PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse???

shelbydave
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
My wife sometimes says that I'm a little strange... There's a story behind that.
Back when I was 11, My dad bought a brand new '73 Chevy Vega. When my brother came home on leave one time, he decided he would put some "tunes" in the Vega. So, in goes the under dash 8-track player. He also gave my dad Joan Baez' "David's Album". Sooo... vacation time comes up, and the family is taking the 7 hour trip to my Aunt and Uncle! Us kids pile in the back of the Vega, Mom and Dad are up front, and in goes Joan!!! She didn't come out for 7 hours! I can still hear "Diamonds and Rust" fading out, the click of the head, and then the song fading back in!!!

...And people wonder why I don't own guns...

Bob Denman
08-09-2012, 09:28 AM
:shocked: I'm surprised thatt the Vega didn't melt its own engine block in an attempt to kill off all of that squawking and squealing... :shocked:

shelbydave
08-09-2012, 10:16 AM
On the bright side... If I ever cracked, and went postal, my lawyer could simply state "He had to endure a Joan Baez 8-Track in a Vega for 7 hours as a child!" What better insanity plea?

boborgera
08-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Child abuse was for me were the two week road trips that my parents would take me on back in the 50's,
And stop at every single side show off the highway, When the side show billboard said, Fun and, Especially;
''Educational''

Firefly
08-09-2012, 10:52 AM
We had a Vega wagon for a few years in the 70's.

Anyone remember the Cosworth versions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Cosworth_Vega

Saw one of these awhile ago at a car night here in town... pretty cool.

Bob Denman
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
The Cosworths were pretty cool! :2thumbs: I knew a guy who stuffed a built LS-6 under the hood of one of them after he twisted the original Chevelle up a bit too much... Fired it up, revved it up and the doors and hood all popped open! Twisted that little Vega up into a knot! :yikes:
We used to have to endure a whole bunch of those late-fifties country singers... :yikes: To this day; I don't like CW music. :gaah:

MarkLawson
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
On the bright side... If I ever cracked, and went postal, my lawyer could simply state "He had to endure a Joan Baez 8-Track in a Vega for 7 hours as a child!" What better insanity plea?

Heck, the judge would probably apologize for wasting your time in court & then chastise the DA for filing charges against you! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-09-2012, 11:48 AM
:agree: :roflblack::roflblack: :2thumbs:

Smokinspyder
08-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Child abuse .. ha ha like my wife says when she beats me its not abuse its discipline . But to be serious it gave you the fond memories right so Nah not abuse ;P

bruiser
08-09-2012, 07:09 PM
How about waking up to Slim Whitman LPs on Saturday morning and going to bed with Hank sr. singing Settin' the Woods on Fire. :shocked: :yikes:

Ga Blue Knight
08-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Anyone remember Box Car Willie...........Why? have you no taste at all!

Bob Denman
08-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Bruiser, You win... :shocked:

I'd have gouged my own eardrums out! :yikes:

dannymax
08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
But....'Diamonds and Rust' man, there are worse ways to go! :ohyea:

Ever heard the Judas Priest acoustic version? Sweet!! :thumbup: