PDA

View Full Version : End-Of-The-Season Ride

kentompkins
08-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Ed Reyes, the General Manager of Atlantic City Cycle Center, is thinking about sponsoring an end of the season ride on a Sunday late in Sept. The event would start at the Cycle Center in the morning. Then there would be a ride for a couple of hours, lunch and a return to Hammonton. All Spyder and Victory owners would be welcome.

South/Central New Jersey owners should support this plan; other dealers offer such events but we have never had one down here. Let's encourage other Spyder owners to attend.

Details soon; in the meantime, contact Ed at the Cycle Center and offer your support.

ken tompkins

Paula(Butch2025)
08-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Ken, good luck with this ride. I have worked with our dealer for two years now to do monthly rides. At first we only had four or five Spyders and now we get 10 or more for each ride. Our dealer has even started a promotion that if you come on each ride you draw a card and at the final ride in October we'll see you got the best poker hand and they have a prize. Sure hope you get a good response for your "Final Ride of the Season"!
--Paula

Dwanton
08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I have no problem supporting my friends at Atlantic city cycle center -- Ed and the guys are all great ! :thumbup:

I don't see any reason it has to only be spyders and victories ?.. Ed doesn't even sell victory any how -- they have a big sport bike following too.

Boriken
08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
I'll be there supporting Ed, Justin and the gang, they are all good people.

mrmichaelg
08-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Just let me know the when and where and how be there:ohyea:

kentompkins
08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Put it on your calendars!

I met today with Ed Reyes and Daryl (of the sales staff) to discuss plans for the Sept 30th ride. Full details to follow soon; right now, folks should meet at Atlantic City Cycle Center at 10 AM on the 30th. The ride will start at 11AM after coffee and meeting other riders. We will ride to Salem using back roads all the way. Ed is finding a place in or near Salem for us to eat. We'll then return to the Cycle Center where service and sales offers will be available.

We welcome anyone and any bike on this ride. So our two-wheeled friends, girl friends, wives and others are invited to participate.

If this ride is successful -- the response so far has been overwhelmingly supportive -- Ed hopes to offer other rides and deals throughout the year. I have been encouraging him to organize a ride to the Spyderfest at Cuba in the Spring. He's very interested.

Here is what you need to do if you intend to join us on the 30th: write Ed Reyes (ereyes@atlanticcitycc.com) an email containing your name, phone number and bike you'll be riding. Rain date is Oct. 7th.

This should be a great ride, will be a chance to meet other bike riders and a chance to get in on some good deals.

I hope to see you there.

ken tompkins

xraypat
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Ken,
Any idea how many riders have signed up already or how long the ride may be? I'm running a 5K the day before and am thinking I would like to go but not sure if the old body will be willing. I'm at exit 100 on the parkway so I have to ride a bit to get there. Thanks.

SPYD3R
09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Ed, i'm a little confused here.... END OF THE SEASON RIDE...? please, what does that mean....?
here in SoCar, i ride from 1 January until 31 December... yup, the Blue Ridge Parkway will get snow/ice from time to time and we do need warm clothing at times, but that's when us SPYDERS head to the coast; Wilmington, Charleston, Beaufort, Savannah, JAX, etc... i guess we are not as lucky to have an END OF THE SEASON ride, we just have ride after ride after ride... come join us pal... sooooooooooooo much riding to do down in the south and everyone is welcome.... COME ON DOWN.... :clap:

Dwanton
09-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey , that's my birthday ! What a great present . Just don't think the wife and family will like having a party without me being there to sing to .. :shocked:

Agree " end of season " not the best choice of words - ----- we can almost ride year round now - if it snows one week it's in the 60's the following week .:banghead: Thank global warming I guess.

I will do my best to be there ! :thumbup:

Salem is a nice ride from the cycle center , is Ed buying lunch ? I'd better pack a couple peanut butter and jellies .

kentompkins
09-09-2012, 05:23 AM
xraypat.....

Not sure about the numbers but one of the ACCC staff told me yesterday that they were pleased with how many had signed up. I have to check with Ed Reyes this week to see how the plans are shaping up. He was going to plan a route of about two hours and was going to find a place to eat near Salem that had a good menu and plenty of parking space. The Service Area at ACCC will be open at the end of the ride if anyone needs minor service/diagnosis.

I hope you will join us. Ed is working hard to get a community started so that we can plan other events. I'm hoping he will organize a group of us to go to SpyderFest next April. He deserves our support and it is ALWAYS fun to meet/chat with other Spyder owners. Email him so he knows of your interest.

ken tompkins

Ken,
Any idea how many riders have signed up already or how long the ride may be? I'm running a 5K the day before and am thinking I would like to go but not sure if the old body will be willing. I'm at exit 100 on the parkway so I have to ride a bit to get there. Thanks.

Dwanton
09-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Xraypat ,

if you come down the parkway , you could get off at the exit for Pomona , can't remember what number it is ( thinking 43 or 44 I know it is just before the jimmy Leeds rest area ) , but it brings you down to wrangleboro rd / Pomona rd and you can jump right on moss mill road which is a nice road to ride a bike , and brings you all the way down towards rte 30 right near the cycle center . Your most direct rte would be rte206 all the way til it ends on rte 30 .

Depending on what time you plan on coming down , I could meet you at the parkway exit and ride the back roads with you . That's about a 40 minute ride from my house , so we will have to stop and get GAS before we hit the cycle center .

If it matters I ride about 65 to 85 mph , so you might not want to ride that slow !

Boriken
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Today at the "Roar to the Shore 2012" in Wildwood, NJ I met two RS Spyder ryders from Vineland and advised them about the en-of-the- season ride. They seem interested and wrote the date down, so I think that we'll have two additional ryders for the event.:yes::yes:

Dwanton
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM
For me this event is getting complicated but i am gonna make this work .

Wife informed me today that we have a wedding on this same day also :banghead: Can you believe this :banghead:

So I can meet everyone in the morning , say my hello's and hang out a little while , run home , and head out for the wedding , then back home for the other half of my family for my birthday party .

I am going to be racing all over that day - I might need Monday off to recover . :p

DrewNJ
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I will be there for sure, along with my friend Joe from Delaware. :2thumbs:
Should be a fantastic ride and meet!
Doug

spydaman60
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Xraypat ,

if you come down the parkway , you could get off at the exit for Pomona , can't remember what number it is ( thinking 43 or 44 I know it is just before the jimmy Leeds rest area ) , but it brings you down to wrangleboro rd / Pomona rd and you can jump right on moss mill road which is a nice road to ride a bike , and brings you all the way down towards rte 30 right near the cycle center . Your most direct rte would be rte206 all the way til it ends on rte 30 .

Depending on what time you plan on coming down , I could meet you at the parkway exit and ride the back roads with you . That's about a 40 minute ride from my house , so we will have to stop and get ass before we hit the cycle center .

If it matters I ride about 65 to 85 mph , so you might not want to ride that slow !

what's this part about stopping to get ass in your quote.:banghead: my wife read it and said i can't go now!!!:joke:

Dwanton
09-10-2012, 09:00 PM
well now i know why the guy didnt reply -- LOL -- :lecturef_smilie: maybe we could stop and get some GAS -- :thumbup:

i wont need to because i cant go on the ride -- only meet in the morning and if the ride goes towards my way home -- i dont know .

and after 25 years of marrage i wish i could stop and get some ass :banghead: wish it was that easy nojoke

juliantrost
09-11-2012, 08:01 AM
well now i know why the guy didnt reply -- LOL -- :lecturef_smilie: maybe we could stop and get some GAS -- :thumbup:

i wont need to because i cant go on the ride -- only meet in the morning and if the ride goes towards my way home -- i dont know .

and after 25 years of marrage i wish i could stop and get some ass :banghead: wish it was that easy nojoke

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BigAbyss
09-17-2012, 04:11 AM
I am interested in this ride. Let me know all the details

kentompkins
09-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Abyss....

We meet at Atlantic City Cycle Center (ACCC) at 10AM on Sept. 30. Coffee and donuts will be available. We leave about 11AM for a two hour ride to Salem. Then we ride to Millville for lunch (restaurant still to be determined). When we finish lunch, we'll ride back to ACCC. The service manager and staff will be available any problems you might have.

These are the plans as of last week. Ed Reyes -- General Mgr -- is still working on the specifics. He hopes to have about 30 riders. The ride is open to anyone in the area. Rain date: Oct 7th.

Come join us. Ed hopes it will be the first of many events.

kt

I am interested in this ride. Let me know all the details

DrewNJ
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
A few of us are meeting at the Silver Coin Diner in Hammonton in the AM before the ride. Meeting at 8:30am (I will probably be there closer to 8am). All are welcome!:thumbup:

The Silver Coin Diner is right on the Pike at the corner of 30/54/206. Sort of across the street from the Walmart. Looks like it's about 8 miles west of ACCC where we're all meeting.
Doug

NJERNIE
09-23-2012, 02:21 PM
If no one minds that we arrive in a Chevy SSR, Cooky and I would love to join everyone for the ride. Have finally settled with the insurance company but the checks in the mail. Waiting to see what the 2013s are like.

kentompkins
09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
NJERNIE....Do it. I would be good to see you and Cooky again. I'm sure you will be welcome.

ken tompkins

If no one minds that we arrive in a Chevy SSR, Cooky and I would love to join everyone for the ride. Have finally settled with the insurance company but the checks in the mail. Waiting to see what the 2013s are like.

xraypat
09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately I mixed up my dates. My 5K is actuality on the 30th not the 29th so I will not be able to go on the ride. :mad:

kentompkins
09-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Sorry you can't make it. Good luck on your 5K and let us know here how you do.

kt

Unfortunately I mixed up my dates. My 5K is actuality on the 30th not the 29th so I will not be able to go on the ride. :mad:

kentompkins
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Looking forward to meeting everyone on the ride this Sunday. If you haven't dropped Ed Reyes an email yet, please do. He needs an accurate number of those participating.

It's still not too late to join up with us. We meet at 10 AM at Atlantic City Cycle Center on Rt. 30 in Hammonton, NJ.

ken tompkins

Dwanton
09-30-2012, 11:25 AM
what a great turn out for the first one -- hope to have many more -- and i wont have to leave early .

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/meet5.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/meet4.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/meet3.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/meet2.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/dpwanton/meet1.jpg

xraypat
09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
You guys had a great day for a ride!
I finished my 5K in 33:26 :clap: I accomplished what I wanted

Improve on my last 5K (33.33)
Run the entire race
And not come in last (I'm somewhere in that shot)

After I got home I hopped on my Spyder and took a ride to the Barnegat Lighthouse :yes:

Next time hope to ride with you all!

mrmichaelg
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Great pictures. That was one of the best rides I had all summer.:clap::clap: I didn't know that their was so many spyders in the area. We should get together and form a riding group. if anyone is interested in forming a group e-mail me at mrmichaelg1@msn.com. Maybe we can formulated over the winter. Since that was the end of the season ride, maybe they can sponsor a beginning of the season ride.:pray: Just a thought. Again, that was a great ride:bowdown::bowdown:

kentompkins
10-01-2012, 07:31 AM
mrmichael's comments reflect a very brief discussion we had yesterday about what we should do now. I'll start a new item here so we can continue that discussion and hear what others think.

kt

Great pictures. That was one of the best rides I had all summer.:clap::clap: I didn't know that their was so many spyders in the area. We should get together and form a riding group. if anyone is interested in forming a group e-mail me at mrmichaelg1@msn.com. Maybe we can formulated over the winter. Since that was the end of the season ride, maybe they can sponsor a beginning of the season ride.:pray: Just a thought. Again, that was a great ride:bowdown::bowdown: