She also verified like 3 for the customers and 1 demo unit which cannot be sold yet.

barb36jack31
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
There is an 18 wheeler truck with 16 Spyders on board here in the FL area. They were at the Sanford bike show last weekend. (I rode one for the third time!) The next stop is Biketoberfest at Daytona. BRP is actively signing up new riders even though they are having huge problems in getting units to those with deposits already paid. Looks like they plan to have a great demand from here on out. That could all fall on its face if one of the big boys (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc.) decide to get into the market with a similar bike. I have a deposit on a Spyder, but I would jump ship if Honda came out with one of their own.

Lamonster
10-17-2007, 03:45 AM
There is an 18 wheeler truck with 16 Spyders on board here in the FL area. They were at the Sanford bike show last weekend. (I rode one for the third time!) The next stop is Biketoberfest at Daytona. BRP is actively signing up new riders even though they are having huge problems in getting units to those with deposits already paid. Looks like they plan to have a great demand from here on out. That could all fall on its face if one of the big boys (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc.) decide to get into the market with a similar bike. I have a deposit on a Spyder, but I would jump ship if Honda came out with one of their own.
:agree:

DLPeace
10-17-2007, 09:02 AM
There is an 18 wheeler truck with 16 Spyders on board here in the FL area. They were at the Sanford bike show last weekend. (I rode one for the third time!) The next stop is Biketoberfest at Daytona. BRP is actively signing up new riders even though they are having huge problems in getting units to those with deposits already paid. Looks like they plan to have a great demand from here on out. That could all fall on its face if one of the big boys (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc.) decide to get into the market with a similar bike. I have a deposit on a Spyder, but I would jump ship if Honda came out with one of their own

Im with you, BRP better get on the ball I would go with a honda in a sec.

TJ_Spyder
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Same here!
A VFR Trike would rule!

LittleJohn
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Same here!
A VFR Trike would rule!

The VFR powerplant would work, but I think the ST1300 mill would ROCK!!! :bigthumbsup:

barb36jack31
10-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Ye Gads! That 1300ST would really be something! Probably be over 20K though.

LittleJohn
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
My most current bike was an ST1300. Man I loved that bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Decided to sell it rather than let it sit in the garage while my foot heals, and not knowing if Ill be able / allowed to ride 2 wheels again.
If I get clearance to stay on 2, I may buy another one, or Im leanin real hard toward the Spyder if all the delivery issues are cleared up by then (Ive got a year or so, so they may be by then)